Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

šŸ† Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

• 2 weeks later...

Lambing Live is back on - I think it's an excellent programme, given that I come from a farming background. It's a shame about the bad weather causing interruptions to the programme, and I know exactly how much of a worry that weather will be for the farmer, as you lose a lot of lambs in the cold, driving rain.

I've watched the lot.

Ā 

Season one gets better, season two is a wee bit slow but 3-5 is an absolute rampage.

Ā 

I thought the second season was the best thus far (I've watched up to about half of season 4).

Ā 

Felt that Season 1 started slow but got good at the end, season two was amazing but season three was the worst so far. Good near the end but the first few episodes of season three I just thought dragged on compared to how good season two was.

Missed Shameless last night, gutted. Another one who only really started watching it last series although I did watch most of the first series. Will set them to record and watch them when I get home.

Ā 

Anybody watch Underbelly? Got the boxset but not sure if I can be bothered with it as I've just started watching the Sopranos again from the first series.

Ā 

Thought Underbelly was alright, well the Australian version anyway. Watched an episode of it when it aired here and it inexplicably had a Scottish person doing a voice-over which made the whole thing seem like a crime-watch style programme.

Ā 

The second season of Underbelly is better than the first though, so long as you ignore the absolutely atrocious Scottish accents by the two Aussie actors playing Scots.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched "united" on the beeb. Thought it was a fantastic portrayal of the event. I assume it was dramatised for tv, but thought it was a gripping view. Well done BBC. I also read busby's son thought it was awful.

Ā 

Watched it as well manc, thought Dougray Scott was woeful as Busby.

Other than that it was good i thought, David Tenant was really good. Harry Gregg really was a massive hero though eh?

Watched it as well manc, thought Dougray Scott was woeful as Busby.

Other than that it was good i thought, David Tenant was really good. Harry Gregg really was a massive hero though eh?

Ā 

Easily the worst character, which was probably why his son thought it was shit. Nice cameo from a few of the auf wiedersehn pet guys. I don't really want to use the word, as it was a tragedy, but I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I watched this as well. I thought it was pretty good.

Ā 

Although I thought it was weird that prior to the airing of the program the BBC warned that it contained "images that some viewers may find disturbing". I have no idea what scenes they were referring to. A tiny bit of blood was all that was seen. I don't know how those scenes are distubing anymore!

I watched that, was a bit surprised it didn't have a bit on him coming up against Pele in the 1970 World Cup. Not a bad programme though, he's looking old and maybe if he has Parkinson's.

Ā 

I said the same thing to my misses about that. I was very surprised how old he looked. Good programme though. A couple of my colleagues who are bitter reds, refused to watch either programme as it would expose their inability to be human. I.e. show emotion for a tragic event!

I said the same thing to my misses about that. I was very surprised how old he looked. Good programme though. A couple of my colleagues who are bitter reds, refused to watch either programme as it would expose their inability to be human. I.e. show emotion for a tragic event!

Ā 

A Mrs!? I go on holiday for a year and a half and come back to find you've got a Mrs!

I watched that, was a bit surprised it didn't have a bit on him coming up against Pele in the 1970 World Cup. Not a bad programme though, he's looking old and maybe if he has Parkinson's.

Ā 

Thought the same about the Parkinson's.

Ā 

Never realised how good Charlton actually was, but some of those goals were magnificent.

Thought the same about the Parkinson's.

Ā 

Never realised how good Charlton actually was, but some of those goals were magnificent.

Ā 

Aye, my grandad had it and it's a horrendous thing and it certainly looked as though old Bob had it.

Ā 

My other grandad right enough didnt rate Charlton that highly and often remarked that Best and Law made him the player he was.Ā  But he did love Willie Miller, Theo Snelders, Brian Grant and Hans Gillhaus... so, pretty good judge of player I'd say....Ā  ;)

Ā 

I'm sure his head was shaking a fair bit at the game :(