What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

• 1 month later...

Finally watched the end episode of Lost a few weeks back. I had watched the first and second series religiously on channel 4 before they moved to Sky One and as I didn't have it, I lost track of it so got Lovefilm and watched the whole thing again. I really do think the writers just completely lost track of it after about the third series. Got completely oot of hand and a lot of episodes were pretty dire especially most of series six. Shame as series one and two are excellent viewing IMO.

Finally watched the end episode of Lost a few weeks back. I had watched the first and second series religiously on channel 4 before they moved to Sky One and as I didn't have it, I lost track of it so got Lovefilm and watched the whole thing again. I really do think the writers just completely lost track of it after about the third series. Got completely oot of hand and a lot of episodes were pretty dire especially most of series six. Shame as series one and two are excellent viewing IMO.

I have to agree. Lost had the potential to be the greatest TV show ever and indeed it was on track after, as you say, the first 2 or 3 seasons to be just that. But due to its success and the writer's strike the TV network demanded more episodes which inevitable became shite filler. I wasn't hugely impressed by the ending but then again I don't think there's any chance they could have done it well given all the hype. I certainly don't know how I would have ended it any differently. Never before and since has a TV show finale been hyped up so much.

I have to agree. Lost had the potential to be the greatest TV show ever and indeed it was on track after, as you say, the first 2 or 3 seasons to be just that. But due to its success and the writer's strike the TV network demanded more episodes which inevitable became shite filler. I wasn't hugely impressed by the ending but then again I don't think there's any chance they could have done it well given all the hype. I certainly don't know how I would have ended it any differently. Never before and since has a TV show finale been hyped up so much.

It's definitely the only one I've ever got up to watch at 5am anyway.

I loved the first couple of seasons of Lost. Then they started covering brand new ground without explaining shit in the previous episodes, and there were so many subplots within subplots going on, it was bloody difficult to follow. I lost interest, so stopped watching it after season2.

Then in the lead-up to the third-last episode, one of the TV channels over here did an entire show catchup over the space of three hours ... was brilliant! 68 seasons of confusion, all wrapped up in 3 hours. I actually enjoyed the final three episodes, but have to admit that I'm pretty sure the writers wrote the first season ... and then really didn't have a clue what they were doing so just started writing episodes in the hope that the show would go somewhere...

I loved the first couple of seasons of Lost. Then they started covering brand new ground without explaining shit in the previous episodes, and there were so many subplots within subplots going on, it was bloody difficult to follow. I lost interest, so stopped watching it after season2.

Then in the lead-up to the third-last episode, one of the TV channels over here did an entire show catchup over the space of three hours ... was brilliant! 68 seasons of confusion, all wrapped up in 3 hours. I actually enjoyed the final three episodes, but have to admit that I'm pretty sure the writers wrote the first season ... and then really didn't have a clue what they were doing so just started writing episodes in the hope that the show would go somewhere...

Wasn't it shown in NZ months before we got it on Channel 4?

I'm sure I remember you raving about it.

Lost could have been great but it really did lose its way.  It couldn't figure out what it wanted to be and when it all of a sudden introduced time travel and essentially became a sci-fi show it never really committed to it.  The ending was just mince and explained nothing, i don't think they had a clue how they were going to end it from the word go

Fuck yeah!  :thumbsup:

Any cunt know where I could 'acquire' Season 4 (and/or Season 5) of 'Breaking Bad'.

I'm only on Season 3 but not had a problem acquiring any of the first 3 seasons.

TLG - You're not wrong about Lost but again it was down to the fact that it was so successful the TV Network demanded more episodes and then the padding of episodes ensued. I would love to see it how the writers originally planned and not how ABC demanded it.

• 1 month later...

Took three episodes but I have warmed to The Thick of It.  Peter Mannion has been outstanding, very funny.

Still hoping some of the old characters will return before the end of the series - Jamie or Julian would be nice!

Jamie has to come back.

Watched the first episode of season 7 of Dexter last night. Looks like it could be a very interesting season.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't convinced by the enquiry special on The Thick of It.  I think they've tried to cover too much in this series, it worked much better when it was just about DoSAC IMHO.  Disappointed Jamie or Julius haven't made an appearance seeing as this is supposed to be the last ever series.