New stadium thread

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OJMF3EBZIED00

That's the planning application submitted. Couple of visualisations etc available by following the link but I wouldn't expect there's much that hasn't already been shown.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-38638838

I still feel the same as I did when I first saw it, a bit meh.  However, the bigger picture is that we need a new stadium and this needs to happen.  Whilst I hate the roof, it looks shit and no one can convince me otherwise, hopefully we'll have the fans to fill it and i'm very pleased to see the bar.  Should be a good revenue stream for the club.

As I said to ED earlier today, I hope they have intentions of installing one of those winter bubbles over the training pitches during winter, otherwise it's pointless having these facilities.

It's a step in the right direction, now time to kick the naysayers in the puss and into touch.

Great memories at Pittodrie,but realise its time for change.Looking forward to the new project.Personally think an 18.000 capacity would suit the crowds we get in relation to how full the ground would look at a game.Being in a stadium over or under half full can be the difference to making it appealing to newbies(and oldies)

I still feel the same as I did when I first saw it, a bit meh.  However, the bigger picture is that we need a new stadium and this needs to happen.  Whilst I hate the roof, it looks shit and no one can convince me otherwise, hopefully we'll have the fans to fill it and i'm very pleased to see the bar.  Should be a good revenue stream for the club.

As I said to ED earlier today, I hope they have intentions of installing one of those winter bubbles over the training pitches during winter, otherwise it's pointless having these facilities.

It's a step in the right direction, now time to kick the naysayers in the puss and into touch.

Pretty sure you didn't but it is a good idea though. The club did say indoor full size pitches may be a future phase of the training facilities but regardless the bubbles should be utilised.

If it means the stadium if functional and meets all our present and future needs then I'm perfectly happy with a less pretty roof. Even more so given the knowledge you'll be quietly seething any time you make the trip there  :wave:

Pretty sure you didn't but it is a good idea though. The club did say indoor full size pitches may be a future phase of the training facilities but regardless the bubbles should be utilised.

If it means the stadium if functional and meets all our present and future needs then I'm perfectly happy with a less pretty roof. Even more so given the knowledge you'll be quietly seething any time you make the trip there  :wave:

Hmm. Either it's still in my drafts or you didn't read it, I'll go with the latter ;)

We don't need a new stadium. That's a myth. A spectacular one propagated over 20 years with little evidence to back it up. It's the fitba equivalent of "we need to balance the books" shite told by the government (UK).

I'm a nae-sayer,  and you cunts can shove yer pish stadium that isn't in fucking Aberdeen up yer collective hoops.

Fuck yer Westhill FC pish. It's just fuckin Homebase, or Ikea of the fitba world. For losers and dicks. I'm going to hide a fash behind the radiator in each of the new corporate boxes.

Is there anything in the planning permission application about public transport links or is everyone expected to drive. Have to say if Hearts can redevelop Tynecastle then I cannot see why we cannot just redevelop the existing site.

Aye there are a load of documents outlining the proposed transport links etc. There's also mention of the club securing use of 600 parking spaces at arnhall business park from memory.

Didn't read much of it, there seems to have been a significant amount of work put into it since the public exhibitions though which is promising.

We don't need a new stadium. That's a myth. A spectacular one propagated over 20 years with little evidence to back it up. It's the fitba equivalent of "we need to balance the books" shite told by the government (UK).

I feel its time people started come up with evidence that Pittodrie in its current state is still fit for purpose.

Anyone starting out with the consensus of 'its been fine for years so no need for change' will automatically remove themselves from the debate.

Anyone using the phrase "fit for purpose " is automatically rejected from the argument.

;D

Tom is right though. Rightly or wrongly ( very much the latter but that's by the by now) Pittodrie has been neglected for yonks. We missed the opportunity years ago with the land behind the south stand to do something. As much as I love Pittodrie, it is old and tired. It's time.

I feel its time people started come up with evidence that Pittodrie in its current state is still fit for purpose.

Anyone starting out with the consensus of 'its been fine for years so no need for change' will automatically remove themselves from the debate.

Horseshit. The onus is on those suggesting we spend £50M, not the other way round. Why would that ever be the case in anything, ever, that's just fucking ridiculous.

I have never, and will never, suggest that Pittodrie is in a fit state. Because that's not the fucking argument. We're raising upward of £25M not reliant on moving stadium. I, as a lifelong fan, am not retarded enough to accept that nothing good could be done with some, part, all of pittodrie for that sort of money, and I would like the opportunity to see some ideas and options on the table that demonstrate that. As it stands, we have a temporary custodian of a community club pushing an agenda that he, alone, has decided was required and has been pushed over the last 20 years to the extent that most people have accepted - fait accompli - that it has to happen, despite not having been presented with any evidence to back it up. It's why I mentioned the "balancing the books" that the UK government talked about during the austerity period (continuing). It couldn't be backed up by anything, it was economically illiterate and just incorrect, but people heard it repeated so many times that they thought it must be true. To the extent that BBC journalists/reporters/interviewers would repeat the phrase themselves when questioning politicians. The same is true here, absolutely the same.

In truth, I don't mind the location for the club on a personal level, but it's not a very good location for the dons. Only a person who believes that there are no other possible options ever would think that it is. Because 600 spaces at the Arnhall busines park is fucking retarded (walking down the side of a fucking dual carriageway, seriously?), and so are all the other travel arrangements.

Don't disagree with any of that Rico. Good post  :thumbsup:

That said though, as a product, we haven't been an attractive investment for the past 15-20 years so I'm not sure we'd have raised the capital or the the banks agreement to do anything substantial to Pittodrie over that time. Sure, bits an pieces could and have been done over that period but we are where we are. I don't know enough about the region to be able to dispute about the location, transport will need to be agreed but I'm sure that will follow. It ticks the boxes in terms of providing all our facilities in one spot, I'm happy enough with that.

It's not as simple as "we are where we are", as if it were fate or circumstance. Our balance sheet has been deliberately engineered and our only asset targeted. The reason we haven't been an attractive investment proposition over the last 15-20 years is obvious, although we were an attractive enough investment 20 years ago for 3,000 of us to sink in millions. Did the alarm bells not ring when he proposed relocation almost immediately after the RDS was built? The man has been pursuing a single agenda from day one. The paying customers, the blind loyal might have been ostriches to the off-field mismanagement but even if they were looking only at the product on the pitch, there's been continuous failure which should have more than suggested that something wasn't right. We got the club we deserved because most were too stupid to see what's going on and those who did see have been shouted down by the pack and don't give enough of a fuck to continue a losing battle. AFC has been made into a shit football club and one who's soul is getting ripped out and sold to the devil. Di Stefano's words were right at the time. They are the antithesis of the present day now.

I think I'll just retire from going to the fitba.

The Dons not playing at Pittodrie may just be the last straw.

They'll get their planning permission, it may well actually go ahead this time, although I hope not.

I'm probably even more fed up with the fans than anything else, go into a pub before a game and you would think folk would be talking about fitba. Nah, they are talking about money.

Transfer fees

Players wages

TV rights

etc. etc. bloody etc.

Now with a new stadium, the city will be buzzing with............who gets the naming rights.

Instead of calling it New Pittodrie, people will be delighted to watch Aberdeen v Ross County at the Tampax Stadium profided there is some money in it.

( personally I can't see past Bon Accord Arena, BAA for short)

I used to live on Merkland Road East, now I can see the floodlights from my living room window.

I dinna want to go to fuckin Westhills.

They better get the transport sorted oot, I mean really sorted oot.

I'm probably even more fed up with the fans than anything else, go into a pub before a game and you would think folk would be talking about fitba. Nah, they are talking about money.

Transfer fees

Players wages

TV rights

etc. etc. bloody etc.

...you forgot the worst one, costant guffy fitba spik. Melchester rovers did this, Ruski athletic did that, Noo yawk utd did the other  :hammer:

They better get the transport sorted oot, I mean really sorted oot.

They've said all along it was a priority, even if they did nothing, for most, kingsford will be easier to get to/from than Linksfield

I used to live on Merkland Road East, now I can see the floodlights from my living room window.

I dinna want to go to fuckin Westhills.

It's ither folks shotty noo. Nobody has a divine right to just take a 5 minute walk to the grun.

Nah, I'm nae convinced.

If folk want to watch Westhill Utd. at the Tampax Stadium then fair enough.

Personally I'd rather watch the Dons at Pittodrie.

One day, I'll wheel young donsdaft jnr. jnr. down East Merkland Road to look at the crappy flats they have built at the bottom of it.

He may wonder why his Granda is greeting.