Final five fixtures

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1170165

Jimmy ready for top six fixtures

By Charlie Allan750.gif

Published: 15/04/2009

HAPPY: Jimmy Calderwood.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC boss Jimmy Calderwood today admitted he does not care if the SPL don’t play fair with their fixture list this year.

The Old Firm have already been told their final clash of the season will take place on Saturday, May 9.

But the rest of the top flight have to sweat until Sunday before finding out where and when they are going to be playing their final five fixtures.

Aberdeen FC should be served up with visits to Rangers and Dundee United as well as home clashes against Celtic, Hearts and either Hibs or Motherwell.

But Calderwood knows there is a chance the Dons could yet be handed an extra away game, as has happened in the past.

The Dons boss insisted that would have no real impact on their bid to qualify for next season’s Europa League.

Calderwood said: “It doesn’t really worry me because we will be attempting to win every game anyway.’’

For more on this story, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express or check back later.

Haha thats the spirit Mizer ;)

I really enjoy the day out to Tannadice, its just been a pity that we haven't had a result for ages. Still remember the last win like yesterday, junkies threatening to stab the conductor on the train, team collapsing and playing awful, fuck up by Combe allowing Crawford to score  :o, crawford scores again  :o :o falling into the row behind celebrating, Nichol scores to make it 3-2 and fallinig into the row infront gashing my leg open  - but what a comeback!

Yep - absolutely ridiculous.

I think we have a good chance at Utd away... it was those two awful defensive mistakes that lost us the game there last November. Our defence has been much better of late. It'll still be a difficult task but we'll do it... otherwise it'll be a dull draw.

Hopefully now they have that independent company involved with sorting fixtures, it will be as fair as it possibly can be.  :-\

See, I'm probably more worried about the Arabs game than the others. We are prone to mistakes at Tannalice, and whats more important is, they seem to have the knack of scoring late goals there.

I think we can win at Ibrox....is that overly optimistic ?

Are we not supposed to get the rub because we have been top six last season. Is it not the new boys who get shafted in the fixtures ?

Motherwell look more likely to get top six so we should get 3 home and 2 away. Most important thing is we get Hearts at Pittodrie and if we get Motherwell then it gives us a good chance at 3 points too.

Are we not supposed to get the rub because we have been top six last season. Is it not the new boys who get shafted in the fixtures ?

Motherwell look more likely to get top six so we should get 3 home and 2 away. Most important thing is we get Hearts at Pittodrie and if we get Motherwell then it gives us a good chance at 3 points too.

I think someone on MAD alluded to that yesterday. Saying that it will be Hibs that will get shafted and we'll get 19/19 or something like that. But he did also have it that the Huns would play more away than the Tims so thats where I thought there was a flaw in his logic.

No, it's gonna happen, I discussed it earlier with a poster on a certain other site..

Last day of the season Hearts v Utd and Us v Huns at Ibrox.

If Hearts & Utd draw, we finish 5th, they're both in Europe UNLESS we win at Ibrox, then we get 3rd.

I'm still working on the finer details in this dream, but I think a late Darren Mackie goal to take us into europe would be ideal  :thumbsup:

No, it's gonna happen, I discussed it earlier with a poster on a certain other site..

Last day of the season Hearts v Utd and Us v Huns at Ibrox.

If Hearts & Utd draw, we finish 5th, they're both in Europe UNLESS we win at Ibrox, then we get 3rd.

I'm still working on the finer details in this dream, but I think a late Darren Mackie goal to take us into europe would be ideal  :thumbsup:

A finer detail might be to stop them winning the league also  ;)

think someone on MAD alluded to that yesterday. Saying that it will be Hibs that will get shafted and we'll get 19/19 or something like that. But he did also have it that the Huns would play more away than the Tims so thats where I thought there was a flaw in his logic.

Surely Hearts are the 'new boys' to top 6 ?

Apparently if Motherwell make Top 6 then Celtic have to go to Tynecastle again which makes 3 times - canny see them relishing that

According to one of my mates who support the tattie munchers there is supposedly talk of them going to Fir Park again if Well make.

I wouldnt mind extra away games if we got the Huns or Utd at home again. Im just hoping the midweek post split game is at home as i'm supposed to have an exam the next day :hammer:.