New stadium thread

Eh? His responsibility is to the whole club, of which the customers, the fans are the most important.

I'm comfortable with change and progress.

I'm comfortable with knowing how the world works.

When it comes to my club though, a club I put money into through the original shares issue, I'm not comfortable with people stealing from us, something that Dick Donald and his son would never have sanctioned.

We have no proof there's any impropriety going on but given his previous, I don't trust the rat cunt.

By law, his responsibility is to the shareholders, that's what I was getting at. I don't believe Milne looks much further than this, treating AFC like he would any other business. I don't think you should do that with a football club, but I'm happy to watch the game every week as I enjoy it and am aware of how our club works and how Scottish fitba is fixed. I get pissed off with it sometimes, but try not to let it bother me.

I think you'll find that there is no law that applies to corporate governance.

Once you get to age enough to understand.

Nae slagging you loon. Ye're a good cunt. Just that you're young. Or at least, younger than me.

Cheers, you are indeed correct, I meant company (or bottom line) not shareholders, I'm not sure why I wrote that. Although strictly speaking, that's pish too. Must be going nuts in my young age! I won't let the shareholders of my company know I wrote that nonsense.

• 1 month later...

Public consultation starts on 25 July. Anyone intending on going along?

Members of the public will get their say on a landmark decision for Aberdeen Football Club later this month.

Public consultations will be held from July 25 so people can express their views on the plans for the new Dons stadium at Kingsford on the outskirts of Westhill.

The consultations will be at several locations across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.

Exhibitions will be on display in the city centre, Kingswells, at their current home Pittodrie, and in Westhill.

The consultation will last 12 weeks and will allow the football club to gather opinions from the public before they submit a formal planning application later this year.

A spokesman for Aberdeen Football Club said: “Public consultation will begin in the week commencing July 25 and will include exhibitions staffed by the club and design team at Westhill, Kingswells and Pittodrie and further exhibitions in city centre locations.

“These will be well publicised in advance.

“Briefings are also being offered to the neighbouring community councils; Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire councillors, MSPs and MPs.

“Our proposals will also be available to view via the club’s website.

“Aberdeen Football Club is committed to a comprehensive programme of public consultation on our proposals to develop a community and sports campus, football academy and stadium, as detailed in the Proposal of Application Notice submitted on 27 June.

“This is a significant project for the club, the city and the region and it is important that we share our vision for the development and what it will deliver in sporting, social and economic terms with all interested parties.

“This will enable us to review responses to the consultation before a formal planning application for the project is submitted to the local authority later this year.”

DonsStadiumKingswells.jpg?ssl=1

• 2 weeks later...

Exhibition and consultation dates confirmed:

Consultation details for Aberdeen FC’s new stadium have been announced.

Public exhibitions will be held in Westhill, Kingswells and the city centre late this month and in early August to showcase the plans for the arena in Kingsford.

As previously reported in the Evening Express, the events will allow the public to view the proposals before a formal planning application is submitted to the council later this year.

Three main consultation events will be held:

Tuesday, July 26 at the Fourmile House in Kingswells

Friday, July 29 at the Holiday Inn Aberdeen West in Westhill

Tuesday, August 2 at Pittodrie Stadium.

These exhibitions will all run from 1pm until 8pm.

Additionally, pop up exhibitions will also take place.

These will be held on:

Wednesday, August 3  from noon to 6pm at the Trinity Shopping Centre,

Friday August 5 from noon to 5pm at the Central Library

Monday  August 8 between 2pm and 8pm at Pittodrie Stadium.

All the proposals will also be available to view on the club’s website from July 26.

Comments on the plans will be accepted until August 26 to give the club time to review them before forming an official planning application.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.afc.co.uk/8157

Decent amount of info on the new stadium now on the club site, good to see the plan for transport etc and will surely reassure some.

It's not much of a plan for transport though is it? 1,300 parking spaces and unsure about public transport, but possibly shuttle from park and ride. Safe to say there won't be much space for cyclists along the cycle path with all the folk walking down it!

Stadium looks pretty smart though, I quite like it.

It's not much of a plan for transport though is it? 1,300 parking spaces and unsure about public transport, but possibly shuttle from park and ride. Safe to say there won't be much space for cyclists along the cycle path with all the folk walking down it!

Stadium looks pretty smart though, I quite like it.

Considering it's right at the start of the process and it's a summary I'd say it's a reassuring level of info. Maximum amount of parking spaces allowable, bus parking, shuttle busses from the park and ride as well as possibly from the train station. It's a start!

Why would anyone trust Milne let alone give him the benefit of doubt?

George Yule is a different animal but he's not got any power.

This decision to relocate is an agenda pursued over 3 decades. It was a decision made by one man. We weren't consulted. Is it because he knows best and knows what's better for us than we know ourselves? Is this sole operator some kind of visionary? Did he not neglect maintenance at Pittodrie in furtherance of his agenda?

In a week where Sir Philip Green's professional reputation has been brutalised and the truth finally exposed, I would've thought that the balance of doubt would have been against the sole operator with all the power? Interesting that he said he would make good on reparation to the pensioners. What businessman would take responsibility for the affairs of a company he no longer has anything to do with, an institution he sold already, for a quid? A guilty one, that's who. One who's been caught stealing, and rewarded for it with a knighthood from the Westminster establishment, the same organisation that 55% of Scots voted not to leave, the same systemic corruption that grinds the gears of the EU, another vote where Scotland fucked up.

Man we have some real fuck ups amongst us.

Despite being a cyclist myself (Hi ED and TC  :wave:) I can't really see the point in providing it at the football, or any other major venue in all honesty for the very reason you've outlined above.  Cycling through Arsenal traffic after 5's is a nightmare.  It's a nice idea, but won't work. They should have reduced the car parking further though on the basis that they should have organised suitable public transport. 1,300 spaces is a lot for a society that is trying to dissuade people from driving.

Edit: and the colonnade should be interesting, I hope they don't have to fill that all up with fencing / gates.  PVC wrap (similar to the Olympic stadium which worked very well) looks good.

With regards to the proposal itself, hard to see much about it and those corners have potential to be quite bland, but the general masterplan seems logical.  Am I the only one that seems surprised that they haven't allowed for a proper indoor facility - multi use space doesn't count?  A few folk on fezbook questioned why it's on 20K, I think the figure is bang on given the amount of games we actually get anywhere near that figure.  Better than having a soulless bowl.

Despite being a cyclist myself (Hi ED and TC  :wave:) I can't really see the point in providing it at the football, or any other major venue in all honesty for the very reason you've outlined above.  Cycling through Arsenal traffic after 5's is a nightmare.  It's a nice idea, but won't work. They should have reduced the car parking further though on the basis that they should have organised suitable public transport. 1,300 spaces is a lot for a society that is trying to dissuade people from driving.

Edit: and the colonnade should be interesting, I hope they don't have to fill that all up with fencing / gates.  PVC wrap (similar to the Olympic stadium which worked very well) looks good.

With regards to the proposal itself, hard to see much about it and those corners have potential to be quite bland, but the general masterplan seems logical.  Am I the only one that seems surprised that they haven't allowed for a proper indoor facility - multi use space doesn't count?  A few folk on fezbook questioned why it's on 20K, I think the figure is bang on given the amount of games we actually get anywhere near that figure.  Better than having a soulless bowl.

:wanker:

Regarding the capacity, I'm half wondering if the 20k figure is seating only and whether we might have a safe standing area on top of that... it may be wishful thinking though.

Regarding the capacity, I'm half wondering if the 20k figure is seating only and whether we might have a safe standing area on top of that... it may be wishful thinking though.

Nah, it's just 20,000 all seater.  I think the club (stupidly) said a while back that they weren't going to have any safe standing  ::)

Would be amazed if we got anywhere near £18 million in the current climate.

The sale of Pittodrie stadium could raise as much as £18million.

The money would generate almost half the amount required to build the proposed new complex between Kingswells and Westhill.

As well as housing 20,000 fans, there would be training facilities, a football academy, a pavilion containing offices and a gym at the new site.

There would also be a heritage museum charting the club’s iconic history as well as a “red cafe” and a memorial garden.

George Yule, the vice chairman of Aberdeen FC, said:

“We will explore all practical funding avenues to finance this important development for the club, AFC Community Trust, the city and region.

“This will include realising value from the Pittodrie site via a sale for redevelopment, which we expect to be in the region of £18millon depending on the market at the time of the sale.”

A 12 week public consultation into plans for the new stadium began yesterday.

The next consultation will be held on Friday from 1pm-8pm at the Holiday Inn on Westhill Drive.

Next week they will be held on Tuesday from 1pm-8pm in Pittodrie, from noon to 6pm the following day in the Trinity Centre, and from noon to 5pm in the Central Library on Friday.

On August 8, a further consultation will take place in Pittodrie from 2pm-8pm.

Seems one of my workmates liked a no to kingsford post on Facebook which prompted me to flag up the rude and condescending attitude from a lot of the anti-brigade at the consultation meeting.

Needless to say it was swiftly deleted and I'm now blocked despite being perfectly reasonable in what I said.

::)