Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

New stadium thread

Kowalski

Bud........................thankfully I have better things to do with my day without grammar checking, spell checking posts on here.

Why people do it is a touch ironic given that a lot of folk in Aberdeen spik in some weird dialect that defies laws of English grammar

Hook, line and sinker!  :rofl:

We still pronounce the language infinitely better than the English who supposedly invented the language. Most of them can't pronounce Rs which is why many with English as a second language can't understand them.

Hook, line and sinker!  :rofl:

We still pronounce the language infinitely better than the English who supposedly invented the language. Most of them can't pronounce Rs which is why many with English as a second language can't understand them.

...or add an extra one to words like drawRing, which grates my teeth every time I hear it.

Apparently some event happening tonight called "Aurora" that some people have got an invite for. Derek McInnes, George Yule and Stewart Milne doing speeches to update on stadium progress, and everyone going will get a sneak peak into what the match day experience will be like in the new ground.

Apparently some event happening tonight called "Aurora" that some people have got an invite for. Derek McInnes, George Yule and Stewart Milne doing speeches to update on stadium progress, and everyone going will get a sneak peak into what the match day experience will be like in the new ground.

What they are going to spend ages waiting for a shuttle bus in the pissing rain then sit in a line of traffic?

'Aurora'

Sometimes referred to as polar lights or northern lights, is a natural light display in the sky, predominantly seen in the high latitude (Arctic and Antarctic) regions.

In Greek antiquity, auroras were classified as chasmata ('chasm') or for manifold colours, 'falling red flames' and 'daylight in the night'.

In the traditions of Aboriginal Australians, the Aurora Australis is commonly associated with fire.

My favourite thing about Aborigines is that they hate eating food or meals around other people or in the company of family.  Food is eaten in private under a tree or in the forest retreat.

However, they don't mind having a shit in front of other people.

The oldest living race of humans on the planet summed up in a way that could have been taken straight from the colonial invaders whilst they carried out their mass genocide.

Could you not think of anything relevant to the topic in hand or is the sort of stuff you usually pedal as you make your merry way to the stack of Daily Mails?

'Aurora'

Sometimes referred to as polar lights or northern lights, is a natural light display in the sky, predominantly seen in the high latitude (Arctic and Antarctic) regions.

In Greek antiquity, auroras were classified as chasmata ('chasm') or for manifold colours, 'falling red flames' and 'daylight in the night'.

In the traditions of Aboriginal Australians, the Aurora Australis is commonly associated with fire.

Are you telling folk fae Aberdeen what the Northern Lights are?  :laughing: Next you'll be popping down to Tannadice to sell them some sand, no doubt.

you know what, I really can't be arsed trawling through the shite that's been posted on the various threads, so where exactly do folk propose we build a new stadium?

Lets accept that Pittodrie is a non starter, the footprint of the stadium does not avail its self to a nice sparkly new all singing all dancing stadium.

So, what's the proposals by all the naysayers?

you know what, I really can't be arsed trawling through the shite that's been posted on the various threads, so where exactly do folk propose we build a new stadium?

Lets accept that Pittodrie is a non starter, the footprint of the stadium does not avail its self to a nice sparkly new all singing all dancing stadium.

So, what's the proposals by all the naysayers?

Aberdeen FC is Pittodrie Stadium.  Our home since 1903, the centre of our club based in Aberdeen.  Every imaginable strategy needs to be explored to keep our home at all costs.  No excuses.

Our history, core and spiritual centrepoint is Pittodrie that should be cherished, polished, treated with care and fostered and developed for future generations.

Our home should not become student flats.

Our club should not move outside Aberdeen to St Mirren Park II.

Pittodrie Stadium - Home of Aberdeen FC since 1903 where football has been played since 1899. 

Personally, the history of the club means everything to me - Pittodrie Stadium is everything and that is something that clowns like Milne will never understand.  Kingsford is a modern build cheap piece of rubbish that hopefully will get binned come October despite the like #aurora desperation campaign.

Oh, and I am also not interested in paying £30+ to watch SPL - which is what it will be at Kingsford.

Aberdeen FC, Pittodrie Stadium since 1903. 

NO KINGSFORD!!!