Saturday 19th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Aberdeen

total and utter embarrassment!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt really care what you or funster or the rest of the folk on here think. Guys like funster etc are fucking brilliant in real life but for some reason on here they feel the need to play to the crowd.

Like i said damned if you do damned if you dont, at least we had the bottle to try something when all those that said they would help out botttled it.

You lot are making more out of this then there was instead of looking at the real issue - why are we so far behind hearts and why arnt we playing in the scottish cup semi in a couple of weeks.

Surely if you cared about the club as much as you pretend to you would be able to answer that question.

We are closer to the bottom of the league then we are the top - that just aint right.

I don't know what's more embarrassing.. this "protest" or the way minijc and other "protesters" are desperately clutching at straws to find something to hold against TF and others who deplored them.  ::)

I would have thought getting put out of the cup by lower league opposition for the third year in a row myself but each to their own.

I see JC now saying in the Retard today that cup exit means the club has not got the cash to offer Smith and Mair new deals.

I would have thought getting put out of the cup by lower league opposition for the third year in a row myself but each to there own.

I see JC now saying in the Retard today that cup exit means the club has not got the cash to offer Smith and Mair new deals.

Is that what thats about, I seen that on BBC Gossip.

Stoney i think i can answer your questions.

1. Why arent we playing in the scottish cup semi final in a couple of weeks?

A. Dunfermline knocked us out of the scottish cup a few weeks back

2. Why are we so far behind hearts?

A. Hearts have more points than us.

hope this helps, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

regards,

Edinburghdon

;D

You stalked him for a couple of days?  ???

No, just for about 6 hours or so. Everybody who recognised him was pleasant enough to him, and he was more thn happy to talk to anyone about anything.

Stoney i think i can answer your questions.

1. Why arent we playing in the scottish cup semi final in a couple of weeks?

A. Dunfermline knocked us out of the scottish cup a few weeks back

2. Why are we so far behind hearts?

A. Hearts have more points than us.

hope this helps, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

regards,

Edinburghdon

;D

Some of those words have more than 2 syllables in them, you should maybe help explain what they mean

8)

I don't think we are "so far" behind Hearts. We have seen swings of much more than 5-points in the SPL post-split due to it being a crazy league format. But the reason for the gap - I'd put it down to Hearts spending a lot more on wages and having a bigger squad. This will not be the case next year as their £50 million debt catches up with them.

Cup defeat - for whatever reason the team failed to kill off the game in the first leg. Second game failed to break down a team that came to sit in and play for penalties.  I don't think the cup losses are easy to explain. There is a problem with our cup performances - and not just against lower league opposition. Is it worth sacking the manager for? I'm nae sure, I'd rather see consistent league performances and some Euro games for the next couple of years and see how the debt looks after that. The stadium is going to be the big issue affecting the club in the next 2 years and we're going to need all the money we can get. I don't think sacking the boss will have a positive impact on finances.

This is true although 5 point swing is not impossible the way we are playing just now makes it tricky - had we won one of the motherwell / hibs games would put us in good shape for a wee go at hearts. This is true hearts do have a much bigger wage bill then us but if you look at them over the games against us this season i dont think they are a better team.

I think we have an excellent side and its always been my beef with calderwood that he doesnt see the potential for great things up here.

Since Jan 2007 he has been scared to get beat and if you want to be succesful you have to take risks, which if you look at his best results - its games where we have had to win.

This is true although 5 point swing is not impossible the way we are playing just now makes it tricky - had we won one of the motherwell / hibs games would put us in good shape for a wee go at hearts. This is true hearts do have a much bigger wage bill then us but if you look at them over the games against us this season i dont think they are a better team.

I think we have an excellent side and its always been my beef with calderwood that he doesnt see the potential for great things up here.

Since Jan 2007 he has been scared to get beat and if you want to be succesful you have to take risks, which if you look at his best results - its games where we have had to win.

:ooh:

Very good post that!?

Have yourself a +1

Can't say a word against that!  :thumbsup: I think that could be one of the problems within the SPL as a whole though, not many teams if any, are willing to take risks on the pitch, hence the negative football. I agree, had we won one of those games, we would be in a far stronger position. But football is a funny old game. The problem is, and I worry about this, is that Jimmy will not want us to lose 4th spot, so will be quite restrained  :-\

Can't say a word against that!  :thumbsup: I think that could be one of the problems within the SPL as a whole though, not many teams if any, are willing to take risks on the pitch, hence the negative football. I agree, had we won one of those games, we would be in a far stronger position. But football is a funny old game. The problem is, and I worry about this, is that Jimmy will not want us to lose 4th spot, so will be quite restrained  :-\

But that then leads to a pretty big question?

Would you want us to go all guns blazing to try and reach 3rd and risk finishing 5th, or would you rather we just sat in and stuck it out in 4th?

Personally, i'd like us to try for 3rd.

Would you want us to go all guns blazing to try and reach 3rd and risk finishing 5th, or would you rather we just sat in and stuck it out in 4th?

Always aim for the best you can get, which in this case is 3rd.

Agree yourself and BB, you need to aim high. I actually thought about this myself, and I actually think that surely we've been craving for attacking football, that its worth a shot. We've shown we can do it, I mean we played Celtic off the park, we should in theory be able to do it to anyone, if we just show a bit of endeavor and confidence.

Its the old, if you don't try, you won't succeed scenario.