Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Scum vs Aberdeen

why no thread

Was dreading this game, but the closer it gets the more I am looking forward to it (having said that if it all goes Pete Tong I'm getting the fuck out of dodge well before the final whistle).

Anyway still tickets available....that once in each of the last 2 seasons we've failed to sell out our pitiful Ibrox allocation, and while understandable is a tad sad.

Ticket InfoAberdeen fans at Ibrox

Please note there are still a few Aberdeen tickets left for this game. For more information call 01224 63 1903

Lets get torn about them:

Saturday 16 May Rangers v Aberdeen kick off 12.30pm

Jimmy Calderwood spoke to David Ridd and RedTV at lunchtime and started by giving the team news. "Smith's out and Kerr's back. Smith's out for the season although it doesn't look as bad as we first thought. Young, Diamond and Mackie are out for rest of the season and we may get Considine and Wright back for the last game of the season. Peter Pawlett also got a wee injury in the reserve game yesterday so he will have a fitness test tomorrow and we'll see how that goes.

"I don't think Rangers will start the game on Saturday like they did against Hibs, I think they will want to put us under a lot of pressure from the off and hopefully get a few goals.

"It's going to be a cauldron on Saturday and with all the games I've been to, outwith Rangers Celtic, I don't think there's a game in the SPL that comes close to Rangers Aberdeen.The crowd and the atmosphere just feels different. The boys will tell you that they can't hear me shouting from the sideline, they probably think that's a good thing, but the noise levels are just immense. It's up to the players on the pitch to take command of the situation and keep pushing on.

"We obviously play first before the Hearts United game and I think it would shake a few feathers were we to get anything from the game at Ibrox. I think all the pressure is on Rangers, they have to win the game. A draw for us and there's still hope but I think if they were to draw then it would not be good for them.

"I think we have played well there recently but we've just not been getting the breaks.Last time they got a scrappy goal after us defending too deep.I think we could have won games down there so I don't get overly concerned about our poor record but Ibrox is the only SPL stadium which I've not won at and I would love to get that changed this weekend. I know how much it would mean to the fans.

"Sooner or later your luck is going to change but we have to believe in ourselves. We know it's going to be a whirlwind coming at us in the first 15/20 minutes but that may well be stopped if they get caught with a bit of pace at the back."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't have minded going to this game, but can't afford to take the time out/money to the orcs just now. Shame really. I am quite nervous about it and I just hope it isn't a mauling. I would be more than happy with a draw, despite it possibly putting the final nail in the coffin for our Euro hopes.

Wouldn't have minded going to this game, but can't afford to take the time out/money to the orcs just now. Shame really. I am quite nervous about it and I just hope it isn't a mauling. I would be more than happy with a draw, despite it possibly putting the final nail in the coffin for our Euro hopes.

Ticket InfoAberdeen fans at Ibrox

Please note there are still a few Aberdeen tickets left for this game. For more information call 01224 63 1903

:thumbsup:

I feel this game could go any way, we are very unpredictable in these circumstances. Realistically, I think a draw is the best we can hope for but suspect a comfortable win for the hun is on the cards.

:

Its more of a money thing. I'm gonna have to spend at least £500 on my degree show. So food is basically the only non architectural thing I can buy at the moment :(

Fuck the huns. COME ON YOU REDS

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

Ya stingy bastard  :wave:

Haggle with the printer people. Theres nothing like haggling when yer under severe stress and the bastards keep saying things like 'ooh no son, we couldnt possibly print all that today.'

Good luck with is all chief

Was just thinking tonight that for the last two seasons we have gubbed the scum at the end of the campaign. Two years ago we nailed them to clinch Europe and last season it was to stop them from winning the league.

If other results went a certain way this weekend (ie Hearts thump UTD and Celtic beat Hibs) then we could win at Ibrox and be in a great position for Europe AND lose them the league. It would also be nice to make sure of that before UTD get the chance next week.

I almost wet myself just typing that. COYR  :ultras: :ultras:

Was just thinking tonight that for the last two seasons we have gubbed the scum at the end of the campaign. Two years ago we nailed them to clinch Europe and last season it was to stop them from winning the league.

If other results went a certain way this weekend (ie Hearts thump UTD and Celtic beat Hibs) then we could win at Ibrox and be in a great position for Europe AND lose them the league. It would also be nice to make sure of that before UTD get the chance next week.

I almost wet myself just typing that. COYR  :ultras: :ultras:

I'm glad the normal Ajja returned. I didn't like the one that posted earlier in the thread :D Positive Ajja is much better  :thumbsup: Have had those same thoughts, but I am trying not to get excited about it, because they invariably let us down. But fuck it, Lets get into these cunts! COME ON YOU REDS!

TW, Cheers pal, its gonna be a fun two weeks for me :(....

But, Exit Festival to look forward to :D  :wino::intheclub::dance::beers:

Jimmy starts the call for a day of endings at Ibrox

aberdeen bid to halt 18-year govan misery – and also rangers title hopes

By Michael Gannon

Published: 16/05/2009

BLUE CAULDRON: Jimmy Calderwood loves the atmosphere

More Pictures

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood is determined to silence Ibrox today and end the Dons’ miserable record in Govan – along with Rangers’ title hopes.  :haterangers:

The Dons need at least a point in Glasgow this lunchtime to keep alive their faint hopes of qualifying for the Europa League – while the Light Blues are behind championship rivals Celtic on goal difference.

Aberdeen have not won at Ibrox since 1991 and it remains the only top-flight ground where Calderwood has failed to taste victory in his managerial career.

He said: “I have been to Rangers games and against all of the rest of them outside Celtic and the atmosphere is nowhere near an Aberdeen game.

“Ibrox is a totally different stadium when we are there. It is an absolute cauldron.

“My players love it because they cannot hear me shouting at them.

“But it is a brilliant atmosphere and it is up to the players to deal with it. It will be a whirlwind start because Rangers need goals, but, hopefully, we can ride it out.

“The pressure is all on them.

“A draw for us might end up being enough but it could mean the league is all over for them.

“We have gone close a few times over the years so maybe we are due a result.â€

Aberdeen’s European rivals Hearts and Dundee United meet at Tynecastle later today. If the Dons go down to Rangers, a draw in the capital would freeze Aberdeen out with a game to go.

Calderwood said: “We are playing first and we could ruffle a few feathers in Edinburgh if we can get a result.

“All we can do is hope it is still alive going into the last day against Hibs.â€

Calderwood will be without Darren Mackie, Tommy Wright, Zander Diamond, Derek Young, Andrew Considine and Jamie Smith, who has been linked with a summer move to Toronto.

Peter Pawlett is a doubt but Mark Kerr returns from suspension.

This duck needs to be broken. Now is the time. COME ON EEEEWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE REDS!

:AFC2::haterangers: :haterangers: :haterangers::AFC2:

Still. Pawlett's strike! Awesome, instinctive effort. Almost Jess-like instincts. Mackie would've ballooned that effort. I've been impressed with the 1st half. We gave a good account of ourselves defensively and in midfield, and have had sprinkled the huns goal with a few shots too.

Lets hope for the same effort in the 2nd half

can't believe those dirty bastards moaning at the ref as they go off at half time . :haterangers:

I know I have been going fucking mental at the tv

Mulgrew should have stamped on Lafferty's head as he went off that would have given the cheating wee bastard somthing to greet about