Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Aberdeen vs Celtic (15/08/09)

El Padre™

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts? Anyone feeling a little better after the Hull game? I still think we're in for a hiding but I suppose there's always the chance we could scrape a draw.  :-\

I'll feel better if we can sign some (at least if not all) of the trialists. If we have them all we can give Celtic a good game. That's a big if though.

Its hard to know what will come of this game. Celtic were much better in their away leg and could really stretch us on Saturday. SPL is vastly different from Europe though and this could be a totally different outcome than expected from the last few games.

I have a sneaky feeling that depsite the obvious frailties in our squad that McGhee will be desperate to poke Celtic in the eye and will have the team really pumped for this game. I think we might sneak it if we catch them cold on domestic duty. :thumbsup:

COYR  :ultras:

Signing a new centre back is esential; if we have the new guy in before Saturday,  then I think we have a chance.

Langfield

Considine    Diamond    Ifil    Mulgrew

Foster (Or Ricketts)  McDonald  Kerr Aluko

Miller    McGuire

I think Foster out wide in midfield is where he should have been playing for years. He has pace that players in the SPL simply do not have. If I was MM, I would be telling Ricky to knock the ball past the defender, run round him and collect it, and put crosses in for Miller. Eventually, he will get some good crosses in. Looking at that team, I don't see why we can't give Celtic a good game.

Its hard to know what will come of this game. Celtic were much better in their away leg and could really stretch us on Saturday. SPL is vastly different from Europe though and this could be a totally different outcome than expected from the last few games.

I have a sneaky feeling that depsite the obvious frailties in our squad that McGhee will be desperate to poke Celtic in the eye and will have the team really pumped for this game. I think we might sneak it if we catch them cold on domestic duty. :thumbsup:

COYR  :ultras:

Your optimism is quite frankly disturbing.

TBH I think that after the shambles of Europe and Celtic snubbing MM, he will have them well fired up for this one especially being at home. MM will want them to go out and put in a performance to prove that Sigma was an early blip for him and that they have put it behind them, maybe something we should also be doing.

Celtic will be expecting to score for fun also which could help us like Ajja says catch them cold.

I have a sneaky feeling that we wont lose this match with a score draw the most likely we will get but dont be surprised if we nick this by one goal

Your optimism is quite frankly disturbing.

Its a damning indictment of our position that the notion of sneaking a victory at home if Celtic are not on form is considered an optimistic stance  :-\ I thought I was being cautious  :o

I have a dilemna - I don't know whether to get drunk on the way up on the train and kinda sleep through the game so I am not too disappointed if we get gubbed

Or stay sober until after the match to savour the delights of our team

;D

Just get drunk on the train, its the first game of the season!

Then you can come out with me mizer and topcorner after the game! :beers:

Signing a new centre back is esential; if we have the new guy in before Saturday,  then I think we have a chance.

Langfield

Considine    Diamond    Ifil    Mulgrew

Foster (Or Ricketts)  McDonald  Kerr Aluko

Miller    McGuire

I think Foster out wide in midfield is where he should have been playing for years. He has pace that players in the SPL simply do not have. If I was MM, I would be telling Ricky to knock the ball past the defender, run round him and collect it, and put crosses in for Miller. Eventually, he will get some good crosses in. Looking at that team, I don't see why we can't give Celtic a good game.

Personally, given the alternatives I would have Foster at RB.

Certainly Considine (who has never played there for us as far as I'm aware) or Duff would be a fucking disaster.

Much more hopeful after yesterdays performance, but imagine a draw will be celebrated much like the draw that christened the start of our last manager's SPL season.

I have a dilemna - I don't know whether to get drunk on the way up on the train and kinda sleep through the game so I am not too disappointed if we get gubbed

Or stay sober until after the match to savour the delights of our team

;D

I have found after many years of getting the train up to watch AFC its easier to arrive in Aberdeen pissed ! :thumbsup:

I have found after many years of getting the train up to watch AFC its easier to arrive in Aberdeen pissed ! :thumbsup:

I have done that many a time - once after having consumed never to be forgotten homemade cheeky vimto with added tequila  :o

Padre was such a gentleman that day  ;)  ;D

It’s Jerel or Andy for Aberdeen FC’s opener

Boss McGhee is undecided

By Ross McTavish

Published: 13/08/2009

ABERDEEN FC new signing Jerel Ifil is set to battle Andrew Considine for a starting spot against Celtic on Saturday.

Zander Diamond is winning his fight to recover from an Achilles injury to face the Hoops in the SPL season opener.

Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee rates Diamond as the club’s top central defender and is desperate to field him in the Pittodrie clash.

That will leave Considine trying to keep his place ahead of new signing Ifil, who will wear the number 22 shirt after his move from Swindon Town.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Got to be Jerel (is it me or does that name sound like the name of some goblin king, or something?)

But the only half-decent performance from Consi of late just so happened to come when he was paired with Ifil. Coincidence?

Lets have Consi on the bench and make him realise that he's actually got to do something spectacular to get a starting berth this season

Im getting excited for Saturday now. Think we may surprise them as McGhee will have them pumped up with his first competitive game as manager being a shambles plus the Celtic rejection. Getting a lift in from Celtic fans for this. Last time I got a lift in from them we won 4-2. Fingers crossed lightening strikes twice.

CMON EWE REDS

:AFC::AFC2::ultras:

Got to be Jerel (is it me or does that name sound like the name of some goblin king, or something?)

But the only half-decent performance from Consi of late just so happened to come when he was paired with Ifil. Coincidence?

Lets have Consi on the bench and make him realise that he's actually got to do something spectacular to get a starting berth this season

Completely agree. This is the way it has got to be.