Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Thought the numskulls had been quiet for some time, right on cue.

The No Kingsford Stadium organisation is worried about fan segregation around the proposed site for Aberdeen's new stadium at high-profile matches against the likes of Celtic and Rangers.

Honestly, you can't design a stadium without addressing it. It's pathetic at best trying to claim otherwise. Very rarely do you see fences in football in the UK and the points raised are frankly a waste of air. There's potential for violence every day, let alone at football and very little of what has been described is different to the norm. The police will do their job accordingly.

Aberdeen and Rangers fans were mixing in and around the away fans' entrance at Pittodrie the other week without any murders, stabbings, shootings, riots or fires. If any of these mongs looked at this rationally and reasonably they wouldn't be worried. Nimby cunts.

Bud/Fellow Red.......

That story (concerns about trouble) appeared on NKS website after Rangers game.  It came out of the alleged goings on pre/post Rangers game at Pittodrie.

P&J written about it today I don't know why?

There was a congregation of Germans here to follow Aberdeen and a couple buses of Rangers fans looking for a barny at Rangers game.  Supposedly there was some sort of word on the street about a pre-arranged punch up down the harbour. 

It could be a case of 2+2 = 7 with that scenario but it seems there was a casuals element to it all. On both sides and folk looking for a barny.

None the less, i would agree that football violence would not really be a serious issue in Westhill but where are all the folk looking for a bevvy going to go??

Rangers fans and Celtic fans come up by trains or buses drop them off in town.  Not everyone gets bussed in and out.

You should know that there are a lot of knob ends in both sides of support.

The 'publicity' these people (No Kingsford - I am not a member of them and don't live in Westhill) have given to these concerns puts more pressure on Council as regards this matter i.e. Kingsford.

Kingsford Will/Will not go ahead because of away fans concerns.  It will not be given the go ahead as the transport infrastructure around the stadium and the plans to get people in and out was written on the 'back of a fag packet' by George Yule.

Its all in contradiction of local authority strategy and national visions.

Great idea Kingsford - sorry, not going to work.  Wrong location, poorly planned.

I can even keep you guys up to date with next steps if you'ze want.

1: Local Elections in Council - today

2: Planning assessments continue

3: Pre-determination meeting (with council) NIMBY's will be present as well George Yule.

4: Council makes final judgement announcement 20.06.17 on Kingsford

5: Local Press reactions to decision

6: George Yule goes back to board and asks for next steps guidance

7: AFC Board make strategic decision of what to do next.

The cycle of application will either start again (amended) or they look at alternative sites.  Meantime the pitch is getting relaid and to be honest Derek McInnes has got better things to do as by end of June we will be preparing for Europa League and 2017 season.

I thought AFC were going to come back with an improved transport assessment but no sign on the council website?

The one there just now has no hope and would be rejected straight away.

The stuff against the huns is information straight out of a police report as anyone familiar with their language could tell, and true, so I wonder how they got that.

At least if it's at Kingsford the 8000 that go will get some good battles with huns on the way up from town, especially on a 100% capacity Yule bus.

I think what you'll find is that George Yule, Milne and co. know that its not looking good for the Kingsford project at this stage.

Curiously its all gone quiet since 30th March and milestone of the meeting of Aberdeenshire Council.  No amount of EE propaganda can push this through and at this moment its not fit for purpose.

The fact that there is no transparency of documentation since 30th March should be a worry to those of you supporting this concept since AFC were meant to be proactively putting together a new transport plan to mitigate the tons and tons of concerns already raised.

Where is it?  The final vote announcement is just over a 7 weeks away?  What are the clubs plans?

The report in the P&J is a bit out of date.  It pertains to the supposed alleged punch up supposedly organised between Dynamo Berlin / Aberdeen Casuals and Rangers ICF.

If truth be told the punch up organised was in all probability an invented event made up by the police although the fact that a group of hooligans from Germany turned up in Aberdeen on day we played Rangers (hung about Castlegate and met up with ASC members) and they (Rangers) had buses of thugs not attending hanging about the harbour pubs means you have to acknowledge that neither side was hanging around in Aberdeen on that day to pick flowers in Hazelhead Park.

The whole context has given No Kingsford ammunition - hooligans in Westhill!  P&J latched onto it.

None the less, if club are serious still about Kingsford where is the new transport plan?  Its not looking good is it? As the current transport plan is as big a pile of dung.

I thought AFC were going to come back with an improved transport assessment but no sign on the council website?

Given how to my knowledge not a single Council's Planning Team is coping under the new online systems I wouldn't base the lack of updates on their website as evidence of anything.

In the last 4 weeks I have contacted at least 3 different council's about various planning/ warrant applications only to be told by the allocated Planning or Building Control Officer that they weren't even aware they had been allocated the project. In one case the determination deadline had already passed.

Have also now discovered that every online application goes through a central server in Edinburgh which has no safety net for computer glitches or human error so in some cases updated drawings/ documents are never received by the council despite confirmation emails being sent.

Either way it was actually quite nice having a break form this thread until Manc tripped over it again with his size 6s

:stretcher:

Why don't we just all wait to see what happens in June...or alternatively speculate as to what the newly elected Aberdeen Council Planning team cancels/ reinstates in the traditional 5 year tit for tat battle with their predecessors?

I note the 'final' design for the Union terrace Gardens was released earlier this week........

• 2 weeks later...

YUP, by NIMBY cunts

The argument of stupid people. You can do better than that. Plenty of good reasons for postponing, and the club doesn't seem to be complaining. That's how things should work. Do your application correctly and provide all the detail, or be asked to come back with more.

The argument of stupid people. You can do better than that. Plenty of good reasons for postponing, and the club doesn't seem to be complaining. That's how things should work. Do your application correctly and provide all the detail, or be asked to come back with more.

Precisely, if the club provide the council with robust enough evidence then they'll have little choice but to approve.  It's still within it's programme time scales and the article i read said it could be delayed up to October.  Anything beyond then it will hit our programme.

hopefully this is for the best.  Gives the nimby's a bit more time to build their 50 foot high fences to protect them from all those horrible hooligans though  :thumbsup: