Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Celtic v Aberdeen

Very bad news Diamond out for the rest of season. Smith injured again confirms my previous thoughts that he should be offered a heavily weighted contract to get paid when he plays with low basic, albeit agree thanks for the memories, but we really can't afford you anymore. Apparently Young injured and out for a few weeks too?  :-\

Still all to play for as has been said, with arabs and jambos losing 2 points we'd have expected them to get. Arabs also had Dixon sent off.

C'mon ewe reds!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we're 2 points better off then i'm sure anybody thought we'd be right now?

Also, Diamond out the rest of the season, SURELY means Seve will play in defence the rest of the season.

And Smith out? He hadn't got back to any sort of form yet, so no real loss.

3rd place? Why not?

Can't say I share your optimism, but fuck it, why not eh! It could have been a lot worse today (our performance aside), but it wasn't. I think fourth place is achievable, but until we start winning and LSC start losing, I think 3rd is out of the question.

Never noticed Smith had come off.

Scott McDonald was a joke yesterday. Should of been sent off after writhing in pain, noticed Seve wasnt booked and finger waving in the refs face before and after the FK was taken.

Thought Foster had ANOTHER good game yesterday, thats 2 in a row in my opinion. Considine was quite good too. Why was Kerr not playing?

McKimmie in the EE was wrong about us not going to miss Miller. We missed his hold up play as Bebo, who did put in a reasonable shift, couldnt handle up front on his own

Scott McDonald was a joke yesterday. Should of been sent off after writhing in pain, noticed Seve wasnt booked and finger waving in the refs face before and after the FK was taken.

Thought Foster had ANOTHER good game yesterday, thats 2 in a row in my opinion. Considine was quite good too. Why was Kerr not playing?

McKimmie in the EE was wrong about us not going to miss Miller. We missed his hold up play as Bebo, who did put in a reasonable shift, couldnt handle up front on his own

Kerr was ill yesterday. We really missed him yesterday. Foster didn't do anything wrong yesterday and it was always going to be tough for Bebo. Considine was quite lucky I think it was in the second half, not to concede a FK/or penalty I thought, but the stream kept jumping so couldn't really tell. We got a free kick from it :D

Apparently JC was saying after the game that he didn't want Scott Convict to be sent off because it would ruin the game? Anyone hear this?

Aye think its time jamie started packing his bags, its sad because on form he's one of the most talented players in the league and im positive he will come back to haunt us at some point.  Can see him going to hibs if he does leave.  Losing zander is a massive blow and sad as it is to say i think both injuries  will call time on our push for europe.  i just cant see us being tight enough at the back to get the needed results. Didnt hear any post match comments but if it wouldn't surprise me from calderwood Manc don

I think I will now ask this question again. Why did we allow JDV to go in January? Surely with the squad threadbare as it was at the time, it makes even less sense now? Could have done with him. I have no doubt he would have added more to the team than Smith did in those weeks he actually played.

McKimmie isn't necessarily wrong (he probably is though), the manager picks the side and the tactics and I don't think many of us would have picked maguire as a lone front man. that could be described as a bit silly, or just fucking farcical, depending on who you ask...

I'd loathe to criticise Maguire on this occassion (same as yourself obviously), and I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy, he was on a hiding to nothing yesterday.

I think I will now ask this question again. Why did we allow JDV to go in January? Surely with the squad threadbare as it was at the time, it makes even less sense now? Could have done with him. I have no doubt he would have added more to the team than Smith did in those weeks he actually played.

The worst part was he was finally putting in some decent performances.  I always quite liked JDV, never understood why JC never played him especially as you say when smith is contributing very little due to injury

Indeed, he was one of the few footballers in the team. Just a shame he didn't have much pace about him, though if I recall, was he not playing quite well and actually getting a game at the time of leaving? Coincidence with our slide in form maybe? ;)

Indeed, he was one of the few footballers in the team. Just a shame he didn't have much pace about him, though if I recall, was he not playing quite well and actually getting a game at the time of leaving? Coincidence with our slide in form maybe? ;)

Indeed. I think we were a better side with both JDV and Touzani in there, and yet both were sold just as they were becoming consistently good players for us.

Indeed. I think we were a better side with both JDV and Touzani in there, and yet both were sold just as they were becoming consistently good players for us.

To me that sums us up over the past couple of years. Two players, which I wanted to do really well for us, and whom most of us knew were good players and we would need in the future. I know its all if's and buts, but I really do feel that JDV would be a better option than young on the right. JC harped on for ages about not having any wingers, we finally get two, and he gets shot of one when he finally gives him a run in the team.

Weird that, 3 occassions i've truly been frustrated with JC with regards to players and all 3 have been Dutch. Bodde, Touzani and de Visscher.

I remember the hearts game roundabout christmas my mate said it was starting to get embarassing how much JDV was taking the hearts full back to the cleaners.  Both were classy players (relative to the league they were playing in) who had the ability to put their foot on the ball and pick a pass.  Both in the infinite wisdom of mr calderwood were rarely used.  i never understood why.