Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

What Can We Pontificate About Now?

No mention of Paton or Pawlett or this Fyvie character that Barca, Real and Brazil have been tracking. Surely we will see young blood in the team next season and the likes of Duff, Young and some other random punter who should be criticised despite me not knowing who he is, will never grace the Pittodrie surface again.

No mention of Paton or Pawlett or this Fyvie character that Barca, Real and Brazil have been tracking. Surely we will see young blood in the team next season and the likes of Duff, Young and some other random punter who should be criticised despite me not knowing who he is, will never grace the Pittodrie surface again.

Surely we all agree that Pawlett/Paton/Fyvie aren't ready to be considered 1st team regulars, but are ready to be 1st team considerations...

McGhee has managed to turn Billy Big Baaws Rangers Trainee McCormack into a decent player, and pish 'well no-mark Clarkson into a player we seem to want so reasonably encouraged that he can get the most out of our young forwards...

There seems to be a universal change of opinion on Chris Maguire, which is of course a good thing and it's always nice to see a product of our youth system doing well. I certainly never thought the views on him would change to such an extent. will be interesting to see how McGhee sees his contribution, whether it's through the middle or out wide.

He has certainly changed my opinion on him. For the past season and a half, I thought he was the worst player I have ever seen, did nothing with the ball, looked way out of his depth, too lightweight, a lot of attitude and mouth and little football ability to back his ego up.

However, he has changed that opinion with some of his performances in the latter part of last season. Tracking back, attitude, and general footballing ability seemed to come on leaps and bounds. Just hope he keeps on improving!