Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Biometrics, be that a fingerprint a palm print or an iris scan, does mean that the swipe card/season ticket isn't transferable.

I've nothing to hide, my fingerprints are readily available from several different countries where I go through e-gates with ease rather than standing in lines of people at immigration.

I know I'm not going to do anything where leaving my fingerprints is going to pose an issue and to be honest, if I did something stupid like kill a hooker in a drink and drug fueled orgy then I probably deserve to get caught.

Stuff like that really should speed up admission into stadiums, ease the queues at kiosks etc.

I remember a chain of places in Amsterdam, can't remember the name but they basically had a vending machine style shop front, freshly cooked stuff going in and then punters just popping their cash into the slot and taking their food. Much better than some spotty twat who can only remember one pie at a time.

Take the physical handing over of cash out of the equation and things move so much quicker.

Couple of places do that, Febo and smullers  :thumbsup:

The " I've nothing to hide" argument doesn't do anything for me.

It's dangerous, very dangerous to give the authorities that much information.

Why I did it yesterday I don't know, perhaps I'm just getting old and the fight is going out of me.

Perhaps I was just taken by surprise.

I know I would be moaning like fuck if the Dons tried it.

No sense and certainly no consistency, you can use it against me in a future argument.

AFC already have a membership scheme with your d.o.b, address, email, age, where you sit, passport ID for euro games.  Can't say it's any problem - every time you make a transaction on a visa debit whether in Asda or Wetherspoons it's tracked or traceable.  AFC was advertising from some SQL, big data manager person this week.

Oh, and another one of the myths was exploded this week if you look and read around.  The club revealed Pittodrie CAN be rebuilt but only to 12,000 capacity. 

Rather makes - we've nae Plan B thing - sound contradictory.

The " I've nothing to hide" argument doesn't do anything for me.

It's dangerous, very dangerous to give the authorities that much information.

Why I did it yesterday I don't know, perhaps I'm just getting old and the fight is going out of me.

Perhaps I was just taken by surprise.

I know I would be moaning like fuck if the Dons tried it.

Totally agree...not a fan at all...you have no idea what they will use that information for.  DOBs, address etc is one thing but my fingerprints are mine and mine only - it's a slippery slope and I for one want nothing to do with that.  Bill Burr talks about it on his podcast a lot...check him out..he's hilarious!

No sense and certainly no consistency, you can use it against me in a future argument.

Just  because it's commonplace doesn't make it okay.

As I said, it's a losing battle, life's going to be so much easier for the next nutcase dictator.

Cash is the answer, they don't like cash, trying ( successfully ) to phase it out.

" Oh, it's so old fashioned "

The fact that people voluntarily sign up for loyalty cards at fuckin supermarkets amazes me.

We already live in a country where your emails can be hacked, profiling goes on and GCHQ have and know god knows what about you.

Facebook membership entails god knows what.

Best AFC know about you is what kind pie you like and far you stay. They've got a knowledge sharing thing with police Scotland but then so might your local tesco if they suspect you of knicking tins of tennents.

Scottish fitba needs as many people in gate as it can get. Excluding fans, labelling them under some sort of political leaning via data profiling, eyeball tracking is dangerous game if it ever comes to that.

It's all around you, CCTV cameras can track your movements, one of the shopping centres in the city,  can't remember which one, tracks your movements through your mobile phone and can tell what shops you go into, if one does it, I'm sure the others do it a well. The only way to stay off the "Big Brother" radar is to go completely dark and off grid. Be as well start digging a big hole for your own fallout shelter while you're at it.

As technology improves, perhaps advances is a better term, then the ability to check, double check and track to the minute detail does as well.

Edited to add link. Bon Accord and St Nicholas are the 2 in Aberdeen that are mentioned in a different 2012 article, but it links to a Daily Main financial site, so I'll leave that one

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jan/04/shopping-centre-tracking-system-condemned

Oh, and another one of the myths was exploded this week if you look and read around.  The club revealed Pittodrie CAN be rebuilt but only to 12,000 capacity. 

Rather makes - we've nae Plan B thing - sound contradictory.

You've an awful lot to say on this subject, but seem years behind on details. This isn't a "myth" or something new, it's exactly why they are not planning on a Pittodrie revamp, it'd be too small, and they've said so from the outset.  :dunno::-\

You've an awful lot to say on this subject, but seem years behind on details. This isn't a "myth" or something new, it's exactly why they are not planning on a Pittodrie revamp, it'd be too small, and they've said so from the outset.  :dunno::-\

I think this is what annoys me most about this debate. They've never said it couldn't, it just can't to the levels we require. Going for a smaller stadium when we're trying to boost our profile and viability is suicide. Especially when you take into account the areas of the ground that would need to be closed for those periods. Lunacy. Absolute lunacy.  Maybe 15 years ago when we were utter horseshoe it would have made sense, but not a chance today. It's not just about seats either, it's about facilities and accommodation for the club. Things which Pittodrie doesn't have space for alongside an 18-20k stadium.

I think this is what annoys me most about this debate. They've never said it couldn't, it just can't to the levels we require. Going for a smaller stadium when we're trying to boost our profile and viability is suicide. Especially when you take into account the areas of the ground that would need to be closed for those periods. Lunacy. Absolute lunacy.  Maybe 15 years ago when we were utter horseshoe it would have made sense, but not a chance today. It's not just about seats either, it's about facilities and accommodation for the club. Things which Pittodrie doesn't have space for alongside an 18-20k stadium.

The response to Manc Don only.

* The club have said on several occasions that Pittodrie could not be rebuilt.  Last week (w/c 14.08) they said it could be rebuilt but only to 12,000 capacity - really?

* Lunacy you say - Stadiums can be reconstructed incrementally. Many clubs across the world have done this, are currently doing it and do it all the time. Believe me when I tell you this - I have been to over 500+ worldwide often watching, seeing redeveloping stadia as build goes on. And this redevelopment (that you call lunacy) tends not to impact on the levels of success teams enjoy on the field.  Many, although of course not all of these clubs, are bigger clubs than Aberdeen ever will be.

* Levels of success do not remain so all the time as current.  Although many people won't accept it AFC will go through its cycle of mediocrity again, McInnes will leave, players will go - and when they do that £30m+ debt Kingsford costs wont go away.  it's just the way it is. Having a training academy is great but does not equate in to success on the field of play - see Hibs, Hearts, Rangers etc.

* Although Simmie at youth academy would have you believe it we are not going to be producing the next Neymar or attracting Neymar via having a Kingsford. SPL level, good quality Scottish players are on our radar - thats the stretch of it and they will come here even if the team are training on a public park in Tullos.

One last thing - you know who - don't bother replying to my posts.  Thanks.

Manc,

Plz xplain shuttle buses.

Can't work out how it will work without people forming an orderly queue at 9 AM in the city centre. K thx.

The relevance to my post? I'm not sold on shuttle buses and would like to understand how they'll achieve this.

100NKS - refer to previous pages in this thread which outline how this is approximately the level that is achievable. So yes, really. Of course we're not always going to be "successful" but why limit us in the first place? It's not like we can buy land adjacent to the stadium to expand further.

It's all around you, CCTV cameras can track your movements, one of the shopping centres in the city,  can't remember which one, tracks your movements through your mobile phone and can tell what shops you go into, if one does it, I'm sure the others do it a well. The only way to stay off the "Big Brother" radar is to go completely dark and off grid. Be as well start digging a big hole for your own fallout shelter while you're at it.

As technology improves, perhaps advances is a better term, then the ability to check, double check and track to the minute detail does as well.

Edited to add link. Bon Accord and St Nicholas are the 2 in Aberdeen that are mentioned in a different 2012 article, but it links to a Daily Main financial site, so I'll leave that one

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jan/04/shopping-centre-tracking-system-condemned

I've had my (very quick) visit to the St. Nicholas center this year.

I might have to go back next year or the year after, I'll try and remember to turn off my phone.

Just asked you cos you seem to be 100% behind the move even though it's a pretty shite idea imo. If they can't achieve transport, it's a bogey.

They won't achieve decent transport... aberdeen is not Berlin or Munich.

So don't understand hiw you could be so vocal in support of stadium.

Transport is critical, they have a plan but I'd like to see how it'll work. I'm far from 100% but I'm not against it either. I've been vocal in my derision of some of the counter arguments put forward by the nimbys because they need to be called out.

100NKS does make some valid points occasionally but much like the other side, a lot of it is hyperbole. Everyone is at it.

We need facilities, that's why I'm for it. It's embarrassing and will hold us back once DM et al leave. Cant afford aberdonian nimbysism to get in the way.

Of course, the players need facilities.  But why are they not in place a long time ago?  And why are they now going to cost the guts of £30m+ of debt to put in place?

Last weekend I was in Scottish Borders. An amateur football club in borders has just built facilities via SFA grants, lottery grants, and local fundraising efforts.  This club has got x 1 Social club, 1 x Football grass pitch, 1 x 3G training pitch, a car park and dressing rooms.

It took them 2 years to get it all in place and ready. 

It's taken our club (a European side, 3rd biggest in Scotland) 17 years and £5m to create a vision for a place that will give the club £30m of debt in creating it and does not have a rationale transport plan for us to get to it.

Of course, the players need facilities.  But why are they not in place a long time ago?  And why are they now going to cost the guts of £30m+ of debt to put in place?

Last weekend I was in Scottish Borders. An amateur football club in borders has just built facilities via SFA grants, lottery grants, and local fundraising efforts.  This club has got x 1 Social club, 1 x Football grass pitch, 1 x 3G training pitch, a car park and dressing rooms.

It took them 2 years to get it all in place and ready. 

It's taken our club (a European side, 3rd biggest in Scotland) 17 years and £5m to create a vision for a place that will give the club £30m of debt in creating it and does not have a rationale transport plan for us to get to it.

1. It's a slightly different scale

2. The SFA has SFA to do with helping us

3. The board has, for years, been shite

4. Gloating doesn't achieve anything

1. It's a slightly different scale

2. The SFA has SFA to do with helping us

3. The board has, for years, been shite

4. Gloating doesn't achieve anything

In this particular instance it wasn't a gloating attempt. For clarity - Annoyed and saddened at clubs failures when they blame everyone else

As to whatever has allegedly been said on another forum on this divisive issue no wish whatsoever to see anyone whoever they are pulled up for comments on this topic whether for or against.. I am sure the police IMO would much prefer doing other work.

I'm sure many would agree there is a big big difference between words and actions especially on fitba forums (and that applies to all teams).

I don't disagree with that, it's an absolute sham that we haven't had proper training facilities in place by now.  I'm not sure whether that's to penny pinching or what, or no willing investors but it's a disgrace. If there was one thing i'd hold against Milne, it would be this. Endless five year plans with no delivery.  Maybe it's all tied back to the documentary I posted in the hun thread the other week. Maybe we couldn't get the loans from the bank?  I'm not sure.

I don't disagree with that, it's an absolute sham that we haven't had proper training facilities in place by now.  I'm not sure whether that's to penny pinching or what, or no willing investors but it's a disgrace. If there was one thing i'd hold against Milne, it would be this. Endless five year plans with no delivery.  Maybe it's all tied back to the documentary I posted in the hun thread the other week. Maybe we couldn't get the loans from the bank?  I'm not sure.

Give this is a no win situation given balance of For v Against - An entirely fair judgement for the Council ACC would be to give full planning support to Phase 1. And that's it.

The club don't seem to mind debt so use debt for training facilities and AFCCT only. Phase 1.

Nah, the loans thing was way back. They've had more than enough time to get something sorted after several attempts. The most recent being the BOD one with RGU that fell through very late in the process because of access times or something (stuff that should have been made clear on day one). That makes a mockery of the various statements about it being necessary to have training ground and stadium in the same location - we were more than happy for that not to be the case very recently. The scaremongering around what will happen if the stadium doesn't go through is a little crass like, and using the training as any part of that is massively disingenuous. Despite the shite transport plan, I think it'll sail through in a few weeks.