New stadium thread

::)

Good call, basing your negativity on guesswork

;)

;D

Ok, it's not a guess. It is basic. I (and TW), probably more than most look at these things.

Given what I can see, this is how that image will look like:

stadium.jpg

Some thing like this (albeit on a smaller scale obviously) is not hard to achieve. The structure is all contained, better materials and the rake on the roof is slopped towards the pitch which allows the atmosphere (on those rare occasions at the Emirates) to roll around the stadium.  It's much cleaner imo.

emirates.jpg

;D

Ok, it's not a guess. It is basic. I (and TW), probably more than most look at these things.

stadium.jpg

Some thing like this (albeit on a smaller scale obviously) is not hard to achieve. The structure is all contained, better materials and the rake on the roof is slopped towards the pitch which allows the atmosphere (on those rare occasions at the Emirates) to roll around the stadium.  It's much cleaner imo.

emirates.jpg

Fair enough... may have only been winding you up. I agree it does look better, would it be more expensive though?

Guess we'll soon see when the plans are released, could the images so far just be rough pictorial mock ups?

Fair enough... may have only been winding you up. I agree it does look better, would it be more expensive though?

Guess we'll soon see when the plans are released, could the images so far just be rough pictorial mock ups?

I know you were, but it also made me realise I hadn't put my point across correctly!  :thumbsup: I'd say those images will be fairly representative of the strategies, such as the structural one for the roof that are in place. I doubt much will change from the bowl view we see. Final layout internally may be tweaked but I'd say they know what it'll look like.

I agree Bb,the new San mames is a thing of beauty. I was gutted when I went they hadn't finished it. Would love to go to a game there. Saw enough from the outside and got to go into the old San mames before it got knocked down.

;D

stadium.jpg

emirates.jpg

is Tynecastle roof not pretty much in a style to what is proposed for us? best ground i know for atmosphere. The arsenal stadium lower tier looks utter shite TBH, far to flat a rake for my tastes, worse than hampden, I assume they need that to be able to build such a large stadium without going to high.

Its growing on me, get a better idea later today hopefully, but as long as it has a big bar or 3, safe standing, steep stands and close to the park i'll be happy enough. (oh, and nae to overboard family friendly shite either)

is Tynecastle roof not pretty much in a style to what is proposed for us? best ground i know for atmosphere. The arsenal stadium lower tier looks utter shite TBH, far to flat a rake for my tastes, worse than hampden, I assume they need that to be able to build such a large stadium without going to high.

Its growing on me, get a better idea later today hopefully, but as long as it has a big bar or 3, safe standing, steep stands and close to the park i'll be happy enough. (oh, and nae to overboard family friendly shite either)

One of my favourite stadiums in the world for those very reasons.  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the Emirates is the be all and end all. Having stood on the lower tier it was awful and the views are pretty horrific but the atmosphere (or lack of it at most times) is down to the Arsenal fans.  Tynecastle is helped by the rake and the closeness of the fans to the pitch, something you don't see in modern stadia very often anymore.  Big shame imo.

I'm more criticizing the roof structure, but the rake down towards the pitch always helps.

One of my favourite stadiums in the world for those very reasons.  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the Emirates is the be all and end all. Having stood on the lower tier it was awful and the views are pretty horrific but the atmosphere (or lack of it at most times) is down to the Arsenal fans.  Tynecastle is helped by the rake and the closeness of the fans to the pitch, something you don't see in modern stadia very often anymore.  Big shame imo.

I'm more criticizing the roof structure, but the rake down towards the pitch always helps.

aye, i was slightly off tangent on the shitness of the arsenal seating tiers,but it was the first thing i noticed on the pic  :smile: i always assumed the roof should slope down to keep noise/sweetie rustling in so i had a wee look to see what tynecastle was like, nae the sort of thing you really notice when there.The Arsenal roof looks like the first tier or two would get soaked in the rain, pointless.

our interior picture up top doesn't look right, looks like they've used a pittodrie pic and attached it to a computer graphic of the other 3 stands (which all look steeper) 

I'm fair impressed wi that Budapest stadium layout donsdaft put on. fine steep tier and get the 'raked' roof (fit ever at means) to help contain & carry atmosphere in the ground.

Be good to hear anyone's feedback that made it along to todders for a better view oh plans and details?

Think it was on the 1st floor, NE corner, behind the bit with the big screen

I stand corrected. Seems a strange layout given the 'public' access appears to be only from the concourse areas (Not seeing an access from outside). I'm now wondering if the designers are from England-shire and have failed to take into account the rules on Alcohol in Scottish Football.

I like the designs, shame they couldn't do the artist impressions from the other angle or looking up from the pitch to show how steep the stands could be. Like all stadiums fans create the atmosphere! Need tvs in the pisher though!

[/quote

And need tvs in the actual urinals playing a continual loop of McCoist, Barry the Fud, Brown, Stench and Shrek the goalie to encourage accurate aiming

The lack of 'indoor' facilities seems like a bad idea to me. Wouldn't take that much to stick a basic 'shed' over one of the training pitches but then again what do I know?  ::)

See, I thought that would be the academy but that doesn't appear to be that at all. I guess they will continue to use the ASV in the winter ??? Seems like a massive missed opportunity if that is rhe case.

See, I thought that would be the academy but that doesn't appear to be that at all. I guess they will continue to use the ASV in the winter ??? Seems like a massive missed opportunity if that is rhe case.

Wasn't indoor facilities mentioned in the original plans as a second phase of the training facilities?

• 3 weeks later...

Personally how it looks on the outside doesn't bother me so long as it actually works as a building.

If the circulation ends up anything like that of Celtic Park the designers have to be shot on sight.

Always thought Tynecastle's was a lot worse.

Talking of the Emirates though (mentioned on previous page) - for a modern stadium the facilities are poor. As are Wembley. Both have not only small toilets totally unsuitable for the capacities of the two stadiums, but either by design or maybe modern regulations, they haven't bothered building the "troughs" which may look unsightly but are needed when hundreds of fans are squeezing in.

Arsenal have a small number of urinals, and Wembley haven't bothered with them at all, just having cubicles which of course lead to a horrendous mess when fans piss all over the seats and paper towels get stuck everywhere.

My point is Aberdeen, just keep the toilets simple. And big.

Always thought Tynecastle's was a lot worse.

Talking of the Emirates though (mentioned on previous page) - for a modern stadium the facilities are poor. As are Wembley. Both have not only small toilets totally unsuitable for the capacities of the two stadiums, but either by design or maybe modern regulations, they haven't bothered building the "troughs" which may look unsightly but are needed when hundreds of fans are squeezing in.

Arsenal have a small number of urinals, and Wembley haven't bothered with them at all, just having cubicles which of course lead to a horrendous mess when fans piss all over the sears and paper towels get stuck everywhere.

My point is Aberdeen, just keep the toilets simple. And big.

;D

Are you sure Wembley haven't got Urinals?  I'm sure i've used some there before.  What they do have is swing toilets, in that they open up more toilets (which will be cubicles) for events that will favour a particular sex.  I.e. football is still probably a majority male attended event whereas a Robbie Williams gig will be female. They just change the sign on the door.  I could be wrong, but I'm certain that is the case in Wembley.

;D

Are you sure Wembley haven't got Urinals?  I'm sure i've used some there before.  What they do have is swing toilets, in that they open up more toilets (which will be cubicles) for events that will favour a particular sex.  I.e. football is still probably a majority male attended event whereas a Robbie Williams gig will be female. They just change the sign on the door.  I could be wrong, but I'm certain that is the case in Wembley.

I don't know, I've been twice (both for Scotland games) and that's what the toilets were like, but it's a big place so maybe there are cubicles somewhere.

Before the game in November though it was a mess before the game had even started. It was taking that long that people began to either go in two at a time. Was piss all over the seats, paper towels stuck to everything.

My mate is a regular at Scotland away games and has Crohns desease. Good help him if he needed to go in there.