Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Heard a few people speaking about this.... what is it like?  Drop the dead donkey or something similar?

Only got into it fairly recently and now I'm hooked. If only for Capaldi's performance and the sheer weight of wall-to-fucking-wall swearing it's worth a watch.

The latest episode's a cracker too.

Just watched the event: how racist are you? program. What a load of shite. The girl on it was saying how anyone who was white was racist. Fuck off ya bitch.

I watched that too Andrew and would say that the person with the biggest problem was the daft tart who was hosting it.  Although that other blonde boot was a total cunt with a brain the size of a pea, I'd imagine.

Aye, I watched it too. The exercise was obviously designed for and aimed at Americans. I thought it was useful to show how quickly people would jump on a bandwagon :wave: . It also highlighted that although we (the British), in general, are not overtly racist there is certainly something underlying. BUT I would say this is true for most peoples the world over and does not only relate to race. The difficulty is, admitting it. For there to be no discrimination everyone would have to be treated exactly the same and that doesn't happen even from the most open minded of us. 

Agree with BB the wifie hosting it was a pain in the hoop, but I suppose if she's been going round Yankland with her exercise for the last 40 years she would have developed this overtly aggressive behaviour and arrogance to counter the bigotry she must come across on a daily basis.

As for the other Blonde wifie that BB mentioned :rolleyes:

"One of the dark skinned girls I teach fell and skinned her face, was I shocked to see it was pink underneath? Well yes I was, but only because I'd never thought about it."

What colour did you think a Black persons blood and therefore flesh was? Green??

Seemed like it was the wifie in her 60's was the only one that actually "got it"

I thought she was brilliant. I don't know what the people involved were told before the exercise but they certainly were not being open minded about it. Good on her for having the dogged determination for so many years to continue to try and get through to so many people in the face of adversity.

My problem with her Sharpie was that she refused to accept that a white person simply was not racist.  That's a crock of shit, frankly.  I agree that the way it was set up would effect those who have racist tendencies, but if you don't...?  Some people don't need to be told or shown how horrific racism can be ye know?  Her one stance on it was that "you can change your weight, your hair etc but you can't change your skin colour so you don't - and never will know - what it's like".  that is probably right, but banging on about that makes it a pretty futile exercise, does it not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on the peter capaldi theme. i'm not an art buff but i liked a portrait of scotland the other night. just not been watching thick of it at all though because i liked it originally when the paedo was in it but all that bizz put me off and i've never got back into it.

curb your enthusiasm was class last night. 'you splashed on jesus?!'

on the peter capaldi theme. i'm not an art buff but i liked a portrait of scotland the other night. just not been watching thick of it at all though because i liked it originally when the paedo was in it but all that bizz put me off and i've never got back into it.

curb your enthusiasm was class last night. 'you splashed on jesus?!'

Give it another chance, you really won't regret it Maverick.

Watched all of that GS, excellent stuff. I won't even make an attempt to pretend I had the faintest clue wtf the quantum geezers were on about!!

Spent my friday afternoon watching the thick of it on iplayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrYcAPg6vms

:rofl:

Always worth a wee watch of Malcolm Tucker

:clap:

EDIT: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=100000497865465&ref=nf

You should add "him" as a friend on Facebook, its hilarious.  He comments on your status updates, and swears like fuck in his own updates.  Very amusing.