Todays fitba

Just watched the highlights of the Motherwell v Hibs game. Looked a hell of a lot more entertaining than our 6-5 game at Fir Park ten years ago. Some good goals, some shocking goals, horrific backpass by Giles Coke, but stunning goal by Jutkiewicz (why couldn't we have found this player rather than Rutkiewicz?) to grab the draw

To be fair I think that's been his one and only good game so far and they still didn't win!

Guest ally s

Apparently there's a real threat of them going bust as a result!

Not true.  They'll have to make cutbacks but they won't go bust.

Zola sacked

West Ham have announced they have sacked manager Gianfranco Zola after a traumatic season which nearly ended in relegation.

Zola, who took charge in September 2008, led the side to just seven home wins in a campaign disrupted by public criticism from the club's new co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold. They finished fourth from bottom, five points above Burnley.

The announcement was made following a meeting between Zola and the owners to discuss the club's future structure. The future of his assistant Steve Clarke is unclear.

Mark Hughes and Slaven Bilic have been linked with the vacancy.

A club statement said: "West Ham United can confirm that they have terminated the contract of Gianfranco Zola.

"The Board of Directors would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him well for the future. The club will now be focusing its efforts on seeking a replacement."

Not particularly harsh is it? West Ham have had an awful campaign this season.

True, but I wouldn't blame it all on the manager. The club was properly in turmoil for most of the season. They actually played decent football I thought and were quite unlucky at times to be where they were. Its just a shame because he appeared to be quite a genuine guy.

True, but I wouldn't blame it all on the manager. The club was properly in turmoil for most of the season. They actually played decent football I thought and were quite unlucky at times to be where they were. Its just a shame because he appeared to be quite a genuine guy.

Aye, perhaps luck has also played it's part. The clubs finances were and probably still are a mess which is not his fault whatsoever and I don't think he really ever had the full backing of Gold/Sullivan, as can be seen as by putting in a bid for Dorrans. He steered them towards safety by the skin of their teeth but time to go their seperate ways. Yes, I think Zola is a nice and genuine guy who I have no doubt would receive a nice welcome at most grounds.

Guest ally s

Been rumoured for a while now that MacPherson would be gone once the season ended.

No doubt he'll end up in the Championship/League 1