Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Calderwood, best manager since...

Kowalski
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Miller was manager from my first season. That season we only just avoided relegation. That's my reason for Calderwood being the best because it would be unfair for me to select him ahead of Porterfield and Smith when I never saw the team play under the two of them.

Willie Miller was manager from my first season. That season we only just avoided relegation. That's my reason for Calderwood being the best because it would be unfair for me to select him ahead of Porterfield and Smith when I never saw the team play under the two of them.

I agree with this young(er) lad. Although, i'm pretty sure in my first season Aitken was the manager?

I agree with this young(er) lad. Although, i'm pretty sure in my first season Aitken was the manager?

Will always respect the fact Aitken managed the only Aberdeen team i've witnessed winning a trophy but by christ he done fuck all with some really talented players.

Gone for Smith purely on results.

However, porterfield and smith inherited teams with great quality.

Calderwood inherited a team with Russell Anderson, a couple of other decent players, and some shite ones. So going by that its probably fair to say he is the best since fergy.

Think you will find Miller started off as manager that season but was sacked in February just b4 a crunch match with the huns. Aitken took over and Dodds, Shearer and Jim Macluskey(Ref) saw off the huns only for us to be brought right back to earth 6 days later at Ochil View. Luckily with 7 games left something clicked and the great escape took us to the playoffs.

Im in a similar boat in that I got into football in the 1993/94 season (Miller's 2nd and last full season as manager) to which we finished 2nd but I cant recall the team setting the heather on fire. Too many draws cost us the title. The next season Mcleish retired and suddenly the team went to pot.

I went for Skovdahl just because he actually managed to get us to hampden and into europe on 2 occasions and had us giving Hertha Berlin a right scare, with a team that had been ripped apart by Alex Miller. yes we got hammered by the old firm almost everytime usually by at least 5 but the time so was every other team in the SPL (everyone remembers us getting lumped 7-0 at parkhead but seems to forget motherwell getting lumped 8-1 at fir park by celtic or St Johnstone getting hammered 7-0 at Mcdiarmed by Guivarch and co). He also was in charge during the best day ive ever had at tannadice (5-3).

Aitken may have got us a trophy and Deano but he also thought 750k was worth swapping for Brian o Neil

Think you will find Miller started off as manager that season but was sacked in February just b4 a crunch match with the huns. Aitken took over and Dodds, Shearer and Jim Macluskey(Ref) saw off the huns only for us to be brought right back to earth 6 days later at Ochil View. Luckily with 7 games left something clicked and the great escape took us to the playoffs.

Im in a similar boat in that I got into football in the 1993/94 season (Miller's 2nd and last full season as manager) to which we finished 2nd but I cant recall the team setting the heather on fire. Too many draws cost us the title. The next season Mcleish retired and suddenly the team went to pot.

I went for Skovdahl just because he actually managed to get us to hampden and into europe on 2 occasions and had us giving Hertha Berlin a right scare, with a team that had been ripped apart by Alex Miller. yes we got hammered by the old firm almost everytime usually by at least 5 but the time so was every other team in the SPL (everyone remembers us getting lumped 7-0 at parkhead but seems to forget motherwell getting lumped 8-1 at fir park by celtic or St Johnstone getting hammered 7-0 at Mcdiarmed by Guivarch and co). He also was in charge during the best day ive ever had at tannadice (5-3).

Aitken may have got us a trophy and Deano but he also thought 750k was worth swapping for Brian o Neil

I knew that Tom. I knew Miller had had a decent couple of seasons before hand, but like I said that was my first season and his managerial performance from that season is what scares me about him being linked with the current vacancy.

I was going to say Aitken had saved us from relegation in my original post but I think it was more to do with a good squad realising what was actually happening.