Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Dinna bother with him Dave - it wasn't "pure gallous gles-gay banter, by the way" so he winna get it.

If they're nae shouting "jobby" - weedgies winna like it

In 'weegie' or doric, there was nothing funny about the sketches. Guess the weight of the cowshit? Eh? I never thought I would see a program worse than Burnistoun but Desperate Fishwives has managed it in one fell swoop. Totally awful stuff that seemed like it was written by schoolkids. The radio stuff is brilliant, why haven't they kept up the standard that was set there?

Chewing the fat had some classic sketches, regardless of which scottish demographic it was written for. It also had some utterly terrible stuff but DF has nothing at all, I couldn't even force out a laugh. The main joke seemed to be "isnt speaking in doric hilarious". The answer being no, obviously.

Been watching some of 30for30 on ESPN Classic. Some of them have been great, others not so much.

Anyone caught any?

i've seen a few.  Reggie Miller vs the Knicks was excellent, Without Bias was decent, wasn't overly impressed with the U or Jimmy the Greek,  Can't recall any others, i did see the feature length story about Vlade Divac et al the Yugoslavian split, which was excellent

i've seen a few.  Reggie Miller vs the Knicks was excellent, Without Bias was decent, wasn't overly impressed with the U or Jimmy the Greek,  Can't recall any others, i did see the feature length story about Vlade Divac et al the Yugoslavian split, which was excellent

Straight Outta LA was quality.

Watched it when I got back from the cinema.  Thought Stella might struggle as she seemed to pick all the odd balls but she deserved to win IMHO.  Although she shouldn't have gotten personal on Chris in the boardroom.

I thought that might have been what swung it for her (although I think Sugar had her picked as the winner from the week when she project managed the boys team).

Superb programme and should have been on at prime time rather than hidden late at night. The most horrific thing for me was the exponential rise in civilian deaths and the direct targetting of them. And yet strangely only the defeated end up in the dock in the Hague.

To actually have someone point out that a million Iraqis have died as a result of the invasion was needed. Folk here bubbling about 300 odd british soldiers. that is a totally insignificant amount of people compared to a million. It is no wonder that there are people being radicalised in this country. 

Quite.

10% of deaths were civilian in WW1 but by Iraq 90% were civilian. Horrifying.

But surely we have more sophisticated guided weapons, intelligence and modern warfare techniques these days no? And less of the indiscriminate 'dumb' bombs and air raid type offensives are carried out compared to WWII.

Surely the statistics should be going the other way?