Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Rotate the pitch 90 degrees and budge it up a bit.

Build a complete new stadium over one close season.

There, job done.

The Donsdaft Stadium (although I'll still call it Pittodrie)

Done a rough layout for that one too. End up with a Braga Style Stadium. No idea of the capacity,  or the logistics of being able to extend the RDS though.

May I take the opportunity to remind and engage Oxfordshire Man with the news that Hibs have redeveloped the whole ground - not just the East Stand.

The main stand was redeveloped 2003 or so. Easter Rd is totally different to how it looked in 1995.

All of the stands are hemmed in by tenements, Albion Rd, Albion Place.  In fact it is more hemmed in than Pittodrie.

The pavements are smaller (shorter). 

Funnily enough there are flats that look exactly like the flats outside Pittodrie (new flats where the gasworks were) outside Easter Road - never stopped them knocking up that new stand.

Many of them were against the old east stand/terrace being demolished - they liked it.

As regards RDS being 'constricted' - constricted by what fresh air??  There is nothing in front of the RDS just as there was nothing in front of Beach End.

May I take the opportunity to remind and engage Kingsford man with the news that the Easter Road Redevelopment has already been covered in this thread.

As for the flats behind the newest stand?

Planning Permission for the New Hibs East Stand was granted in February 2005.

The Planning Application for those new flats wasn't submitted until 2010 and the developers kept adjusting it to the extent the application is still not fully determined. The Developers knew the new stand was coming and had to design accordingly.

With regards to there being nothing in front (or behind depending on your view) of the RDS can I ask why you appear to be ignoring the massive concourse which was required as part of the 1992/93 redevelopment so the 6200 fans inside plus a potential over-spill from the South Stand can be safely contained without blocking Golf Road or Pittodrie Street?

Done a rough layout for that one too. End up with a Braga Style Stadium. No idea of the capacity,  or the logistics of being able to extend the RDS though.

May I take the opportunity to remind and engage Kingsford man with the news that the Easter Road Redevelopment has already been covered in this thread.

As for the flats behind the newest stand?

Planning Permission for the New Hibs East Stand was granted in February 2005.

The Planning Application for those new flats wasn't submitted until 2010 and the developers kept adjusting it to the extent the application is still not fully determined. The Developers knew the new stand was coming and had to design accordingly.

With regards to there being nothing in front (or behind depending on your view) of the RDS can I ask why you appear to be ignoring the massive concourse which was required as part of the 1992/93 redevelopment so the 6200 fans inside plus a potential over-spill from the South Stand can be safely contained without blocking Golf Road or Pittodrie Street?

Fair play to you for continuing to entertain 100%AK even though he/she is clearly trolling.

Would be interesting to see if Aberdeen could still get planning permission for Loirston if the houses are built before the stadium. That would still appear their only option if they can't build at Kingsford.

That would still appear their only option if they can't build at Kingsford.

Assuming the council would play ball, and AFC would be willing to increase their budget for land purchase, the current AECC site would be ideal. Shouldn't be much issue with the roads, especially when traffic can head north towards the AWPR. Plenty of public transport already in place (including a Park and Ride service on site). There's a couple of hotels right next door, we could even take over the existing office building and viewing tower if the council wanted their upkeep off their hands, plenty of room in there for hospitality facilities, museum, corporate offices, etc.

There's not many residents nearby to complain, and the site is already used for large-scale events so it would be hard to take any noise complaints seriously. If the stadium could be build within the footprint of the existing exhibition halls, there would be masses of parking spaces surrounding the stadium, one would assume we could use them if they're already there. And renting out the car park for Elton John concerts or Monster Truck shows could generate some revenue without destroying the pitch.

There may even be a possibility for a formal arrangement with the Gordon Barracks to build training facilities considering we've been using their land for training for years. I see 2 full size pitches there on Google Earth. You could convert the exhibition hall that's next to the hotel into indoor training facilities. Not as fancy as the facilities at Kingsford, but should be much lower cost considering the bulk of the facilities are already in place.

Seriously? Public consultation event at 4 Mile, where Dons reps were barracked and verbally assaulted. Two, yes TWO  Public consultations at the Westhill Inn, and finally an exhibition at Pittodrie, which WECC were specifically invited to, and which everyone was made aware of at their big NO meeting in November (where supporters of the plan were also loudly barracked).

There was more than enough public consultation, one thing which the club cannot with any seriousness be charged with.

It was a few printouts with no information whatsoever.

Club officials sitting around staring at their phone leaving fans to take the flak.

It was deliberate, to hide the reality from fans and locals.

Milne is absolutely hellbent on delivering his own vision of an out of town stadium and training ground which he sees as his legacy, after which he will sell up and go. Leaving us, the fans expected to attend games, to live with a cheap soulless ground nae even in Aberdeen with farcically limited options to get there and when and how to experience gan to the football.

Assuming the council would play ball, and AFC would be willing to increase their budget for land purchase, the current AECC site would be ideal. Shouldn't be much issue with the roads, especially when traffic can head north towards the AWPR. Plenty of public transport already in place (including a Park and Ride service on site). There's a couple of hotels right next door, we could even take over the existing office building and viewing tower if the council wanted their upkeep off their hands, plenty of room in there for hospitality facilities, museum, corporate offices, etc.

There's not many residents nearby to complain, and the site is already used for large-scale events so it would be hard to take any noise complaints seriously. If the stadium could be build within the footprint of the existing exhibition halls, there would be masses of parking spaces surrounding the stadium, one would assume we could use them if they're already there. And renting out the car park for Elton John concerts or Monster Truck shows could generate some revenue without destroying the pitch.

There may even be a possibility for a formal arrangement with the Gordon Barracks to build training facilities considering we've been using their land for training for years. I see 2 full size pitches there on Google Earth. You could convert the exhibition hall that's next to the hotel into indoor training facilities. Not as fancy as the facilities at Kingsford, but should be much lower cost considering the bulk of the facilities are already in place.

Are they still shifting the AECC to a new site?  Last i heard the cooncil had their own plans for redeveloping the current AECC site (although i'm nae very up to speed on it tbh):

click this link and put "150824" in the reference search box while muttering "fecking Idox" under your breath

It was a few printouts with no information whatsoever.

Club officials sitting around staring at their phone leaving fans to take the flak.

Absolute garbage.  Club officials took numerous questions and hung around the various plans and drawings on display to answer questions.

You sound like the utter galloot who was at the first westhill public consultation, who stood there berating the Dons rep (one of the guys who often mans the main door on match day whoever he is), and who pontificated "its a disgrace, it's being built in Westhill (erm no) and we're not even being consulted"....to which he got the obvious reply.."we're here now, we're giving you a chance to see and complain now,  but the stadiums not even in Westhill, or Aberdeenshire, we don't have to be here"

I could have given him a reacharound right there. Fat galloot was left stammering.

Absolute garbage.  Club officials took numerous questions and hung around the various plans and drawings on display to answer questions.

You sound like the utter galloot who was at the first westhill public consultation, who stood there berating the Dons rep (one of the guys who often mans the main door on match day whoever he is), and who pontificated "its a disgrace, it's being built in Westhill (erm no) and we're not even being consulted"....to which he got the obvious reply.."we're here now, we're giving you a chance to see and complain now,  but the stadiums not even in Westhill, or Aberdeenshire, we don't have to be here"

I could have given him a reacharound right there. Fat galloot was left stammering.

They knew absolutely nothing, said there 'would be shuttle buses and parking' and obviously they couldn't have all the information until the assessments etc.....8 months and every authority objecting later...

A pitiful attempt #3 at this idea and Milne should step down as soon as it's rejected.

Its now come to be me 'trolling' - really?

You wouldn't happen to 'support' Kingsford would you?

No, I'm against it for three reasons. It's too far away from the city for one. I would forget that if the public transport was better or number of parking spaces higher, but neither of them are so that's reasons two and three.

I preferred Loirston for what it's worth, but I don't really blame the club for ditching that idea, I blame the council for mucking them about over the training facilities.

However, your posts are blatant trolling. People are giving you the courtesy of adult replies, the least you can do is respond in kind.

My experience of AECC is always that traffic is a nightmare, and that is when the attendance is around 4,000. A crowd of five times that would be horrendous.

Granted, there would be more parking spaces than Kingsford but by road it wouldn't be better, even with the bypass.

Loirston has, or will have, three exits leading onto motorways (A90 south, A90 towards river dee, bypass) as well as Wellington Road and the possibility of a train station. Parking not great and that would remain a big issue, but it's the best option in the city currently.

Fair play to you for continuing to entertain 100%AK even though he/she is clearly trolling.

Would be interesting to see if Aberdeen could still get planning permission for Loirston if the houses are built before the stadium. That would still appear their only option if they can't build at Kingsford.

Original Planning Permission expired on January 2016 and to date no application to have it renewed has been submitted.

The proposed new houses/ flats are to be directly opposite the Loch although the Developer/ Applicant does also own the strip of Land directly opposite what would have been one of the stadium access points.

Either way they are well clear of the where the stadium was meant to go and have a dual carriageway as a dividing line.

In terms of renewing Planning Permission it can be done but it can be a slog depending on the Council's Attitude

I recently worked on renewing an expired application for Twenty 1-Bedroom Flats and the Local Planning Team seemed hell bent on refusing it even though there is supposedly a shortage of such properties in the area.

We jumped through lots of hoops, updated the design, and resolved every issue they raised but it wasn't until the Head of the Council got involved that the permission was renewed.

Renewing permission for a large sports stadium though.... :-\

Not 'trolling'.

You are posting cliche.

In hindsight, thanks for that.

I will add 'Troll' to the list of things I have been called during this new stadium catastrophe:

'Scum'

'Hun'

'Fenian'

'Jimmy Saville Fan'

'Wifie fae Westhill'

'Charlie from No Kingsford'

'Not a Dons fan'

'Liar'

The list is still growing but thanks for adding to it.

Cheers now.

In hindsight, thanks for that.

I will add 'Troll' to the list of things I have been called during this new stadium catastrophe:

'Scum'

'Hun'

'Fenian'

'Jimmy Saville Fan'

'Wifie fae Westhill'

'Charlie from No Kingsford'

'Not a Dons fan'

'Liar'

The list is still growing but thanks for adding to it.

Cheers now.

Yawn. Try making an actual point.

Original Planning Permission expired on January 2016 and to date no application to have it renewed has been submitted.

The proposed new houses/ flats are to be directly opposite the Loch although the Developer/ Applicant does also own the strip of Land directly opposite what would have been one of the stadium access points.

Either way they are well clear of the where the stadium was meant to go and have a dual carriageway as a dividing line.

In terms of renewing Planning Permission it can be done but it can be a slog depending on the Council's Attitude

I recently worked on renewing an expired application for Twenty 1-Bedroom Flats and the Local Planning Team seemed hell bent on refusing it even though there is supposedly a shortage of such properties in the area.

We jumped through lots of hoops, updated the design, and resolved every issue they raised but it wasn't until the Head of the Council got involved that the permission was renewed.

Renewing permission for a large sports stadium though.... :-\

It's still in the updated local development plan (as of January 2017) as being earmarked for the stadium, which suggests the council would be open to it there.

Its now come to be me 'trolling' - really?

You wouldn't happen to 'support' Kingsford would you?

Number of questions asking for explanation/clarification of earlier posts you've given a reply to = 0

Number of posts on this forum = 46

Number of posts not on this thread = 0

Yup, trolling is pretty close to what you're doing here.

It's still in the updated local development plan (as of January 2017) as being earmarked for the stadium, which suggests the council would be open to it there.

It may suggest that but as I said it all depends on the attitude of the Council. Given the antics that went down after the last Aberdeen Council election nothing is guaranteed.

Birds are the least of the worries of George Yule.  EE are very good at trivialising this issue

NONE of the Transport issues have been arrested.

NONE of the access problems have gone away.

Transport Scotland have still to submit a key report which will highlight some pivotal information.

The best that will happen on June 20th is it gets mothballed for a while due to council abstaining and looking for more research.  And its over to the club if they move forward with it.  There is a chance they could embark on another plan for another site by August.