New stadium thread

Does anyone have any idea what this mean's for AFC's new stadium?

That cove are going ahead without us, and we are definitely not moving to Loirston. Could be wrong but I was under the impression it wasn't the stadium we couldn't get planning for so much as the facilities around it needed for an spl club.

Hopefully Cove will let us train on their nice new pitch.

That cove are going ahead without us, and we are definitely not moving to Loirston. Could be wrong but I was under the impression it wasn't the stadium we couldn't get planning for so much as the facilities around it needed for an spl club.

Hopefully Cove will let us train on their nice new pitch.

far as I was aware the cove development includes a sports village which both teams would use as traingin facilites.

The Cove development was 'cancelled' because the council decided the land it was to be built on should only be used to residential projects or something like that.

• 1 month later...
A NEW home for Aberdeen FC is being considered at Dyce, it is believed.

Aberdeen City Council chiefs are believed to be eyeing a site for the club near the airport, as they consider shifting Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.

Today the council’s finance convener Willie Young declined to comment on reports council officers had been asked to identify an option for a new Aberdeen FC stadium.

Seriously, WTF the fuck?  Dyce?  One of the worst areas in Aberdeen for traffic.  And shifting the AECC?  Have the council gone mad?

I'm not sure I fully understand the story - are they talking about moving the Dons and AECC to Dyce?

:hammer:???:lambsey:

Before anyone even thinks aboot moving fucking anything to Dyce they need to sort oot the Haudigain round about. Dyce is terrible for travelling to and from when there's any traffic at all. Hopefully it's bullshit.

There's no point in building a new stadium if there's no fans to go to the games. Although I disagree with not talking about it until the money's there. Nothing wrong with having a vague idea of what's going on for when the money does finally magically appear. And the amount of cash needed is going to differ depending on where the thing's being built.

Only last week, Aberdeen City Council set aside £21m or so for the upgrading of Dyce Drive.

There is a current feasibility study into re-opening the Formartine & Buchan railway line thus increasing capacity and catchment for rail passengers.

The new ABZ business park (infrastructure work already in progress on site) will see more traffic movements towards Dyce therefore justifying the above.

Planning gain payments from large-scale developments such as ABZ, AECC & AFC would more than pay for the required improvements to the Haudagain.  Everybody speaks about the Haudagain, but Bridge of Don at the AECC is no better and neither hardly is Bridge of Dee.

To say that it is a stupid idea is itself stupid.  If it is a stupid idea, Planning wont approve it.  If Planning do approve it, it will be because all the necessary infrastructure improvements will have been dealt with.

I happen to think that Dyce would be an excellent location for the stadium, especially with the AWPR passing by.  Dyce itself could be about to see a massive growth.  And just to throw this one in from left-field - the land that the Rowett Institute is on could be a goer.....

Only last week, Aberdeen City Council set aside £21m or so for the upgrading of Dyce Drive.

There is a current feasibility study into re-opening the Formartine & Buchan railway line thus increasing capacity and catchment for rail passengers.

The new ABZ business park (infrastructure work already in progress on site) will see more traffic movements towards Dyce therefore justifying the above.

Planning gain payments from large-scale developments such as ABZ, AECC & AFC would more than pay for the required improvements to the Haudagain.  Everybody speaks about the Haudagain, but Bridge of Don at the AECC is no better and neither hardly is Bridge of Dee.

To say that it is a stupid idea is itself stupid.  If it is a stupid idea, Planning wont approve it.  If Planning do approve it, it will be because all the necessary infrastructure improvements will have been dealt with.

I happen to think that Dyce would be an excellent location for the stadium, especially with the AWPR passing by.  Dyce itself could be about to see a massive growth.  And just to throw this one in from left-field - the land that the Rowett Institute is on could be a goer.....

I'm with BTR on this one, its still within the city, plans in place to ensure the transport links will be sorted by then, there's actually something near by for the fans to do pre-match.  A couple more trains to Dyce on match days wouldn't be a bad idea too.  Can't really fault it.

I'm with BTR on this one, its still within the city, plans in place to ensure the transport links will be sorted by then, there's actually something near by for the fans to do pre-match.  A couple more trains to Dyce on match days wouldn't be a bad idea too.  Can't really fault it.

I disagree.  If you're both suggesting that the stadium is going to be on the side of Dyce near the station then Dyce will be gridlocked by those not taking the train, away fans etc... as there is no decent road infrastructure on that side of the airport.  If the stadium goes on the airport side, nearer the link to the AWPR then that would be better for those travelling by car or bus, but it would be nowhere near the train station so nobody could get there by train.

Dyce doesn't make sense IMHO.

• 2 months later...

nae the right thread, but meh.

Heard the comms say McInnes has fixed us up with new training facilities. Hadn't noticed it at the time, but a week ago the EE mentioned Albyn School’s centre for sport.

Anyone know if it's any good? or is it just another bit of turf that doesn't have a cricket thing in the middle?

nae the right thread, but meh.

Heard the comms say McInnes has fixed us up with new training facilities. Hadn't noticed it at the time, but a week ago the EE mentioned Albyn School’s centre for sport.

Anyone know if it's any good? or is it just another bit of turf that doesn't have a cricket thing in the middle?

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20130419/redimages-today-at-training-_2212158_3150317