Todays fitba

I don't think inter are playing a dirty game dave. Interesting game but absolutely shocking red card decision. But the reaction on sergio certainly warranted it.

Sitting in, time wasting, they're just not playing the Hibs way. I'd really like to see 'us' rip them a new one.

Fuck Inter.

Fuck the lot of em.

It bothers me that people still bang on about how they don't watch spl because the champs league epl is so much better. The vast majority of football matches everywhere are gash nowadays. I don't know if it's tactics cancelling each other out or the money making people generally lazy but whatever it is there's hardly any genuinely good games.

Feel a bit strange about this... Inter v Bayern could be a cracking game, quite close to call I'd imagine and it's something completely different to the last x number of finals.

On the other hand, I had thought Barca would get to the final and ultimately win it. It would be a bit of history from an exceptional side and had they done so they'd have gone down as one of the finest club sides ever. It would be good to witness that, the potential would have been there to win 3 in a row a la Ajax and Bayern in the 70s in what is arguably a much harder tournament to win these days.

Fuck the lot of em.

It bothers me that people still bang on about how they don't watch spl because the champs league epl is so much better. The vast majority of football matches everywhere are gash nowadays. I don't know if it's tactics cancelling each other out or the money making people generally lazy but whatever it is there's hardly any genuinely good games.

Completely agree. And it often feels like the bigger the occasion, the worse the game.

One of the most entertaining games I've watched recently was Palace v West Brom on Monday night. Plenty meaty tackles, controversy, loads of chances and some brilliant saves.

Not saying that the championship is wonderful or anything like that but quite often you get better games at a lower level than you do in the champions league.

Park It

Cast your mind back to September 2004.

A young Jose Mourinho had just arrived in England in a storm of wonder and bulls**t, and had made a fine start to his time at Chelsea.

However, then came the evil, defensive proponents of anti-football Tottenham, who secured a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge. A game in which those famous hardmen and defensive midfield destroyers Jamie Redknapp and Simon Davies featured for Spurs.

Jose didn't react well: "As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend.

"There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it's not fair for the football we played."

So after a game in which Barcelona had between 76% and 86% of possession (depending on whose stats you believe), seven shots on target and a further nine off target to Inter Milan's one, and completed 555 passes to Inter's 67, are we to conclude that parking the bus is acceptable now?

I did think it was pathetic that Barcelona completed almost 700 passes while inter completed about 67 in the 90 minutes.

Heard this repeated today by several colleagues of mine going on about the travesty that Barcelona aren't in the final. 

In all honesty, if you have so much of the ball to complete that many passes as well as a man advantage for more than half the game and you still can't win by the required amount, then you don't deserve to be in the final and Barca don't.  This nauseating bollocks surrounding a very, very good side is just going too far now. 

People can disparage Inter all they like (and I'm sure they'll continue to do so) but when are people going to realise that defending is as much an artform within the game as attacking play?  The two best players last night for my money were Lucio and Cambiasso. The game needs players like that, I'd personally give my right nut to have two players like that at Pittodrie.

Heard this repeated today by several colleagues of mine going on about the travesty that Barcelona aren't in the final. 

In all honesty, if you have so much of the ball to complete that many passes as well as a man advantage for more than half the game and you still can't win by the required amount, then you don't deserve to be in the final and Barca don't.  This nauseating bollocks surrounding a very, very good side is just going too far now. 

People can disparage Inter all they like (and I'm sure they'll continue to do so) but when are people going to realise that defending is as much an artform within the game as attacking play?  The two best players last night for my money were Lucio and Cambiasso. The game needs players like that, I'd personally give my right nut to have two players like that at Pittodrie.

Lets face it though, no-one could have honestly enjoyed watching that last night. There's good defending and then there's anti-football. It was infuriating watching a team who had no intention of playing, much like Rangers run to the Uefa cup final.

I'll assume that wasn't intended to say I was disparaging inter. I think in the battle of 2 bawbags, 1 of the bawbags beat another 1 of the bawbags.

I just mentioned the passing stat as a follow up to my comment last night that these super duper games are generally absolute shite. If you have such wonderful teams and there's such a disparity in possession then it's pathetic not to be able to convert it. Seemed to me that guardiola got his arse handed to him, which pleases me as he was a drug cheat as a player and seems like a shit manager with no plan B. good players and a shit real team made him look good last season combined with the fact man utd (and epl teams generally) have been shit for a couple years so beating them was nothin special.

All in all...meh.

Lets face it though, no-one could have honestly enjoyed watching that last night. There's good defending and then there's anti-football. It was infuriating watching a team who had no intention of playing, much like Rangers run to the Uefa cup final.

Of course, I wasn't having a go at folk saying it was a boring game, far from it. It's more the people who think they're taking some sort of football purist's moral high ground when they suggest it is a travesty that such a good footballing team have been knocked out of the tournament, showing themselves as misunderstanding the game on so many different levels at the same time.