Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Speculation and mathematics time

Ajja

No harm in a bit of optimism Ajja, and I admire you for it, but we have been pish all year and fallen at every fence/gate we've faced.

I'm fed up trying to kid myself on that some sort of miracle is gonnna take place.

I find it hard to see us beating the Hibees, never mind getting anything at Ibrox.

We will do well to keep it to 2-0 on Saturday I reckon. Can just see us handing them a right big boost and taking a total shellacking. Not cos of some of the conspiracy theories re JC that my Celtic minded work colleagues have proposed (they still havenae forgiven him for Dunfermline 'lying down'), but just because we are useless at the moment whenever the chance to do 'something' presents itself (and preventing the Gers from winning the league counts as 'something' to me!).

I also believe that Utd are capable of beating Hearts never mind drawing.

We are already dead. We just don't know it yet.

:

EDIT: Would be abso-fucking-lutely delighted to be proved wrong, of course!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too much arith-mathematics to comprehend for my tiny little brain-box.

It's like watching Scotland attempting to get to the knockout stages of the World Cup.

Albeit a shite version of Scotland.

I'll simplify it then.

SATURDAY

Hearts beat UTD

We don't get totally horsed by Huns

NEXT SUNDAY

We beat Hibs by a few

UTD lose at home to huns

DONE AND DUSTED. I appreciate there is very little reason for optimism (Stubo) but you have to also agree that the set of outcomes required is neither complicated  ::) or is it highly improbable. While those circumstances exist I will keep my dander up. COYR.

I had a dream last night that the Dons went two nil up with Tommy Wright curling the ball in before the Dons couldn't hold on and had to settle for a 2 all draw.

I would quite happily take that if offered beforehand!

I'll simplify it then.

SATURDAY

Hearts beat UTD

We don't get totally horsed by Huns

NEXT SUNDAY

We beat Hibs by a few

UTD lose at home to huns

DONE AND DUSTED. I appreciate there is very little reason for optimism (Stubo) but you have to also agree that the set of outcomes required is neither complicated  ::) or is it highly improbable. While those circumstances exist I will keep my dander up. COYR.

get the sneaky suspiscion that we will lose out on goal difference again a la 2004-05

I'm still holding out for third.

A long overdue win for us at Ibrox, Hearts and Utd draw at Tynecastle.

We pump hibs on the last day while the OF take care of the other two.

Home and dry, dust off the passport, GIRFUY ya dundee minks.

Easy.  :thumbsup:

I'm still holding out for third.

As was I until Tuesday night.

Now I want us and United to get through, which can only happen if they get 3rd and we take 4th.*

Also, it means we'll get an extra round in europe  :thumbsup:

Where'd I put my passport again?

* I think

I've read my post three times now and I'm still struggling to see where I'm trying to be funny about it.  I was merely playing it through to show where I was coming from.

But I bow to your superior knowledge of how everything works behind the closed doors of Pittodrie.  Maybe you should tell JC he's an arsehole on a grand, grand scale the next time you're in there snooping around.

Personally I'd have thought "hundreds of pounds" was "peanuts" for professional football players so that's why I opted for hard currency rather than monkey feed.  So I find it difficult to imagine a player who wanted to stay at the club, driving himself out of a job over such a trivial amount.  Regardless of who is handling the money.

If it's not hundreds then we're £199 or less every month.  I've met Mikey on a number of occasions (friend of a friend) and he's far from being the sharpest tool in the box.  But I'll be fucked if I'm swallowing that.

It could all well be true mind you, as I said I'm quite happy to be corrected on this.  Maybe it's just sheer pig headedness that won't let me believe my club is being managed as badly as that.

Snooping around?  Cracker.

Say it to JC's face? Didn't you know no-one says anything negative to JC's face?  ::)

I also said peanuts a week, not a month. They were basically arguing over £50 a week. Again, just read the words that are on the screen in front of you.

EDIT: by all means, you do not have to believe any of this and I can understand your point about a player wanting to stay quibbling over such a small amount of money, but this was more down to receiving parity with his peers, which happens in all sorts of jobs and is in no way exclusive to professional footballers.

EDIT: by all means, you do not have to believe any of this and I can understand your point about a player wanting to stay quibbling over such a small amount of money, but this was more down to receiving parity with his peers, which happens in all sorts of jobs and is in no way exclusive to professional footballers.

Course it is bud, but I've been in that situation and even then when I was pissed off with not getting a fair deal I doubt if I'd have walked over not matching up to £50 a week and doing myself out of a job.

Let alone having to move house, city and life over the heads of it.

But hey ho.