Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Offended?

SeeBass

Just want to clear something up.  I`m writing a story about the day the book came out the night we played Bayern at Pittodrie.  I`m discussing some of the people I met along the way during our European adventure.  Especially a guy I met after the Lokomotiv Moscow match in the Youth Hostel.  He was a Rangers fan who had attended the match against the Russian`s and claimed he was hoping to go to every Scottish ground supporting the "home team" and was heading for Arbroath Vs Montrose that following Saturday afternoon.  I wrote the following about this particular incident.

"If the The Red Ultra`s had found out there was a Castle Greyskull spy defacing Jimmy Calderwood`s tactics he might have been lynched to death.  Just don`t do these type of things when footballing rivalries are involved."

This was my attempt to show a bit of humour at the situation because I know some of you might not have been so understanding. If anyone is offended please let me know and I`ll change it.

Cheers!

I don't know what I find more offensive, your attempt at humour or your attempt at prose.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That writing is up there with 'The play what I wrote'.

Seriously SeaBass, give it up man your making a fool of yourself.

That's harsh KGB. if the lad enjoys writing then why shouldn't he do it?  It's really easy to criticise folk without ever putting yourself in a position to be criticised.

That's harsh KGB. if the lad enjoys writing then why shouldn't he do it?  It's really easy to criticise folk without ever putting yourself in a position to be criticised.

I agree it's harsh, but it's fair. If he enjoys writing, and he definitely seems to, fair enough but to ask for opinion on here (or any other fitba forum for that matter!) and not expect criticism or folk to rip the piss is beyond naivety.

I agree it's harsh, but it's fair. If he enjoys writing, and he definitely seems to, fair enough but to ask for opinion on here (or any other fitba forum for that matter!) and not expect criticism or folk to rip the piss is beyond naivety.

Indeed, but as ever, there are ways to do things (from both sides) and there are ways not to do them (also from both sides).

If there`s one important lesson I`ve learned from the first book it`s that not everybody is going to like what you write.  Doesn`t make you a bad person or a terrible writer which is what I thought when folk were bullying me at school for being Hemiplegic.

One of my favourite names I got called was "Spasticated Mongel" and I suppose if you can survive that mentally pretty much intact you can deal with anything that anybody throws at you.  As a result I`m very strong emotionally and always have been.

Can`t get to the Hibs match because the authorities have closed all roads leading into and out of Duns from lunch time today til Sunday tea time so a special street stage can be run in the town as it`s The Jim Clark Memorial Rally this weekend.   

Favourite, as in that was the nicest thing they called you?

or

Favourite, as in you found it funny?

Aslo why do you use the back to front apostrophe from the top left hand side of the keyboard?

Spasticated Mongol - hmmm I can see how it was your favourite

As a sidenote, was curious about the spelling off mongol (i.e. mongel) - thinking it was maybe a hip, new insult rather than just a spelling mistake I googled it and came up with this little classic from the urban dictionary  :o

cock mongel  4 up, 5 down  

this is a kid that seems nomal on the out side but when he stays the night at your house he jacks you off wile you asleep an when you ejaculate he gargles your cum, spits it on your chest then gives you a dirty sanchez an when you wake he says that it was your dog

cody:dude some one blew ther load on me and gave me a dirty sanchez

drew:wasnt me man it must ov been your dog

cody:why is ther jizz on your cheek an you finger smell like ass?

drew:huh?

cody:you fucking cock mongel(cody beats drew's ass)

The Mongols were a race of people who swept through China in the thirteenth century.  I think.  ???

Mongol - Reference to Downs Syndrome, a chromosome disorder that has characteristic eye malformities, giving the appearance of being Asian or "Mongolian". This usually is accompanied by many other congenital defects including cognitive development problems/learning disabilities. Hence the derogatory reference.

I often refer to my wife as a 'Mong', even in front of complete strangers.  However if this term is going to be offensive to innocent by-standers I may have to come up with a new insulting word to call her.

Something that incorporates her obesity and stupidity would be great, any suggestions?

I often refer to my wife as a 'Mong', even in front of complete strangers.  However if this term is going to be offensive to innocent by-standers I may have to come up with a new insulting word to call her.

Something that incorporates her obesity and stupidity would be great, any suggestions?

Blob?