Todays fitba

I didn't think it was a great night for SAF to be honest.  While playing Rooney gave the team and the fans a boost, he limped through most of the first half, and has appeared to aggravate his ankle injury.

And his tirade after the game were a bit silly IMHO.

I didn't think it was a great night for SAF to be honest.  While playing Rooney gave the team and the fans a boost, he limped through most of the first half, and has appeared to aggravate his ankle injury.

And his tirade after the game were a bit silly IMHO.

Obviously thought it was worth the gamble. Some you win, some you don't.

The reaction of the Germans definitely influenced the ref on the Rafael second yellow. I thought it was a harsh booking and had the ref used the same principles throughout van Bommel wouldn't have seen past the 25th minute.

Although it wasn't mentioned on the commentary last night, what the fuck was Ferdinand doing at the first goal? About 5 yards off his man who easily knocks it down for Olic.  He can be a brilliant defender but at times he's just monumentally limp.

Guest ally s

Barca surely must win the CL for the second year in a row?

I watched the highlights of the Manure game last night. Had they kept 11 men on the park I don't think there's any doubt they would have gone through.  Still funny as fuck seeing the Mancs get pumped out right enough!

Premier League - Keys and Gray caught slating Walcott

Sky Sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray got caught out live on air after a technical glitch meant some of their comments were heard during a match.

Veteran anchor Keys and chief analyst Gray were reportedly heard talking over some feeds of Arsenal's 4-1 defeat in Barcelona on Tuesday criticising Gunners winger Theo Walcott, with Keys also joking about someone's flatulence in the studio.

England international Walcott helped create the opening goal, but had an otherwise disappointing performance at the Camp Nou.

The Sun reported that at one point during the match, the 21-year-old went to ground, Keys was heard to say on an online stream of the match: "Get up, you stupid little boy.

"You've been s***e, son, in your daft pink boots - absolute rubbish."

Later on, former TV-am presenter Keys asked studio pundits Graeme Souness and Ruud Gullit: "Who's farted? It's not me."

Gray was also heard laying into Walcott on a feed picked up on Dutch television.

According to the Daily Mail, the former Everton, Wolves and Aston Villa striker said: "That Walcott's s***e, isn't he?"

With Lionel Messi's sensational first-half hat-trick ending the tie as a contest, Gray's attentions turned to half-time refreshments, and he was also heard asking: "Is someone going to get the teas on?"

A Sky spokesman denied the incidents, saying: "There were no technical issues with the audio on the night.

"On Sky coverage no conversations could be heard behind the live match commentary, and we did not supply any feeds to outside broadcasters. Richard has no reaction."

Good win by fulham last night against wolfsburg! They really have impressed me this season with such a limited squad compared to other teams they have managed to make a good go of it in every competition, especially the europa league. Can certainly see roy hodgson getting a few phone calls this summer.

I have £50 on Kilmarnock to be relegated at 7/1, put it on when Jeffries got binned, C'MON ABERDEEN. 

I've got £50 on Killie to be relegated, the Dandies better do the bizz!

C'mon Falkirk!

I've got £50 on Kilmarnock going down at 7/1, perfect day for me today.

Put the bet on just after Jeffries got binned, wouldn't have bet if i'd known jc would take over but it isn't looking a bad bet now anyway!

I'm curious though, who do you think will be relegated...?

Agree with you maverick. It was a cracking finish but what the hell was almunia doing for it? I didn't think it moved that much and was at a comfortable height. That said, i'm not a goalie. Not sure about what would be my goal of the season yet either. There have been a few corkers!

Agree with you maverick. It was a cracking finish but what the hell was almunia doing for it? I didn't think it moved that much and was at a comfortable height. That said, i'm not a goalie. Not sure about what would be my goal of the season yet either. There have been a few corkers!

Arsenal need 3 players. A striker, a dominant old fashioned midfielder and never more so, a goalie.

Arsenal need 3 players. A striker, a dominant old fashioned midfielder and never more so, a goalie.

Or a time machine and go back and get Seaman, Dixon, Bould, Adams, Winterarse, Vieira and Petit in their prime.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and I've thought this for sometime, but I don't think Wenger has much of a clue when it comes to defending and in particular signing defensive players. I know that sounds ridiculous but when you look at the team he inherited, when he had a fair chunk of his success, he still had the back five (with that tit Keown instead of Bould perhaps) listed above.  He may well have signed players who are individually good and strong, but he has never placed enough emphasis on getting the right guys in. 

Fergie had a blind spot with keepers (or was very unlucky with some) after Schmeichal, but he knows the importance of defence - huge money spent on Ferdinand, Stam and a brilliant buy in Vidic.  One of Mourinho's first moves was for Carvalho, fantastic centre half.  Cech I believe was bought by Ranieri before he left, but even still, which keeper would you pick out of van der Sar, Cech or Jens Lehmann?  In my book, Lehmann is way short of the other two.

Wenger thought Senderos was a player and it took him seasons to realise what everyone else could see.  I'm sure people could chuck stats at me and say "yeah, but his team have the best defensive record...etc" but even if that's the case, it's not stopping Man Utd and Chelsea positively horsing them even on their own patch and these are the results which will mainly lose them the league and similarly sides in the CL.

Wenger is an outstanding manager, and probably moreso as a coach, but I think there comes a point where you have to just admit defeat and rip it all up and start again. There is a severe lack of substance in that side and until that changes he'll win fuck all.

I have been told by a shareholder and corporate box owner that Craig Gordon will be at the Emirates next season.

Make of that what you will.

Good luck to him if true. Hope the jitters he got when he went down to Sunderland don't follow him. He's played very, very well recently.

Funnily enough Arsenal have been "known" to have been interested in Gordon for a while. Meanwhile Gordon has simply been interested in arse.

LOLZ.

They were also supposedly interested in "£10m Artur Boruc" after Euro 2008 but Sellick decided not to sell because they thought they'd get more "in a year or two's time"... LOLZ x 2.