Stuff wot i found on teh internetz

Guest Nellie The Don

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't have had to. The ticket guy dealt with the situation very badly. he should have resolved it by calling the police and having the young lad lifted when they arrived at the station. The public shouldn't have to break the law in such a manner.

Police have charged a man with assault after an alleged fare-dodger was removed from a train by a passenger.

Mobile phone recordings by a passenger on board the Edinburgh to Perth train on 9 December have been viewed by more than one million people on You Tube.

It appears to show a 'Big Man' throwing a teenager off a train after the youth argued with a ticket inspector.

British Transport Police said a 35-year-old man from Stirling had been charged with assault.

The man is understood to be Alan Pollock.

Meanwhile the student accused of fare dodging, 19-year-old Sam Mains from Falkirk, has been reported to the procurator fiscal.

He has been reported under Section 38 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Act Scotland, and in connection with an allegation of trespass.

Staggering. Twice in 3 days last week I was the subject of an attempted pickpocketing in Barcelona. Twice I stopped, stood still in a moving crowd and eyeballed the cunt. Twice, eye-contact was averted. They really don't want to be seen and twice they skulked off skilfully, both turning back from whence we had all come. After the second time, we were back at the local bar opposite our hotel and I asked what would have happened if I'd battered into a thief. Not that I would have, both times they were working in at least pairs and the first time, the escalator got stopped and there could have been a whole gang of them. Apparently, unless they've stolen a minimum of €400, you can't confront them physically. I don't know the exact rules but unless they've SUCCEEDED in removing four hunner fae you was one criteria and the locals thought it was all nuts.

Just like Fred the Shred and his ilk should have been slammed into the slammer, a fare-dodger should have been taught a lesson and a pickpocket should get a fucking good hiding. Confronters of fare-dodgers, pickpockets and other assorted social scum getting prosecuted is insane although the reasons behind all this is an interesting debate. Jerry Sadowitz is right. The world, and Britain in particular, is turning gay.

What a disgrace!

I can remember not so long ago when the police were in trouble for beating, and in some cases killing, peaceful protesters.  Now they've got to stand back and watch while a bunch of fucking 'rioters' burn cars and buildings.  And now some bloke who gives a disruptive teen on a train a clip round the ear gets charged?

This country is Governed (and policed) by a bunch of fucking tree hugging softy lefty lesbian loving benders.  We're not even allowed to call Christmas 'Christmas' any more because some fucking homo politician thinks it might offend the Mussies.

Well they can ram their fucking Winter festivals up their arses.

Happy Christmas you cunts.

+1, you know you want to.  ;)

Good on The Big Man.

Love it when he spins him around and looks him right in the eye before powerslamming him off the train.

Someone should rename it "Big Man v. tom_widdows".

Are you suggesting im stupid enough to get on a train without money or means to pay for a ticket should it be required? or that I drink alcohol and am prone to giving abuse to public sector workers carrying out their duty?

Finding and exploiting loopholes or failings in a system is one thing. Blatant stealing is another. 

Are you suggesting im stupid enough to get on a train without money or means to pay for a ticket should it be required? or that I drink alcohol and am prone to giving abuse to public sector workers carrying out their duty?

Finding and exploiting loopholes or failings in a system is one thing. Blatant stealing is another.

;)

I can remember not so long ago when the police were in trouble for beating, and in some cases killing, peaceful protesters.  Now they've got to stand back and watch while a bunch of fucking 'rioters' burn cars and buildings.  And now some bloke who gives a disruptive teen on a train a clip round the ear gets charged?

This country is Governed (and policed) by a bunch of fucking tree hugging softy lefty lesbian loving benders.  We're not even allowed to call Christmas 'Christmas' any more because some fucking homo politician thinks it might offend the Mussies.

So we should let the Police beat folk up and kill them, and let citizens take the law into their own hands?

Have you been hanging out with Caledonia and his friend?

Mate sent me a web link for a more than interesting article. Whilst browsing through some other stuff on the site, one guy was saying how he is so "haunted" by the prospect of wasting time that he drew out a grid, 52 x 80 and he coloured in his weeks to date and once a week, coloured in another square.... predictably so.

How stupid is Ian, one of the replies/responses to the blog?

>>>

Ian

Anywhere that I can get a copy of that notebook square so I can make my own version and track my 'remaining days'?

Awesome site. Just awesome.

POSTED ON 05:36AM ON APRIL 03, 2009 [PERMALINK]

>>>

Anyone who is unable to use pencil and paper to create a 52 x 80 is too moronic to help. It's great how US citizens can continue to lower the bars.

• 2 weeks later...