Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

What Can We Pontificate About Now?

Seeing as we've battered the bandwidth to death on the subject of JC's replacement and that has finally been resolved.....

I've read that McGhee has a penchant for playing 4 3 3.

Personally, that's fine with me, providing he is able to tell the players what he expects from them, and that they can both comprehend and carry out those instructions.

Is 4 3 3 really going to work, is it just a slightly more adventurous version of 4 5 1, or should we just stick with the tried and trusted ( ?) 4 4 2?

I like the look of

Aluko  Miller  Macguire

Kerr  Duff  McDonald

Mulgrew Considine  Diamond  Foster (well maybe not)

Langfield.

If Severin were to stay, and his legs were up to it, I imagine he'd be the holding midfielder of the 3.

Seeing as we've battered the bandwidth to death on the subject of JC's replacement and that has finally been resolved.....

I've read that McGhee has a penchant for playing 4 3 3.

Personally, that's fine with me, providing he is able to tell the players what he expects from them, and that they can both comprehend and carry out those instructions.

Is 4 3 3 really going to work, is it just a slightly more adventurous version of 4 5 1, or should we just stick with the tried and trusted ( ?) 4 4 2?

I like the look of

Aluko  Miller  Macguire

Kerr  Duff  McDonald

Mulgrew Considine  Diamond  Foster (well maybe not)

Langfield.

If Severin were to stay, and his legs were up to it, I imagine he'd be the holding midfielder of the 3.

Will depend who McGhee brings in but looking at the current players I do not think our midfield strong enough to play 3 against 4/5.

Also a 433 is to easily pushed back to a 451 especially if the full backs are weak defensively. Would rather we stuck with a 442 unless there is money to radically overhaul the current team.

Clarkson, Klimpl [ or fitever his name is ] Hughes - will they won't they

Vidal - will he come back for a other season  

How much dosh will Willie/Wiggy give Dingus to spend

Will we all get tickets for games next season or do we need someone to get out the button

Who'll take Derek Dung off our hands ???

That'll do for me for just now. Sense sleepless nights coming on ;)

That'll do for starters for me

The biggest question for me is................................will we get some better looking players and will we bring back tight shorts

Fuck the formation  ;D

Unusual in my experience for a woman in that its all about sex ;)

The biggest question for me is................................will we get some better looking players and will we bring back tight shorts

Fuck the formation  ;D

Big fella up front with two little ones tucked in behind.

Clarkson, Klimpl [ or fitever his name is ] Hughes - will they won't they

Vidal - will he come back for a other season  

How much dosh will Willie/Wiggy give Dingus to spend

Will we all get tickets for games next season or do we need someone to get out the button

Who'll take Derek Dung off our hands ???

That'll do for me for just now. Sense sleepless nights coming on ;)

That'll do for starters for me

I can see Clarkson coming, but not Hughes.

Saw someone mention Reynolds from Motherwell, is he a centre half?

I can see Clarkson coming, but not Hughes.

Saw someone mention Reynolds from Motherwell, is he a centre half?

Aye he press seem to be saying nae chance of Hughes moving to us.

Is the boy Reynolds the Motherwell player that the traiterous auld c**t was sniffing about last summer  ???

Didn't Ebbe used to play a 4-3-3, and it was a complete disaster?

Or am I as far wide of the mark as a Darren Mackie penalty?

Didn't Alex Smiff play 4-3-3 all season then revert to 4-4-2 against rangers on the last day of a season?

So the story goes.

Didn't Alex Smiff play 4-3-3 all season then revert to 4-4-2 against rangers on the last day of a season?

So the story goes.

Yes, that is correct. Generally Bett, Grant and Connor in midfield, van der Ark (or Booth) with Gillhaus and Jess up front. Not quite the calibre of player we have at the moment.

So the story goes.

The good old days when resorting to 4-4-2 against the hun at Ibrox was a defensive move

A continental 4-2-3-1  :thumbsup:

Langfield
RB             Zander              Considine/new      LB

Kerr            Mulgrew

Maguire            McDonald            Aluko

Miller

Not sure about Mulgrew in the centre of midfield.  Would certainly rather see Stephen Hughes in there.

There seems to be a universal change of opinion on Chris Maguire, which is of course a good thing and it's always nice to see a product of our youth system doing well. I certainly never thought the views on him would change to such an extent. will be interesting to see how McGhee sees his contribution, whether it's through the middle or out wide.

Thing is, its not motherwell rejects, its first team key players being spoke of...clarkson, reynolds, and hughes are the main men!! Not REJECTS....

i'd take there keeper too, even if he is an arse....

langfield is pants!

I checked back and I definitely put some smiley mannies in so everyone knew that I was just codding.