New stadium thread

Not if you class hampden (queens park) as a club stadium

Hmmmmm....  OK, let you off on that one (even though they only ever open the lower tier of the South Stand).  ;)

I was pre-empting comments on the urban myth that Easter Rd is now bigger than Pittodrie.

Easter road is over 20,000 now, still think we're 3rd but not by a fair margin

I'd say that 1700 seats is a fair margin, but it's not that important at the end of the day - their average crowds are still bigger than ours.  I worked briefly on the design of Hibs new East Stand and at one point the design would have made it marginally bigger than Pittodrie and incorporating more executive boxes, but HFC decided to maintain a "Kop" style design generating atmosphere rather than a "two-tiered" one that generally doesn't.

With a bit more vision and ambition, AFC could stay at Pittodrie if the powers that be wanted it badly enough.  The opportunity to cash in on the land and drive down the debt is driving this and nothing else.

With a bit more vision and ambition, AFC could stay at Pittodrie if the powers that be wanted it badly enough.  The opportunity to cash in on the land and drive down the debt is driving this and nothing else.

as has already been said if we did rebuild Pittodrie our attendance would drop to between 10-15,000 added to that we would have to fund the whole thing? if that is showing ambition then i'm glad that they're not

as has already been said if we did rebuild Pittodrie our attendance would drop to between 10-15,000 added to that we would have to fund the whole thing? if that is showing ambition then i'm glad that they're not

I realise all of this, and whilst I am neither for or against a new stadium, I am all for anything that is designed to safeguard the club's future.  What I am against is this idea of the club hiding behind UEFA stadium criteria, stating this is the reason we have to move and an effort to get the fans onside with it.  That is not a reason to move, it is merely one of the (admittedly many) advantages of moving which are primarily financially related.

Presume you mean "capacity" as our "attendance" is barely averaging 10,000 this season

Fuck walking up Wellington Road.  I'll take the bus.

Wellington Road on a Saturday will be more choked than my ex bird in a room full of cock.

If yer taking the bus I'd advise bringing board games and a sleeping blanket.... particularly the sleeping blanket, because you never know if my ex bird is going to be on the bus inna.

Anyone seen the traffic chaos on Market Street with folk from the North trying to turn right into Union Square?

Good luck getting to the new stadium if yer coming from Brig o Don!  :-\

When I lived in BoD and worked in Altens, I always used to go through Ferryhill, cross the bridge by the bottom of the Duthie Park and up the Tullos Ring Road. Rarely took more than half an hour door to door, even when they were digging up Market Street. I think there's a shortcut through Kincorth that takes you out by the police station too. You could probably take a right after the bridge and take the A90 too if you wanted, I did that a couple of times when there was a big queue to turn left. If the white elephant bypass is ever built, there will be that option too.

Regarding the bus going up Wellington Road, I'd assume someone somewhere would have some common sense and have a dedicated bus lane somewhere, perhaps going between Kincorth and the stadium, similar to the lane that goes from Lang Stracht to Kingswells Park & Ride for buses only. Would encourage more people to leave the car too.

Are folk really discussing how much of a nightmare traffic will be when Pittodrie is currently sitting spitting distance from the city centre?  :-\

I was reading all that thinking the same thing ST, it is a total fucking whore right now!

If I drive to the game it'll be a piece a pish to get home when it's done and (more likely) if I'm on the train I'll no give too much of a fuck, I'll be on the monorail!