Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

EE: Jimmy’s winning formula for Aberdeen FC

Kowalski

Jimmy’s winning formula for Aberdeen FC

Aberdeen FC boss targets four wins from five

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 20/04/2009

ABERDEEN FC boss Jimmy Calderwood today set his men a target of four wins from their last five SPL games to make Europe.

A 2-0 defeat by Celtic in Glasgow saw Aberdeen FC slip to fifth in the SPL and extended their recent run to just three wins in their last 12 league outings.

A 4-2 home win over Celtic in January is also Aberdeen FC’s only triumph over any of the sides who have made the top six over that period.

Aberdeen FC manager Calderwood admitted they are now going to have to throw the form book out of the window and beat four of the top six if they want to guarantee a return to Europe.

The Aberdeen FC gaffer said: “Third place is still our aim and that will probably mean winning all three home games and at least one of the two away ones.

“It’s massive task, but it’s one we are going to have to take on if we are to get some reward from this season.â€

For more on this story, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express or check back later.

Where exactly is the 'winning formula' mentioned in the headline?

I see no mention of crippling the opposing teams best striker, midfielder, defender and goalie

Scoring more goals than they do

Or no-one talking to the press about how much 'they are up for it'

Some twat pays this man a wage? :hammer:

[kkk]Why only 4. He should be aiming to win every game. Not good enough. JMG! [\kkk]

I actually agree with that. You should aim to win every game. Whether or not that is actually achievable is a completely different matter, and one that we know is highly unlikely. We'll be lucky to get one win the way we are playing at the moment. It does concern me highly that we have no beaten a top 6 team since Smeltic. Pull your finger out JC and get these fuckers motivated!

Guest ally s

I actually agree with that. You should aim to win every game. Whether or not that is actually achievable is a completely different matter, and one that we know is highly unlikely. We'll be lucky to get one win the way we are playing at the moment. It does concern me highly that we have no beaten a top 6 team since Smeltic. Pull your finger out JC and get these fuckers motivated!

Do you really think that?

I'd be looking at us winning all our home games tbh, I can see us taking at least a point off Utd too :thumbsup:

Do you really think that?

I'd be looking at us winning all our home games tbh, I can see us taking at least a point off Utd too :thumbsup:

I said it a few months back, and I stand by it (caley game aside) I have no idea where our next win is going to come from with the way we are playing. Saturday was pathetic. Our form against the top 6 has been diabolical since January so I'm praying that the form books do go out the window as we're certainly underdogs in most of our games. In saying that, I do expect to beat Hibs though, but i'm just not overly confident. Hopefully we'll get this last gasp charge we've been waiting for though.  :-\

Guest ally s

I said it a few months back, and I stand by it (caley game aside) I have no idea where our next win is going to come from with the way we are playing. Saturday was pathetic. Our form against the top 6 has been diabolical since January so I'm praying that the form books do go out the window as we're certainly underdogs in most of our games. In saying that, I do expect to beat Hibs though, but i'm just not overly confident. Hopefully we'll get this last gasp charge we've been waiting for though.  :-\

We normally finish the season quite strongly and I fancy us to do so again.  We haven't lost at home since October I don't think it'd be too much to expect 7 points at least from our 3 home matches.

Dundee Utd have looked pretty shaky of late so imo there's never been a better chance of picking up a win at Tannandice.

We may not have been playing fantastically well but I don't think there's any doubt we are a hard team to beat whether we're on our game or not.

Keep the faith dude. :AFC2: :AFC2:

We normally finish the season quite strongly and I fancy us to do so again.  We haven't lost at home since October I don't think it'd be too much to expect 7 points at least from our 3 home matches.

Dundee Utd have looked pretty shaky of late so imo there's never been a better chance of picking up a win at Tannandice.

We may not have been playing fantastically well but I don't think there's any doubt we are a hard team to beat whether we're on our game or not.

Keep the faith dude. :AFC2: :AFC2:

Thanks man :)  But the Arabs at home seem to have the ability to score late on. Which worries me. But as I said, I'm hoping for that last gasp charge! Fingers crossed Jimmy can finally pull something out the tombola that works!

Stand Free!

:ultras:

We should be aiming to win all 5, but presumably won't bother at ibrox as per usual.

We should aim for that, unfortunately in reality it will be a minor miracle to win the 3 home games never mind anything else. 

We haven't won at Ibrox since Maguire was in nappies and haven't won in Tannadice since Harry Potter appeared on the scene (I think), so to have any chance of 3rd (stop laughing at the back) we need to beat the tims.....oh well.