Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Aberdeen vs Sigma 30/07/09

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must be a bigger club if they can pay those wages. Arent they?

We are a premier league club competing (supposedly) in europe. That should be a draw for players in itself.

Aye, I would definitely take a 50% pay cut to go to tin pot company just because they had submitted a tender for a multi million pound contract (despite them having no chance of getting it or even having the resources to complete the contract if by some miracle they were chosen to take it on).

So is the quality of football in the english lower divisions.  Hell even mid/lower  EPL verges on the mediocre   Its the packaging from TV that makes it look remotely interesting.

When I read this I'm imagining a TV in a box with £20 notes, instead of polystyrene, offering protection.

Where is the guy?

No comment post match at all?

Reports on Hat say he's still in the dressing room.

I'm still willing to support McGhee, I appreciate the budget is poor but if he keeps playing tactics that make JC look like Capello then my support will rapidly deteriorate.

He just said "I've gone from being a hero to being an idiot"

You're not fucking wrong there Mark.

I was pretty unexcited about the new season under Jimmy.

I fucking dread it under McGhee.

Incidentally, or on a more sympathetic note, he does sound like he's about to greet.

Fucking McGhee knew he had fucking qualifiers too! No fucking excuses!! None!

I agree with that, on part of McGhee or any of those players. Aberdeen shouldn't lose 5-1 at home to anyone (save maybe Man Utd and Barca and the likes).

The only thing that may be a positive out of this is that it may make Milne "invest" in some new players... the pigs flying past my window agree with me...

How did Langfield perform tonight?

did he look like he deserved 5 past him, or was he hopelessly exposed by a bunch of fannies in front of him?

Made a few mistakes but had a great block save in the first half then reacted quickly to get rid of the ball and had an awesome save from a free kick at 4-1.

EDIT: Wouldn't blame him for any goals on one viewing.

Sorry all my fault, I will get back on the plane to the USA and never return to Pittodrie.

Oh dear poor you - at your first game for ages  :(

I went 6 seasons without seeing the dons win - 3 of them without a goal so don't fret too much  ;D

Reports on Hat say he's still in the dressing room.

I'm still willing to support McGhee, I appreciate the budget is poor but if he keeps playing tactics that make JC look like Capello then my support will rapidly deteriorate.

Think there will be many who feel the same way. MM got tactics very badly wrong tonight and worryingly seemed unable to change them even when it was clearly not working.

It is beyond me how anyone would conceive of the idea to play Duff and Young at the back. In his own words he said he has went from hero to idiot due to the game and I dont think that anyone could argue the Duff & Young at the back was an idiotic idea. I await to see what happens next week.

Fuck me, haven't got time to read through all of this as far too much work to do. >:(

I don't leave games early but even I have a pain threshold and left when the fifth went in.

The guts of £40 for tickets for myself and my boy, £30 in diesel, £15 for food, £40 for new shirt, leaving work at 3pm, getting home at 1am for for what......total humiliation. In over forty years of watching AFC don't think I've ever been more humiliated. Don't for one second swallow the line that this was a quality team wre lost, the reality is that we were a bunch of clueless fannies.

Whoever thought we could go into this game having played only three friendlies needs certifying. WTF were we doing for over a week in Austria and playing one game. could we not have even had a couple of non contact games v amateurs or something to try things ?

If Johnston was as good as Dingus makes out, given the necessity for a centre back, surely to fuck we could have chucked £30/£50k on the table long before Luggy got wind of him.

All in I'm one fucked off individual this morning. Lets hope we can put this behind us and move on, but I seriously think we're in for a long long season. Christ we're nae even in August and I'm depressed.