Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Was delighted when she went. Right annoying fucker. Jim was superb today though :thumbsup:

Managed to avoid finding out who had got knocked out. Watched it this morning and it was high time she left, though I was annoyed Natasha's team won. Really dislike her, she has McGeady face. Someone I know is going for an apprentice interview this afternoon for the next series. Aberdeen fan  :thumbsup:

I'm hooked. The dead peasants was new to me. I think I watched Fahrenheit 911 but can't remember any of the content but this is interesting stuff. Michael Moore, I admire. He uses his fat yank, non-threatening persona very cleverly. He and Paul Craig Roberts and others have the potential to stimulate change. The danger is that the population are already dead in the head but I have faith in the future, I think, or maybe I hope. This is good stuff. I wonder what the ultimate catalyst might be because god knows there is plenty of evidence already, bank deregulation, 9/11 and Enron being the most obvious?

I'm hooked. The dead peasants was new to me. I think I watched Fahrenheit 911 but can't remember any of the content but this is interesting stuff. Michael Moore, I admire. He uses his fat yank, non-threatening persona very cleverly. He and Paul Craig Roberts and others have the potential to stimulate change. The danger is that the population are already dead in the head but I have faith in the future, I think, or maybe I hope. This is good stuff. I wonder what the ultimate catalyst might be because god knows there is plenty of evidence already, bank deregulation, 9/11 and Enron being the most obvious?

Think they must have repeated it several times as I caught it at 2am.

The dead peasants thing didnt really shock me mainly because of the what he brought up in 'Sicko' but the whole private reform school was another matter. The fact they allowed a situation where the company made more money the more children they locked up and longer they kept them locked up. Then took the decision as too how long their sentances were out of the hands of the justice system and put it in the hands of the staff so kids who were supposed to be in for 2months ended up there for a year or more. That sort or thing is straight out of the 18th century particularly the bribed judge(s). Dont recall if these kids were given an apology let along compensation.

It certainly was - I am a health & safety officer at work so I look forward to trying out Tom's chair  ;D

They were on the "Your Fired" show after the final and it seems like the deal they have done is to carry on Tom's nail file business. Sugar steering him clear of the chair. He also said a deal with Susan could be done to include her cosmetics business as part of the same range.

They were on the "Your Fired" show after the final and it seems like the deal they have done is to carry on Tom's nail file business. Sugar steering him clear of the chair. He also said a deal with Susan could be done to include her cosmetics business as part of the same range.

I noticed that too. Must have been quite gutting to be Helen (who was looking mighty fine last night imho) hearing that she would have walked it in the previous format.

I thought the final was rubbish.  Rest of the series was good, but thought the business plans were a waste of time and pretty much rubbish - a poor man's Dragon's Den last night.

Incidentally, did you see who the new dragon is going to be? She actually looks like one  :o

No more James Kahn which I think is a shame, seemed like a good man.

Oh I thought they were still going with the chair and the nail file - surely the nail file has been done to death

I noticed that too. Must have been quite gutting to be Helen (who was looking mighty fine last night imho) hearing that she would have walked it in the previous format.

She looked gorgeous yeh  :thumbsup: I really wanted Helen to win

I thought the final was rubbish.  Rest of the series was good, but thought the business plans were a waste of time and pretty much rubbish - a poor man's Dragon's Den last night.

Aye it was quite disappointing - they really should have had another task - I think my business plan of setting up a company to teach kids to play rounders properly made as much sense  ;D

Incidentally, did you see who the new dragon is going to be? She actually looks like one  :o

No more James Kahn which I think is a shame, seemed like a good man.

Aye, I didn't think they could find anyone more frightening than Deborah Meaden but they succeeded!  :o

• 2 weeks later...