Todays fitba

Can I just associate myself completely with this.

GIRFUY Melville. Aberdeen fan my hole and BTW, Billy Dodds, GIRFUY too.

Thats a bit harsh is it no?

Dodds is one of the best strikers this club has had. Would chop off an arm to have a player that has half the ability that Dodds had playing for AFC today.

I can't see the pic you've posted as I'm at work but going by your words I'll guess it's a pic of something fish related? 

I am deadly serious. if you think Dodds was better than Shearer or Booth you're tripping.  Dodds was a big reason we were almost relegated in his first season with us. Averaged a goal from open play per month for us, if he had scored not even the majority of the chances he should have, he'd have won the golden boot every year.  Didn't have much pace about him, had the first touch of a brick wall, wasn't great in the air and the worst of all... he couldn't strike the ball properly. the number of times the ball trickled from his boot, even at penalties... he was a hideous player and I was fucking delighted when he left.

I can't see the pic you've posted as I'm at work but going by your words I'll guess it's a pic of something fish related? 

I am deadly serious. if you think Dodds was better than Shearer or Booth you're tripping.  Dodds was a big reason we were almost relegated in his first season with us. Averaged a goal from open play per month for us, if he had scored not even the majority of the chances he should have, he'd have won the golden boot every year.  Didn't have much pace about him, had the first touch of a brick wall, wasn't great in the air and the worst of all... he couldn't strike the ball properly. the number of times the ball trickled from his boot, even at penalties... he was a hideous player and I was fucking delighted when he left.

Well reasoned and thought out response BB. I however just think he's a fucking cunt.

Well reasoned and thought out response BB. I however just think he's a fucking cunt.

Oh aye, he's that too.  mate of mine met him in a pub after a Dons game in Glasgow (in which Dodds played), my mate asked him "what was your score today?" and Dodds told him the huns score, and the huns weren't playing us that day. Fuck off cunt.

Guest ally s

Oh aye, he's that too.  mate of mine met him in a pub after a Dons game in Glasgow (in which Dodds played), my mate asked him "what was your score today?" and Dodds told him the huns score, and the huns weren't playing us that day. Fuck off cunt.

Harsh.

Having met Dodds a few times I can safely say he's far from a cunt.

Guest ally s

Telling your mate the Huns score hardly makes him a cunt does it BB?  Fair enough he played for the Dons at the time but it's hardly crime of the century.

I could give you a number of similar scenarios involving Dons players over the years but I wouldn't label them cunts for telling you the score of the team they support.

Telling your mate the Huns score hardly makes him a cunt does it BB?  Fair enough he played for the Dons at the time but it's hardly crime of the century.

I could give you a number of similar scenarios involving Dons players over the years but I wouldn't label them cunts for telling you the score of the team they support.

In fairness that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Dodds is nowhere near the same quality as Shearer although Booth after his injuries wasn't as effective as he was when he first came into the team, great natural ability.

That said Dodds was a good striker for Aberdeen overall, he took a long time to settle from what I can remember but he had the ability to be a great Aberdeen striker under the right coach. Once he saved us from relegation at Tynecastle with a brilliant performance he became a much better Aberdeen player.

I was gutted when he left and more so that we got ripped off to feck by Dundee Utd, Dodds later was brilliant there and got a move to rangers whilst we were stuck with an expensive flop.

That said I remember at the time thinking Dodds/Winters would have been a great partnership.