Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Aye sorry I probably didn't put the transport links bit very well, pittodrie is easy to get to, not denying that at all but the traffic in general after the game is a nightmare. Any decent size crowd and king street etc is gridlocked for a significant period of time.

Absolutely this.

I think the fact that pre-match traffic flows so well just kills any objection to Kingsford where access will be so much better.

As for whether or not it is in the shire, it isn't, but it's a hair's breadth. One thing for certain is that it absolutely isn't in Aberdeen. To answer Jute's question, there isn't another club in the UK that plays as far from the location from which they claim to be playing for.

Well it absolutely is within Aberdeen, because it's not in the shire.

How about Bolton?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Burnden+Park+Sports+Facility,+Croft+Ln,+Bolton+BL3+2RS/Macron+Stadium,+Burnden+Way,+Horwich,+Bolton+BL6+6JW/@53.5628179,-2.5157445,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ba6450d755877:0xd17adf251cc0cf8e!2m2!1d-2.415487!2d53.569594!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b09aab37003ad:0x4ea3dea69347d31c!2m2!1d-2.5369749!2d53.5813723

That did cross my mind when Rico mentioned it, it is some distance out of town from memory. Though it does have a train station nearby.

Horwich Parkway is 5 minutes walk from Bolton's ground which means no reliance on buses to transport large numbers of fans.

This whole 'new stadium' scenario is fast becoming one that resembles YES/NO referendum campaign of August / Sept 2014.

Both sides accusing each other of lies, mis-reporting.  Then there is the big issue of social media.

Again, just to make a few points.

The 'Transport Assessment', 'Transport Plan' that was submitted by ABERDEEN FC (as part of the stadium plan) is at the moment a failure.  It has been assessed not by anyone on here, not on social media but by professional people at ACC e.g. transport planners i.e. people who do this for a professional living in response to what happens with any planning application - assessment.

The people in 'No Kingsford' (who I believe you lot and Yule call 'NIMBYS') have highlighted traffic problems but even if they had not the council analysis of the transport plans would have highlighted these issues and the nonsensical scenarios anyway.

The transport plans, again, as things currently stand will put a stop to Kingsford Stadium and Training Facilities. 

Although George Yule can try and mitigate the issues it's going to be near on very hard for him to do this in reality.  Stating 'we will run shuttle buses' for fans and put in bus lanes is near best fantasy level mitigation of problems the consulting committee's and transport planners have highlighted.

While some of us are against Aberdeen FC moving from its true home, for whatever reason e.g. sentimental reasons, memory, tradition etc OF COURSE those in this camp do recognise that the clubs needs to move forward.  In that sense new stadium , training facilities are praise worthy.

However, the Kingsford Plans are not 'praiseworthy' and will not pass ACC currently due to the location, chaotic traffic issues and infrastructural issues with respect to the stadium.

May I remind you people have been travelling back and fore to Pittodrie for over 100 years. Most inner city stadiums take time to clear traffic and the likes after games. May I also remind you the people assessing the transport plans submitted by Milne and Yule are not members of this forum.

They are professionals who know about transport, plans, regulations, legislation etc.  As in they know what they are talking about.

So, its all great the club putting snazzy graphical images up and making announcements on its website about 'supporting the manager'. 

There is a big differences between images and reality.  Stadium (looks wonderful) but transport plans are a dogs dinner.

Council's view not mine.

Back to the drawing board AFC - where next??  As for George Yule, opportunity knocks my friend - P45.

;D

This whole 'new stadium' scenario is fast becoming one that resembles YES/NO referendum campaign of August / Sept 2014.

Both sides accusing each other of lies, mis-reporting.  Then there is the big issue of social media.

The 'Transport Assessment', 'Transport Plan' that was submitted by ABERDEEN FC (as part of the stadium plan) is at the moment a failure.  It has been assessed not by anyone on here, not on social media but by professional people at ACC e.g. transport planners i.e. people who do this for a professional living in response to what happens with any planning application - assessment.

The people in 'No Kingsford' (who I believe you lot and Yule call 'NIMBYS') have highlighted traffic problems but even if they had not the council analysis of the transport plans would have highlighted these issues and the nonsensical scenarios anyway.

The transport plans, again, as things currently stand will put a stop to Kingsford Stadium and Training Facilities. 

Although George Yule can try and mitigate the issues it's going to be near on very hard for him to do this in reality.  Stating 'we will run shuttle buses' for fans and put in bus lanes is near best fantasy level mitigation of problems the consulting committee's and transport planners have highlighted.

While some of us are against Aberdeen FC moving from its true home, for whatever reason e.g. sentimental reasons, memory, tradition etc OF COURSE those in this camp do recognise that the clubs needs to move forward.  In that sense new stadium , training facilities are praise worthy.

However, the Kingsford Plans are not 'praiseworthy' and will not pass ACC currently due to the location, chaotic traffic issues and infrastructural issues with respect to the stadium.

May I remind you people have been travelling back and fore to Pittodrie for over 100 years. Most inner city stadiums take time to clear traffic and the likes after games. May I also remind you the people assessing the transport plans submitted by Milne and Yule are not members of this forum.

They are professionals who know about transport, plans, regulations, legislation etc.  As in they know what they are talking about.

So, its all great the club putting snazzy graphical images up and making announcements on its website about 'supporting the manager'. 

There is a big differences between images and reality.  Stadium (looks wonderful) but transport plans are a dogs dinner.

Council's view not mine.

Back to the drawing board AFC - where next??  As for George Yule, opportunity knocks my friend - P45.

;D

I don't think anyone would claim the transport assessment is perfect, it seems people fully appreciate it's been assessed and there's some major negatives to it (but thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious, gold star for you) the fact is though that there is time to improve them and I'm sure the club can and will do that. Whether  it's enough to get the plans to pass remains to be seen I guess, certainly wouldn't say it's dead in the water yet when there's still 3 months before d day.

Saying people have been travelling to/from pittodrie for years and accepting traffic takes time to clear isn't really acceptable, should pittodrie be flattened and rebuilt then the same traffic assessment will be required, if you think you'll get a positive transport assessment for a non existent city centre location when the one for a site positioned beside 2 dual carriageways  is a "failure" then your heads in the clouds. Also, with regards to Kingsford, having driven that road for years in rush hour traffic (which based on the number of commuters isn't a million miles from the numbers going to the stadium) the road copes fine, there's traffic aye but it's hardly hours of gridlock. Adding the AWPR will only help things with regards to people coming from outwith the city centre.

Fair play to the kingsford people, they've done their homework and grasped onto anything and everything raised to the transport assessment. A lot of their arguments are nonsense and the way they've handled the objection process (and how theyve spoken to people to have told them they've no intention of filling in their daft tick box forms) has been terrible. But fair play to them being able to read the TA and repeat its findings.  :wave: I can't remember anyone from the club mentioning NIMBY's either, so that criticism is wide of the mark.

I reckon your last line shows your true colours there, seem to be taking pleasure in finding faults with the planning and Yules role in it, which is puzzling to say the least.

Well done keeping up the condescending tone though, thought you'd struggle maintaining that...  ::)

Council's view not mine.

;D

Ok. Question, if the transport plan get's rectified and approved, would you accept the stadium in it's location?  I'm guessing not. 

My true colours?

Always have been 100% Anti Kingsford and Pittodrie through and through.  Not denying it one bit. I am an Aberdonian and I do not want my club to be leaving my home city for a town and a cheap stadium that is not in Aberdeen.

Aberdeen FC - from Aberdeen not Westhill. 

As for George Yule - he is the man delivering this. He is responsible for it, project managing its delivery.  Its why he is paid a £6 figure salary + a car by the football club.

If it fails (which it is currently) and by god we will fight to make sure it fails, then its hardly realistic he will be around much longer driving a new stadium campaign and at least for the sake of the club he better not be given the next gig as this one was not up to scratch.

As a footnote - you are all aware that ACC have 'offered' Aberdeen FC land for training ground purposes? ACC have offered the club land for a new stadium within the city but that the club have declined it in order to push these plans?

You are aware the club are intentionally running down the stadium operationally (including. the shoddy state of the pitch) so that they can put money into the Kingsford fantasy?

You are aware the floodlight fiasco was a set up and done intentionally to 'make a statement' about the facilities?

You are aware upkeep of Kingsford facilities will cost TWICE as much as that spent on Pittodrie currently?

My true colours?

Always have been 100% Anti Kingsford and Pittodrie through and through.  Not denying it one bit. I am an Aberdonian and I do not want my club to be leaving my home city for a town and a cheap stadium that is not in Aberdeen.

As for George Yule - he is the man delivering this. He is responsible for it, project managing its delivery.  Its why he is paid a £6 figure salary + a car by the football club.

If it fails (which it is currently) and by god we will fight to make sure it fails, then its hardly realistic he will be around much longer driving a new stadium campaign and at least for the sake of the club he better not be given the next gig as this one was not up to scratch.

As a footnote - you are all aware that ACC have 'offered' Aberdeen FC land for training ground purposes? ACC have offered the club land for a new stadium within the city but that the club have declined it in order to push these plans?

You are aware the club are intentionally running down the stadium operationally (including. the shoddy state of the pitch) so that they can put money into the Kingsford fantasy?

You are aware the floodlight fiasco was a set up and done intentionally to 'make a statement' about the facilities?

You are aware upkeep of Kingsford facilities will cost TWICE as much as that spent on Pittodrie currently?

I presume you've got proof the council have "offered" land within the city? Sure you'll be able to provide that fairly easily if that's the case. Unless it's nonsense or rumour that is...  ::)

Same goes with the cost of upkeep...

There's also a difference in running something down and spending the bare minimum to keep it running. Doing anything but the minimum would be madness when it wouldn't change the fact the stadium needs replacing in the near future. Guess it depends whether you see it like that or if you decide it's all a conspiracy to move of course.

*edit* just read your point about the floodlights. That tells me all I need to know  :rofl: if you genuinely believe that was intentional you need help.

I'm not in favour of moving away from Pittodrie, but to have a go at George Yule is ridiculous.

The new stadium agenda has been on the go from way before he joined the club.

I would also suggest that the recent return to the upper echelons of the league have more than a little to do with his arrival at Pittodrie.

As for George Yule, opportunity knocks my friend - P45.

;D

You know, I was reading your comment, giving you the benefit of the doubt re: being a Dons fan, and then you sign off with this pish.

George Yule has transformed how the Dons have operated since coming on board, without doubt our modern day Chris Anderson. You're no Dons fan, you're one of the NIMBYs - 100%

My true colours?

This is what's wrong with the No campaign. It's no secret that I am not in favour of a new stadium at Kingford. I don't like the location and I'd prefer a location closer to the city centre. Spaces there are at a premium and the club missed a trick when the land around Pittodrie became available. That's in the past now and it may not be possible to suitably update Pittodrie. What I would have liked is a firm, fair and reasoned No campaign which offers solutions and not just problems.

You and the other voices of the No campaign have let me down. Your campaign has been an embarrassment from day one and your posts here have been a disgrace and that was after I gave you the benefit of the doubt for the strange Jew comparison. You come across as bitter and small minded and I think I'd take almost as much pleasure in seeing your face as the first stones are layed at Kingsford than you do in anticipation of George Yule losing his job.

It's my firm belief that this project will go ahead and the shambolic No campaign has to take much of the blame.

I would suspect AFC's transport plan has been left deliberately vague because the plan is to force the council and Firstbus to get together to sort out any traffic issues at the tax-payer's expense.

I'm sure the club have no intention whatsoever of footing the bill to build (for example, a dedicated bus lane between Kingswells P&R and the stadium) or subsidising the provision of buses from Firstbus.

Not aware at all no, do enlighten us please?

I guess this:

Goodbye guys.

See you at Pittodrie in 15 years time.

8)

Means any "offer" of land within the city was limited only to inside his own head.

I would suspect AFC's transport plan has been left deliberately vague because the plan is to force the council and Firstbus to get together to sort out any traffic issues at the tax-payer's expense.

I'm sure the club have no intention whatsoever of footing the bill to build (for example, a dedicated bus lane between Kingswells P&R and the stadium) or subsidising the provision of buses from Firstbus.

You could well be right, however I'm sure Yule has mentioned at the exhibitions etc that a portion of ticket revenue will be going towards transport costs, cant remember when it was said though.

Goodbye guys.

8)

:wave:

You had a point about the Transport assessment (even though any prospect for improvement was ignored) but the later posts were nonsense and this last one just shows how much bollocks you're talking with regards to alternative sites etc. Enjoy wondering around a housing development in 15 years time  ;)

Goodbye guys.

8)

Disappointing. You didn't really do the naysayers any good and just make yourself look petty and foolish. I was genuinely intrigued to see where you'd come up with.  The ACC has generally been pretty negative towards having a stadium within it's limits, or so I was lead to believe.  If there were viable land options available, I'd have thought we and club would have looked at them.

Disappointing. You didn't really do the naysayers any good and just make yourself look petty and foolish. I was genuinely intrigued to see where you'd come up with.  The ACC has generally been pretty negative towards having a stadium within it's limits, or so I was lead to believe.  If there were viable land options available, I'd have thought we and club would have looked at them.

Aye, you'd think it'd be in the clubs best interests, whuchcbus why I'm sure they've looked at the options, it'd be insanity not to.

The petulant and bratty attitude on show here leads me to firmly believe that this is exactly the same idiot who runs the No Kingsford facebook page. That places makes North Korea seem tolerant. Anyone who wasn't foaming at the mouth about how the proposal wasn't in keeping with the surrounding area was banned and their comments deleted. Again they've been their own worst enemy from the outset.

Fools.