Todays fitba

I'll assume that wasn't intended to say I was disparaging inter. I think in the battle of 2 bawbags, 1 of the bawbags beat another 1 of the bawbags.

None of that was actually aimed at you, i was using your quote as it contained the stat I wanted to talk about.

good players and a shit real team made him look good last season combined with the fact man utd (and epl teams generally) have been shit for a couple years so beating them was nothin special.

All in all...meh.

Think that's a bit harsh, Barca are a very, very good team and although United were shit in the final last year against them, the previous year United put them out at the semi final stage using similar tactics in the first leg as Mourinho and Inter last night.

As I said, they're a very, very good team, but there's more than one way to play - and win - a game of football.  Seems some people (not talking about anyone here) who watch teh game, and I include the media in that too, don't appreciate that. 

In utterly stereotypical fashion, I'm sure the Italians will have loved that performance last night though.

None of that was actually aimed at you, i was using your quote as it contained the stat I wanted to talk about.

Think that's a bit harsh, Barca are a very, very good team and although United were shit in the final last year against them, the previous year United put them out at the semi final stage using similar tactics in the first leg as Mourinho and Inter last night.

As I said, they're a very, very good team, but there's more than one way to play - and win - a game of football.  Seems some people (not talking about anyone here) who watch teh game, and I include the media in that too, don't appreciate that. 

In utterly stereotypical fashion, I'm sure the Italians will have loved that performance last night though.

I don't know, Utd have been far more shit at points during this season than they were in the CL final last season. Even when the epl was at its best it wasn't as good as the media had us believe. Now it's fairly gash and yet we're still told it's the pinnacle. Chelsea and Utd are good, not great but good. Arsenal are quite shit but were close to winning the league. Below that, absolute wank.

Point is, yes, there are varying ways to win a game, but if it amounts to the kind of shit on view last night then why pay vastly inflated prices to watch it?

edit - i don't know how much that was a counter argument to anything BB says rather than just me spouting my own keech

I don't know, Utd have been far more shit at points during this season than they were in the CL final last season. Even when the epl was at its best it wasn't as good as the media had us believe. Now it's fairly gash and yet we're still told it's the pinnacle. Chelsea and Utd are good, not great but good. Arsenal are quite shit but were close to winning the league. Below that, absolute wank.

Point is, yes, there are varying ways to win a game, but if it amounts to the kind of shit on view last night then why pay vastly inflated prices to watch it?

The short answer is don't.

No matter what level of football you watch you get good games and bad. That's the game and is surely one of the reasons we all love it, it can be such an unpredictable game so much of the time.

Perhaps another reason it seems worse these days is how much it's hyped up by Sky and other media outlets. It's something I never quite understand with people though; that they seem to be annoyed (i'm not saying you are, by the way) that the EPL isn't as good as Sky say it is etc... who lets Sky make their mind up for them?  Take the game as you see it, that's all it comes down to really. 

"Arsenal are quite shit"... relatively shit. Relative to United, Chelsea and Barca, perhaps.  They'd rip most teams in Europe to shreds. If people genuinely think the only good teams in the continent are those three then I'm afraid that's more a sign of Sky and it's propaganda than anything Richard Keys and Andy Gray can ever peddle.

Good on them.  Have to say though European Football is shit these days though!  ;):thumbsup:

Absolutely. Thats what its all about. You can keep your Man Uniteds, Arsenals, Chelseas, Madrids and Barcelonas of this world. Thats what football is about. Well done Fulham, Roy Hodgson, Al Fayed and the Fulham fans!

Absolutely. Thats what its all about. You can keep your Man Uniteds, Arsenals, Chelseas, Madrids and Barcelonas of this world. Thats what football is about. Well done Fulham, Roy Hodgson, Al Fayed and the Fulham fans!

Agreed, apart from Al Fayed.  He can fuck off!

Good on them.  Have to say though European Football is shit these days though!  ;):thumbsup:

That game tonight was brilliant. Two teams who really really wanted it, no fear, no ten men behind the ball, just a good old fashioned game of football. I like Hodgson as well, he's a cracking manager so I'm pretty chuffed for him too. 33u4mc9.gif

That game tonight was brilliant. Two teams who really really wanted it, no fear, no ten men behind the ball, just a good old fashioned game of football. I like Hodgson as well, he's a cracking manager so I'm pretty chuffed for him too. 33u4mc9.gif

It was a good game. Not as good as Inter v Barca first leg though  ;)

Liverpool 2-1 Atl. Madrid in extra time, Forlan with the goal :-)

brilliant aint it?! Benitez must stay - Mascherano at RB, Johnson at LB, and the three subs he's brought on? El Zhar, Pacheco, Degen.

Cannot believe he is being touted for Juve/Real jobs.

brilliant aint it?! Benitez must stay - Mascherano at RB, Johnson at LB, and the three subs he's brought on? El Zhar, Pacheco, Degen.

Cannot believe he is being touted for Juve/Real jobs.

If Jamie Carragher makes up part of the spine of your team you're asking for trouble.  Considering the prick signed about 293 defenders in five years and not one was better than "Carra" it suggests he's not got much of a clue.

Still, he fits in with the victim mentality so the Scousers love him. Still.

Was at craven cottage again last night. Absolute belter of a bounce and atmosphere. I was confident fulham would do it as their home form is pretty formidable. The whole stadium was up on their feet for most of it and singing. Anyone who has been to the cottage will know this is a rare sight ;) i was in the putney end this time which usually the neutral stand and i'm suprised it didn't kick off. Obviously a few hamburg fans in the stand and a good number of fulham fans got lifted for telling the stewards and coppers to do their job and get rid of them. Now have the dilemma of thinking about going to the final. Seems like too good of an opportunity to miss.

Oh and finally.  diego oh oh oh, diego oh oh oh. He comes from paraguay, he made the scourers cry (3 times :D )

Guest ally s

Was at craven cottage again last night. Absolute belter of a bounce and atmosphere. I was confident fulham would do it as their home form is pretty formidable. The whole stadium was up on their feet for most of it and singing. Anyone who has been to the cottage will know this is a rare sight ;) i was in the putney end this time which usually the neutral stand and i'm suprised it didn't kick off. Obviously a few hamburg fans in the stand and a good number of fulham fans got lifted for telling the stewards and coppers to do their job and get rid of them. Now have the dilemma of thinking about going to the final. Seems like too good of an opportunity to miss.

Oh and finally.  diego oh oh oh, diego oh oh oh. He comes from paraguay, he made the scourers cry (3 times :D )

:lolabove:  If you're gonna attempt to rip the piss at least get it right eh?

Edinburgh derby the day's early kick off.

"There's no doubting Michael Stewart's ability but I don't think he'll be at Hearts next season. He hasn't got over playing for Manchester United." BBC Scotland pundit Allan Preston.

:lolabove: