Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Do the No Kingsford have any actual grounds on which they think the council have acted unlawfully? That's a pretty serious allegation.

Or is this just a threat to initiate a lengthy and expensive bit of last-gasp obstruction against the council if they don't get the decision they want.  ::)

Do the No Kingsford have any actual grounds on which they think the council have acted unlawfully? That's a pretty serious allegation.

Or is this just a threat to initiate a lengthy and expensive bit of last-gasp obstruction against the council if they don't get the decision they want.  ::)

Their main issue is breaking the LDP, and they're correct. But the LDP isn't set in stone.

The rest, transport, parking, otters & terrorists are all solvable/utter pish

Greens say no green belt issue, back development

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/1334531/aberdeen-greens-back-kingsford-development/

W.A.N.K.S. it's over!!!  :rofl::thumbsup:

The co-convener of the Aberdeen Green party has backed the ambitious £50million new Dons stadium project.

Guy Ingerson, who ran for the city council this year, gave his endorsement to the Kingsford Stadium development.

The party carried out their own public consultation which found two thirds of respondents backing the development.

Mr Ingerson said: “The results of our public consultation showed clear support for Kingsford Stadium and Aberdeen Football Club generally.

“Having spoken with, and investigated the claims of both the No To Kingsford campaign and Aberdeen Football Club, it is my personal view that the development should be supported.

“There are potential challenges with the site, specifically around transport infrastructure as highlighted by city planners, but these are not insurmountable.

“In my view it is clear that, as a Green, I can back these proposals without sacrificing my environmental and social principles.

“The area itself was a former landfill site and the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, along with various wildlife charities have raised no objections. I concur with their analysis.”

The stadium has stirred heated emotions across the north- east and a final decision will be made by city councillors next Wednesday.

Critics have raised fears of increased traffic and a loss of green belt land.

jszkaq.jpg

This was the image that finally did it for me.

A shite stadium in a shite location.

That and the " apart from the gradient " quote.

The steepness of the stands had been pre determined.

We had no intention of building an imposing stadium.

I admit I never wanted to leave Pittodrie in the first place but I did try to find some enthusiasm for the move.

Not for a B&Q next to a duel carriageway though.

Well, I'm nae up on cooncil stuff.

I ken that nobody in Aberdeen wanted that monstrosity across the road from Marschial college but they went ahead and built it anyway.

When does the appeal go through for that?

About 20 years after the one about the construction of the Beach 'Leisure' Park

Potentially related given the aggro over potential parking controls being brought into Westhill if the stadium was contructed, I see Aberdeen-shire Council are investigating de-criminalising on-street parking IE taking it out of Police control and hiring their own traffic wardens.

Would be a travesty if it failed, I daresay this'll be the last saloon for any superior development. And who could blame the club? Some fans have been so vehemently against it, it's been pathetic. Some MAD posters in particular (not on this board I'd just like to add). Uninformed numbskulls.

And folk wonder why nothing gets built in Aberdeen? Embarrassing.

Would be a travesty if it failed, I daresay this'll be the last saloon for any superior development. And who could blame the club? Some fans have been so vehemently against it, it's been pathetic. Some MAD posters in particular (not on this board I'd just like to add). Uninformed numbskulls.

And folk wonder why nothing gets built in Aberdeen? Embarrassing.

Is that any surprise? Exactly the same as those who were slightly in favour of it or neutral, the NIMBY opposition and something to rally round turned them into pro stadium extremists.

People who were against the concept and have been pointing out flaws that are so obvious are told if you're a real fan you'll go and every name under the sun, and every concern is dismissed. There are still idiots saying things like oh you won't be able to get a pint before the game? The pub and enjoying the day out is the backbone of football crowds, and good atmosphere on the big occasions.

12:15 kick off against Rangers, spending 1 hour on a bus then a shuttle instead of the city and pub for the build up sounds utter shite and I make no apology for it.

OK I should have been clearer, it's those who despite all the evidence proving otherwise, refuse to believe that Pittodrie can't be developed to the levels we require. They've been as bad as nimbys. If not worse as they're supposed to be our own.

We've had heated, but reasoned debate here. Elsewhere when people have countered some of these arguments, they've been completely ignorant. It's pathetic. Let's see what we end with.

OK I should have been clearer, it's those who despite all the evidence proving otherwise, refuse to believe that Pittodrie can't be developed to the levels we require. They've been as bad as nimbys. If not worse as they're supposed to be our own.

We've had heated, but reasoned debate here. Elsewhere when people have countered some of these arguments, they've been completely ignorant. It's pathetic. Let's see what we end with.

I've got a really bad feeling that as much as Kingsford has its flaws, the realistic alternatives should Kingsford fail will be utterly horrendous.

I can only imagine the reaction should that fear become reality.  :-\

Folk don't trust the board, that's the main problem.

When Stewart Milne wants to build something in Westhill then people have the right to question whether that's really best for the club.

If they were going to build something impressive then they would probably get away with building it where they like.

Do we trust them to build something impressive?

Folk like a moan, they like to nitpick.

They like other people to do the work then take their chance to criticise.

I do think we have to be able to walk to the stadium from the town centre though.

I was wondering if the council were going to play the environmental card and recommend it be turned down, and have had to go back to the drawing board after the Green Party backed the plans.

It’ll be a fucking travesty if it gets turned down.

Exactly as turned out to be the case with independence.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/kingsford-plans-withdrawn-council-meeting-request-dons1/

A decision on a £50 million stadium at Kingsford will now not go before councillors for determination next week.

The Club has requested that the decision on the application is deferred to allow further discussions with the planning service.

AFC Chairman Stewart Milne said: “This is a once in a generation project with major implications for the club, the city and the wider region.

“It is also an application with a degree of legal and planning complexity that needs to be carefully considered.

“We have therefore decided to request that our application be deferred to a future meeting of the full council.”

Aberdeen City Council were expected to rule on the proposed 20,000-seat arena, training academy and heritage museum on Wednesday.