prick Young  :hammer:

Just spluttering about his "exclusive rumour" that there was going to be a banner calling for McGhee to be the next Dons manager........

Ultras unfurl their banners.  " Prove you want Europe"    and  " Come on you red"..

You could almost hear the disappointment in chick's voice.

DSC01647.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ally s

That has always been the most frustrating thing about JC, never learns from his mistakes. We all know we can't play 3-5-2?!? Why doesn't he!  :hammer: interesting read nonetheless.

He was quite right to stick to the 3-5-2 that got us a draw at Eater Rd imo.  He changed it after half time which again at least shows he does have a clue, although you wouldn't think it reading some of the comments on here.

Motherwell passed it about quite well first half but lacked any real bite up front.  We kept punting long balls down the flanks to nobody, Mulgrew was particularly guilty of that.

Second half we started a lot better and imo fully deserved the equaliser, were the better team in the second half until Considine got sent off.  Even with 10 men we still managed to cause them a few problems on the break and could have sneaked a winner, all in all a draw was a fair result.

Second half we started a lot better and imo fully deserved the equaliser, were the better team in the second half until Considine got sent off.  Even with 10 men we still managed to cause them a few problems on the break and could have sneaked a winner, all in all a draw was a fair result.

I must say, the radio commentary didn't give that impression at all! Before the game I probably would have taken a draw given our form, but it just appears that our team doesn't really give a fuck anymore (i know its difficult from making such a comment whilst not being at the game). All huffing and puffing and no end product. Our winless streak certainly hints at that, but I suppose at least we're not losing. Its just frustrating when teams around us are stalling, we appear to be unable to take advantage of it. Great finish from maguire though!

And re your point about 3-5-2, didn't hibs play with 2 up front? I thought it always made sense to have a spare defender to cope with an opposition team. But maybe thats just me. I'm not saying he's tactically inept, he just puzzles me.  :thumbsup:

I must say, the radio commentary didn't give that impression at all!

Yep it sounded to me that we got bent over the desk all afternoon and the stats back this up

Motherwell         Aberdeen

Goals :                 1            1

Possession :       58%           42%

Shots On Target : 5            3

Shots Off Target : 10            3

Corners :                  6                  4

Fouls :                12           15

Most Fouls : McGarry (3) Miller (3)

Yellow Cards : 0                    3

And re your point about 3-5-2, didn't hibs play with 2 up front? I thought it always made sense to have a spare defender to cope with an opposition team. But maybe thats just me. I'm not saying he's tactically inept, he just puzzles me.  :thumbsup:

I would say he's tactically inept.  Playing a back three against a team that plays three up front is suicidal, especially away from home.  You need at least one spare defender and unless you're desperate for a goal a holding midfielder as well.  

Guest ally s

Yep it sounded to me that we got bent over the desk all afternoon and the stats back this up

Motherwell         Aberdeen

Goals :                 1            1

Possession :       58%           42%

Shots On Target : 5            3

Shots Off Target : 10            3

Corners :                  6                  4

Fouls :                12           15

Most Fouls : McGarry (3) Miller (3)

Yellow Cards : 0                    3

I would say he's tactically inept.  Playing a back three against a team that plays three up front is suicidal, especially away from home.  You need at least one spare defender and unless you're desperate for a goal a holding midfielder as well.  

To say "we got bent over the desk all afternoon" would be too easy.  It's also rather silly to form an opinion of a match based on "stats". Other than Langfield's superb save at the end he didn't have all that much to do really. Motherwell certainly had more of the ball but as I've already said I thought we looked more menacing going forward in the 2nd half prior to the sending off.

Although I wouldn't say Calderwood is a tactical genius, (far from it), he's certainly not inept. We played a 3-5-2 against a Hibs team who at times were playing 4-2-4 and coped quite well. 

I think me and two of my friends might have bumped into Bebo`s dad coming out the ground.  Had been talking about what a great goal he scored and this guy crossing the road said to us;

"Yeah, well maybe some of the boo boys will get off my son`s back now."

I also met Scotty Brown of Celtic on my train home to Berwick-upon-Tweed.  One of his pals took a photo of us both and must say what a shy, polite and charming fella he is.  Was only a couple of minutes in his company but urged me to folllow him and his mates to their seats before taking the snap.  Just want to add to the lads I met at the station before I met S.B. please intoduce yourself I didn`t catch any of your names!

I think me and two of my friends might have bumped into Bebo`s dad coming out the ground.  Had been talking about what a great goal he scored and this guy crossing the road said to us;

"Yeah, well maybe some of the boo boys will get off my son`s back now."

Might just have been a rather optimistic father of Ricky Foster...

Guest ally s

Just want to add to the lads I met at the station before I met S.B. please intoduce yourself I didn`t catch any of your names!

:wave:

Just want to add to the lads I met at the station before I met S.B. please intoduce yourself I didn`t catch any of your names!

:thumbsup: I was the guy who pointed Brown out to you in the station.

Regards to the game, ally s is pretty much spot on with his assessment. We were more than capable of containing them for the middle section of the game and only felt wobbly in the opening 15 and final 20 when we went to 10 men. When Aluko was going at them and Maguire playing off Miller we looked dangerous. Motherwell were not impressive and didn't look anything like a 'form team'. As I have said before the most depressing thing was the lack of urgency across our team, the negative feeling in the team was palpable.