Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Ooooh, how powerful.

So much authority the best you can do is fish around in sad virtual online worlds, undermining peoples data integrity and privacy mildly threatening to 'ban them' unless they post material and topics that appeals to inner clique.

For your information 'Tyrant' I have better things to do with my time than contribute daily to your pathetic online  forum.

Although I may well come back on June 20th when ACC reject Kingsford.  Just to rub your faces in the abject failure of it all.

And yet the evidence suggests otherwise.  I suspect I'm pissing in the wind pointing out evidence to you given the content of your posts though it never hurts to try.

No it isn't.  Kingsford is below the level of all of Westhill, you'll see it from up on the golf course, Hillside/Hilltop, but compared to Tesco, or the Arnhall business park, nowhere near as visually intrusive.

Kingsford is a great location to get to as opposed to a stadium in Linksfield that is a traffic nightmare. You're just coming out with nostalgic arguments rather than logical ones.

Sure fits in

2hda7hs.png

Here's some logic

Between 11-2:30 on a Saturday there are 40 bus routes with 480 bus services arriving within walking distance of Pittodrie. This for 2200 people.

Between 11-3 the transport assessment with public and special buses includes 3 bus routes along the A944, B9119 and Dyce P&R with 65 bus services. This for at least 6000 people.

*In before imaginary buses will appear to serve 4 fans whenever they want to get on a bus

2800 walking down to 344.

I make that 415 less options, 37 less routes and 2456 now having to travel. Great location. The club will thrive with the greater ease of getting there in a Dons heartland.

And what effect will the AWPR have on a stadium in the city.

Sure fits in

2hda7hs.png

Here's some logic

Between 11-2:30 on a Saturday there are 40 bus routes with 480 bus services arriving within walking distance of Pittodrie. This for 2200 people.

Between 11-3 the transport assessment with public and special buses includes 3 bus routes along the A944, B9119 and Dyce P&R with 65 bus services. This for at least 6000 people.

*In before imaginary buses will appear to serve 4 fans whenever they want to get on a bus

I make that 415 less options, 37 less routes and 2456 now having to travel. Great location. The club will thrive with the greater ease of getting there in a Dons heartland.

Yes, but George Yule is going to 'bus everyone out' from the city.  Easy. Aberdeen v Rangers maybe 19,000 people shuttle bus them out to Westhill - just shuttle bus everyone out.

These people opposing the new stadium.  They have heads in the sand.

Ooooh, how powerful.

So much authority the best you can do is fish around in sad virtual online worlds, undermining peoples data integrity and privacy mildly threatening to 'ban them' unless they post material and topics that appeals to inner clique.

For your information 'Tyrant' I have better things to do with my time than contribute daily to your pathetic online  forum.

Although I may well come back on June 20th when ACC reject Kingsford.  Just to rub your faces in the abject failure of it all.

I haven't banned anyone in years. And I don't think anyone's ever been banned permanently (by me at least) unless they were some sort of bot or an obviously hun/tim/jambo troll. I see freedom of speech as a basic right whether it be addressing millions of people in person or on a "pathetic online forum" and as such I can't even remember the last time I edited or censored a post in any way. So whilst you're unlikely to be banned by me I can't speak for the other admins of this pathetic online forum who may take differing viewpoints from me. My invitation was just that; an invitation. Not a threat. Although never say never. How would you fill the void if you were no longer able to post bollocks on this pathetic online forum?

Please answer this one question... why are you and the rest of the NKS mob so fucking terrified if you're so fucking convinced that this plan will fail? You remind me of the no voters of the last few weeks. Fucking shitting themselves despite being so "confident" that Scotland can't be and won't be independent. You and your group are a shambles.

Yes, but George Yule is going to 'bus everyone out' from the city.  Easy. Aberdeen v Rangers maybe 19,000 people shuttle bus them out to Westhill - just shuttle bus everyone out.

These people opposing the new stadium.  They have heads in the sand.

At least half the support doesn't come from the city. And call me old fashioned, but have you heard of cars?

Sure fits in

2hda7hs.png

Yes well done, that's the perspective from the opposite side up on the hill, the view that Pinecrest Farm will have in fact, I think you'll find they'll be delighted  :thumbsup:

Here's some logic

here's some logic - TAKE. YOUR. CAR!

None, but massive for Kingsford 500yds from the off/on ramps.

That's not really that logical for people who've walked to Pittodrie for so long though is it?

Indeed, your argument would stand a lot better if you didn't say earlier in the thread that you currently don't have a season ticket because of the existing location. Logic, by your definition, will mean that those people who currently live in and walk from the city centre, would no longer attend regularly.

That's not really that logical for people who've walked to Pittodrie for so long though is it?

Well they don't take the bus either tho do they? Which is Jess' point, buses.

Indeed, your argument would stand a lot better if you didn't say earlier in the thread that you currently don't have a season ticket because of the existing location. Logic, by your definition, will mean that those people who currently live in and walk from the city centre, would no longer attend regularly.

My point stands, some will go more because it will now be much easier, indeed most fans will find it easier, some will go less cos they will find it harder, but that's a much smaller number. And many will have much the same trip, just east>west, rather than west>east. 

My point stands, some will go more because it will now be much easier, indeed most fans will find it easier, some will go less cos they will find it harder, but that's a much smaller number. And many will have much the same trip, just east>west, rather than west>east.

You can't back that up with anything resembling evidence.

"Most fans will find it easier". Even if that was the case, which I suspect it isn't, that isn't a relevant statistic. You'd need to find the evidence of numbers of current supporters who don't go because of the existing location (like you). Not the number who go anyway, but whose journey might be improved by the move. It's not an easy figure to come up with. Just as it is not easy to predict the effect on future attendances of a downturn in performance after the initial excitement of the shiny new thing wears off (for which we have plenty of evidence of at Pittodrie).

You can't back that up with anything resembling evidence.

"Most fans will find it easier". Even if that was the case, which I suspect it isn't, that isn't a relevant statistic. You'd need to find the evidence of numbers of current supporters who don't go because of the existing location (like you). Not the number who go anyway, but whose journey might be improved by the move. It's not an easy figure to come up with. Just as it is not easy to predict the effect on future attendances of a downturn in performance after the initial excitement of the shiny new thing wears off (for which we have plenty of evidence of at Pittodrie).

We've done this before, but every single non-city fan will have an easier trip than now. There's half the current fan base right there.

Then many city based fans will now be able to drive instead of taking a bus (due to traffic/parking hassle at Pittodrie).

You can basically draw a north to south line through the middle of the city, those on the west will be better with a move, those on the east not. 

Do I think attendances will rise with a move to a modern stadium? Well while we're known for being obtuse and perverse, we'd be the first new build stadium that wouldn't see a supporter surge, so yes I do.

We've done this before, but every single non-city fan will have an easier trip than now. There's half the current fan base right there.

Jesus. I just said that, that was an irrelevant statistic. I was asking the number of fans that don't go now due to travel issues that would now appear, not how many would get an easier journey. The two are hugely different.

Then many city based fans will now be able to drive instead of taking a bus (due to traffic/parking hassle at Pittodrie).

You can basically draw a north to south line through the middle of the city, those on the west will be better with a move, those on the east not.

No you can't. It'll be entirely about preference and options. Those on the West can currently drive or get a bus. In future they'll just be able to drive. I'm being slightly facetious, but essentially you can dress it up either way, and you've just chosen the argument that suits. The only evidence that we can currently rely on is that many fans turn up from that area of the city currently. Whether more will turn up upon moving is speculation on your part.

Do I think attendances will rise with a move to a modern stadium? Well while we're known for being obtuse and perverse, we'd be the first new build stadium that wouldn't see a supporter surge, so yes I do.

That wasn't a question I asked, but top straw-man nevertheless. I haven't once stated that support would decrease open moving stadium, because I don't believe it will. It will definitely show a marked improvement from day one. The only point I made, which you've ignored, is that if in 5-10 years prior to the move we have a downturn in performance - as happens regularly with a club of our standing; we will simply never afford to buy guaranteed success in the same way as the tims - would our attendances hold up, or tank. You don't have an answer to that question, for which we have years of evidence of the performance's effect on crowds (Patterson, Mcghee years etc).

Has anyone else seen the irony in someone from 'Garlogie' banging on constantly about Kingsford being 'more accessible'.

Yeah, suppose if you live in Old Aberdeen, Pittodrie is more accessible as well.

Not seeing the irony here? Care to explain?

The accessibility, as you're fully aware, is due to the AWPR and A944, whereas Pittodrie is hemmed in at the beach.

Yes well done, that's the perspective from the opposite side up on the hill, the view that Pinecrest Farm will have in fact, I think you'll find they'll be delighted  :thumbsup:

None, but massive for Kingsford 500yds from the off/on ramps.

Take your car

Even if you're drinking

Or don't own one

Or there are 5000 less spaces than required for that

I think I've thoroughly demonstrated why this is a load of shite.

Take your car

Even if you're drinking

Or don't own one

Yes Jess. Its also further 'ironic' that those who preach facts ignore them when it clearly disapproves their own argument.

Everyone knows the transport, road plans are a pigs breakfast.  A catastrophe.

People like Garlogie Granite don't want to notice that, or the facts or anything really.

Deluded.

Take your car

Even if you're drinking

Didn't say that, but drinkers are in the minority, and you don't *have* to drink. When I stayed in the city, I drank, now I'm outside again I don't. Hard to believe, but it's not compulsory.

Or don't own one
Which isn't many people, and they can get on the ample buses provided

There's a ton of parking, both at the stadium, Arnhall, and other areas that will undoubtedly open up.

nope

You started in a good position Garlogie min but you're in danger of losing this one.

Fitba's nae just for clean living, non drinking,4x4 driving families who are happy with absolute crap pre match entertainment and delighted to purchase £120 worth of hot dogs and coke every visit.

Whoo hoo come on the .....which colour are Aberdeen playing in again?