Stuff wot i found on teh internetz

Guest Nellie The Don

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive watched this a number of times and whilst i find it amusing the thing that is niggling at me is how desparate the boy was to get back on the train.

If Id been chucked off like that the last thing Id do would be to try to get back on particularly in such an aggressive (or desparate way).

I hope he was just a we ned who wasnt used to people taking action but at the same time I hope we dont see a news story in a couple of days of some boy turning up on a back road to Polmont with his throat cut

Probe after passenger throws fare-dodger off train

An investigation has been launched after a fare-dodger was hauled off a train by a passenger who stepped in to help the conductor.

The incident on the Edinburgh to Perth train was filmed and has received more than 300,000 hits on YouTube.

The footage, taken by a passenger on Friday, shows a youth refusing to pay for his ticket or get off the train.

A big man then gets up, grabs the youth and appears to throw him onto the platform at Linlithgow, West Lothian.

The man then twice stops the teenager getting back on the train before returning to his seat to a round of applause from passengers.

A ScotRail spokeswoman, said: "While we welcome the public's support of our zero-tolerance stance on anti-social behaviour, our staff are trained in conflict management and we do not expect members of the public to take matters into their own hands.

"We are investigating the incident, which appears to show a person travelling without a valid ticket, refusing to pay for the journey, and swearing at a staff member in full view of customers."

A British Transport Police spokesman, said: "We are aware of the YouTube video and our inquiries are ongoing.

"British Transport Police did not receive a complaint from anyone on the train at the time the incident is believed to have taken place."

He shouldn't have had to. The guy ticket guy dealt with the situation very badly. he should have resolved it by calling the police and having the young lad lifted when they arrived at the station. The public shouldn't have to break the law in such a manner.

Right enough.

He shouldn't have had to. The guy ticket guy dealt with the situation very badly. he should have resolved it by calling the police and having the young lad lifted when they arrived at the station. The public shouldn't have to break the law in such a manner.

That was possibly the next step as the the conductor boy got the train to stop at the station and it wasn't going to leave until the guy got off the train.  I don't have a passenger losing patience with the situation.