Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Aberdeen vs Sigma 30/07/09

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for Wiggy to back the Manager with cash or we're in seriously deep shite chaps.  >:D >:D>:D >:D

He's already backed the club by getting rid of Calderwood and his cronies.

Still at least we're playing exciting, attacking fitba, without getting a shot on target of course ::).

Well thats that fucked then.  >:(

I'm not calling for MM's head, far from it. But should the management of AFC, whether on the financial side or the footballing side not come up with the resources to make a good attempt at this season then its going to be a very short tenure indeed.

Thats just it tho isnt it. Aberdfeen Managers are always expected to work miracles with fuck all.  There is NO WAY we should be in the position of not fielding any signings tonight.

The board of directors need to take a long hard look as to where we should be, where we are and think about how we achieve this.  I think Calderwood is relieved not to be at AFC, knowing the level of evpectation and how little he would of have to achieve this this season.

Our board of directors just will not back any manager to enable him to build a team, with a little quality in which to compete at a higher level.  Remember Willie Millers gushings after the Copo game about challenging the board to compete? It will NEVER happen under Milne.

JC will be laughing his socks off.  :hammer:

Backing the Manager with cash when we sign a keeper for nowt and lose three salaries into the bargain doesn't sound like a club with any ambition. Fuck me, Dundee have shown more ambition than we have.

MMG in for a tough ride, that's for sure. Interesting to see how we get on v Sellick now.

JC will be laughing his socks off.  :hammer:

Backing the Manager with cash when we sign a keeper for nowt and lose three salaries into the bargain doesn't sound like a club with any ambition. Fuck me, Dundee have shown more ambition than we have.

MMG in for a tough ride, that's for sure. Interesting to see how we get on v Sellick now.

Remember the skovdahl years that everyone loved so much? Here they come again.

Who would say that the two Plymouth boys were worth paying £8.5k a week in wages for? We don't have the money to compete, it's just the way it is. If good players don't want to come here then there's not much the board can do while staying in a reasonably good financial position.

Nobody would really want any of Dundee's new signings either...

Who would say that the two Plymouth boys were worth paying £8.5k a week in wages for? We don't have the money to compete, it's just the way it is. If good players don't want to come here then there's not much the board can do while staying in a reasonably good financial position.

Nobody would really want any of Dundee's new signings either...

I think that is the point though Sneckie, they are very average players by any standard, very very average. Players you would probably have been thoroughly underwhelmed had they been linked to us whilst in Scotland.

And we cannot attract them. Now that is in part due to the skewed financial situation both leagues are in but they are categorically NOT worth the wages they currently command, Plymouth don't fucking want them anymore. So why go for them? Is it really that bad that we can't afford to keep a player like Lee Mair who would have been thoroughly easy to deal with regards money? This all fucking stinks to high fucking heaven.  

1 - 5!!!!!!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

God knows what's going on, but why McGhee thought he could bring in players from Plymouth is beyond me.

All I can say is the pressure is really on now, anything less than third and a Hampden Final is FAILURE. Given the unnecessary money shelled out.

I'd hate to be going to the away leg now....

Oh, and just how many times are we going to hear about "JC's legacy"...and the "state he's left us in"... ::)

Yes, it is entirely JC's fault.

Anyone who is about to hide behind such reasons for this result really should save themselves the hassle and just scrawl "imbecile" into thier forehead with a stanley.