Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Chris Evans has stepped down...

Not a huge surprise really, I'd warmed to the new top gear slightly but his style still grated quite a bit. It's a shame as you could tell he knew his stuff about cars.  Admittedly the fact the Euros have been on over the past couple of weeks couldn't have helped the ratings.

Fingers crossed Matt LeBlanc stays on, he turned out to be much better than i expected.

Not a huge surprise really, I'd warmed to the new top gear slightly but his style still grated quite a bit. It's a shame as you could tell he knew his stuff about cars.  Admittedly the fact the Euros have been on over the past couple of weeks couldn't have helped the ratings.

Fingers crossed Matt LeBlanc stays on, he turned out to be much better than i expected.

True, I was getting used to him.  The relaunch was terribly timed, I've missed so many because of the Euros. I really wanted it to be a success just to noise up Clarkson.

True, I was getting used to him.  The relaunch was terribly timed, I've missed so many because of the Euros. I really wanted it to be a success just to noise up Clarkson.

It really was, shocking from the bbc really.

To be honest, as much as I don't like Clarkson away from top gear he was a big part of why the previous version of top gear was so enjoyable. Really looking forward to seeing if him, may & Hammond can recreate that on the grand tour.

Anyone voting for "Jeremy, Hamster and May" might as well rip his pants down to his ankles and implore everyone to fill him up.

Is it their upbringing? Rhetorical.

Amazing how stupid cunts swallowed how "good" and "decent" "Britishness" was meant to be.

These cunts make me vomit.

::)

Who's voting?

I'll indulge you... It doesn't mean you have to like clarkson as a person to enjoy the program.  I think it's more that the previous version of top gear was perfect for Sunday evenings, mindless entertainment.

Much like some posters on here... If you ignore the entertainment part I mean.  :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Totally recommend (if its not already mentioned) Watching

Stranger Things.

This just might be the new show to be up there with the Walking dead, once everyone watches. Brilliant performances from Winona Ryder. brilliant settings in the 80s :) along with a bloody brilliant flash back to our childhood.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm unhappy with your link provision.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/

Totally recommend (if its not already mentioned) Watching

Stranger Things.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334

This just might be the new show to be up there with the Walking dead, once everyone watches. Brilliant performances from Winona Ryder. brilliant settings in the 80s :) along with a bloody brilliant flash back to our childhood.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Started watching. Quite entertaining, despite the annoying little kids. An easy watch, good for an evening. Will probably get through the ten episodes in a few evenings at this rate!

noticed even Stephen King watched it, and gave it a glowing report as well.

it gets better, 8 episode first season just hope season 2 we get more and a continuation of where it ends as well. Wyonia Ryder is amazing in the show.

I wid Ryder....

A couple of "you just wouldn't have done that" moments of unrealistic behaviour that nearly put me off, but I suppose it's quite difficult not to have those things in a jumpy thriller/horror type program. Half way through, so should have it done by Friday given the paucity of decent programming on the cooncil telly at the moment. 

Finished Stranger Things last night, was quite good. Not sure if I was completely taken by it, but entertaining. It was a bit goonies meets aliens at points, but decent nevertheless.

Been watching Spotless (on Netflix) after the wife goes to bed (what with the drugs, tits and necrophilia), and just finished last night. Very good series. Would highly recommend.

• 2 months later...

Just watched the first season of Mr Robot and (I think?) I was pleasantly surprised! Was a slow burner but after a few episodes I was hooked, and don't understand why! nae tits, nae action, nae jokes... but bloody engrossing.

Usually hear from family n friends the decent tv series to watch but not heard anyone speak about this one. Anyone here seen it? Nae entirely sure how much I enjoyed it or if I didnae? one things for sure, I'm going to start watching the 2nd season tonight.

Enjoyed but it wasn't as good as the others

Thought this was a big test for them.

The stage show might have worked at SECC but it certainly didn't when shown on tv.

They needed to get new series off to a flyer or might have thought it had had it's day.

Personal opinion I thought it was really good and just like the old days of Still Game

Hoping for more of the same in coming weeks.

Still game returns tonight does it not?

Was a bit disappointed with it. Don't think I laughed more than once. The earlier ones were superb and some of the funniest TV comedy I have seen in a very long time.

Watched last weeks Westworld TV series at the weekend and thought it was excellent. Really looking forward to seeing where it goes. Was completely confused to start with, but finally starting to see what it is. Ed Harris is a frightening bastard in it like!!

Watched last weeks Westworld TV series at the weekend and thought it was excellent. Really looking forward to seeing where it goes. Was completely confused to start with, but finally starting to see what it is. Ed Harris is a frightening bastard in it like!!

I like that they've changed it with the human being the bad ass this time.  It looks quality as well, no cheap studio stuff.

Was a bit disappointed with it. Don't think I laughed more than once. The earlier ones were superb and some of the funniest TV comedy I have seen in a very long time.

Agreed, I did laugh more than once mind, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be.

Fingers crossed we all come round to BigAl's way of thinking ;)

Watched Who Took Johnny? doc on Netflix the nicht. Worth a watch like. Pretty horrendous in places, and points to a US version of the Cyril Smith conspiracy type.

Also watched Amanda Knox documentary th'ither night. Twas quite good. I wid.

Aye good documentary that and yes I wid to.  That detective in charge boy was a funny character like, there didn't seem to be much of a thorough investigation.  Must admit reading the papers I was convinced she was guilty along with her Italian boyfriend, now it's pretty obvious they had nothing to do with it and were busy fucking at the time.

Watched the first few episodes of Mr.Robot @Ritchie and I thought it was pretty descent.  I got hooked on narcos 2 and haven't had time to continue it yet but I will do.

Anyone else like Have I Got News For You?  I'd say the only good thing left on BBC.  Friday night, home from work and tipsy after one or two beers and you can't beat a bit of HIGNFY.  Paul Merton got a bit boring for a few series but seems to be back to his best now and Ian Hislop isn't feart of telling it like it is.