Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Grim is exactly how I'd describe the whole series tbh be honest. And the 1st episode is just the tip of the iceberg.

Will give it a miss then. Not sure if it was the subject matter, the rednecks, the bleak landscapes or all of it together, but it made me want to weep. It was interesting, and obviously a miscarriage of justice/abuse of powers etc, but it felt as though the first episode was 5 hours long. 

I'm on episode 5 and quite enjoying it. Makes you angry, unsurprised etc. Decent enough format, clearly drawn out as these things seem to have to be, but good building of the characters and with no commentary (any commentary in the form of subtitle and generally just factual) it leaves you to draw your own conclusions, which is great. The people interviewed aren't introduced as good or bad, on the side of right or wrong, you just have to take them as they come and draw your own conclusion as it moves forward - the lawyer for the nephew of Avery a good example. I'd recommend giving it a go.

Anyone watch the Channel 4 programme called The Jihadi next door? Genuinely don't understand why they don't just let them leave the country.

Watched it last night. It suits both parties to remain where they are. How are the government supposed to curtail people's freedoms without dicks like these guys to justify it? The main pretenders in the programme looked like little fuds who'd get their heeds to play with in minutes if they moved to Iraq.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Night manager, excellent viewing so far. Was even surprised to see a bit of boob, BBC getting raunchy!

Obviously watching on iPlayer as it finished on Sunday night.

Won't spoil it by giving away the plot, but doubt you'll be disappointed.

Just finished Sons of Anarchy. Enjoyed it. Just as well because at 7 seasons it was quite an investment of time that I had to make.

Now re-watching the last season of Game of Thrones to refresh my memory for the new season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New version of Top Gear  :hammer:

Cant see it lasting more than one series (perhaps it wont even make to the end of this one)

I don't watch it but my youngest decided to.

Why would I, not being a petrol head but knowing what I like, all 3 of my motors being perfect, for me, a 2010 Micra that's just tripped 60,000 miles being my fav car on the planet.

She said Evans was meh and Le Blanc was trying too hard to be funny.

My hope is that it succeeds just because I detested Clarkson. I would detest him but for the fact he is history and therefore the past participle is more apt. Not that I really give a fuck about a show I'll never watch. It's bound to be shite if a lot of people like it. 95% principle etc.

Watched it the other day, thought it was ok, with some funny bits. Matt Le Blanc was funny enough but Chris Evans was trying too hard.  He clearly knows his cars, hopefully it'll just take him a couple of episodes to get going.  I was thoroughly bored of the old format so hopefully they manage to change it up a bit. My fear is that it will only last 1 series.  I'd love to see the grin wiped off Clarkson's face.

Watched it the other day, thought it was ok, with some funny bits. Matt Le Blanc was funny enough but Chris Evans was trying too hard.  He clearly knows his cars, hopefully it'll just take him a couple of episodes to get going.  I was thoroughly bored of the old format so hopefully they manage to change it up a bit. My fear is that it will only last 1 series.  I'd love to see the grin wiped off Clarkson's face.

I don't like Chris Evans but I thought it was okay.  They are on a hiding to nothing though.

I would also like to see the grin wiped off Clarkson's face as I hold him wholly responsible.

• 4 weeks later...

Beat me to it, I thoroughly enjoyed it last night.  I really want it to be successful and thought the combo of the guests was good too.

Seems Le Blanc is threatening to quit if Evans isnt sacked.

Only caught the end of the rolls royce bit on sunday but Evans really was irritating at the end of Le Blancs review. Jumping about like a petulant child.

Seems Le Blanc is threatening to quit if Evans isnt sacked.

Only caught the end of the rolls royce bit on sunday but Evans really was irritating at the end of Le Blancs review. Jumping about like a petulant child.

Why?