Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Aberdeen vs Celtic (15/08/09)

El Padre™

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joke performance in the first half. Second was better, but Maguire needs to get a grip. He was crap, as was Miller and Mackie. Kerr didn't have the best of games either. But at least we didn't concede anymore in the second half. But we need a right winger and right back as soon as possible! I don't know what Miller thought he was doing today, clearly not a lot, the one moment that summed up his performance to me today was when Aluko won the ball in the second half and going down the left wing, had Miller made a run, he could have had an opportunity at goal, but no, did nothing. I hope Zander is ok.

It appears both Kerr and McDonald have forgotten how to pass the ball over the summer.

Thought both were terrible today, and along with Miller all three were atrocious and capable of so much more.  Miller looks so-unfit after about an hour.

Ifil did quite well.

Aluko was poor apart from his goal.

Langfield MOTM again for me, some good saves and quite unlucky with the goals.

We played better in the second half, but we were shocking in the first half - giving Celtic far too much space.

Dunno about anyone else - but the way celtic moved the ball in the first half it didnt matter who they were playing the could have scored at least three agianst anyone, they looked sharp enthusiastic and ready for the game. We didnt really get going until duff was hooked - aluko just a passenger again, cant describe how lazy miller was.

Second half much better and we looked the better team for large parts - obviously celtic eased off a bit but can take a lot of positives to the hamilton game.

We need some sort of midfielder in though, i dont believe kerr and mcdonald are the way to go .

Guest ally s

Dunno about anyone else - but the way celtic moved the ball in the first half it didnt matter who they were playing the could have scored at least three agianst anyone, they looked sharp enthusiastic and ready for the game. We didnt really get going until duff was hooked - aluko just a passenger again, cant describe how lazy miller was.

Second half much better and we looked the better team for large parts - obviously celtic eased off a bit but can take a lot of positives to the hamilton game.

We need some sort of midfielder in though, i dont believe kerr and mcdonald are the way to go .

Not having a go here but what positives can you take from a performance like that?  I thought we were fuckin awful for 90 minutes.  Absolutely no drive from midfield, the defence were at 6s and 7s, Miller and Maguire had no chance of causing the Celtic defence any problems as all they had to live off were shitty long balls or misplaced passes.

Thank fuck Langfield's a good shot stopper otherwise it could have been even more than 3-1.

Shouldnt have been allowed to create the mess he has done for so long, was plain to see last season what was going to happen this year but it was allowed to drag on until the summer, should have been addressed after the Dunfermline game and get a new manager in then.

Guest ally s

Shouldnt have been allowed to create the mess he has done for so long, was plain to see last season what was going to happen this year but it was allowed to drag on until the summer, should have been addressed after the Dunfermline game and get a new manager in then.

I disagree, we still had a good chance of qualifying for Europe so changing the manager at that point would only have caused disruption to the team/club.

You can say it's a mess all you want but MM has to match the results of last season or what was the point. I'm still backing MM but the decision to change the manager and use up our budget is looking like folly.

You lot wouldn't accept any comparison of JC and Paterson's results as an argument for JC keeping his job so McGhee must be viewed on his results. So far, he's been shite but like JC he'll get my support.

We could have won the scottish cup last season...............

But we didnt.

Jimmys mess and Mcghee is the poor sod chosen to sort it out, reeks of steve paterson all over again.

I'm no fan of JC's but I doubt very much we'd have put in such a woeful performance had he been in charge on Saturday, there would at least have been some semblance of fight.

I remember sitting there at a celtic a couple of years ago at pittodrie when i had 500 on celtic to win +2 goals and the bet was up at half time, dont think that this result was worse than some of the ones we had to endure under calderwood and at least Mcghee had the stones to see it wasnt working and made the changes to suit. If Mcdonald had take his chance at 3-1 then it put a differant spin on the game.

We could have won the scottish cup last season...............

But we didnt.

Jimmys mess and Mcghee is the poor sod chosen to sort it out, reeks of steve paterson all over again.

Open your eyes min.

Poor sod chosen? He saw a lucrative chance to further himself as a manager at a bigger club and he took it. Don't patronise me by claiming that McGhee didn't know what he was letting himself in for when he signed on the dotted line.

Jimmys mess? He got that team into 4th place and a place in Europe. He left the squad in a healthy position. He tried and failed to agree a new contract with Severin, Jamie Smith is no loss given his injury problems and Lee Mair was given pelters on a regular basis by the fans. Yes, the Setanta collapse has hit the Dons hard and McGhee is struggling with this but that is not Calderwoods fault. We all knew the defencies of the squad and where it needed to be strengthened but bar one signing, this squad played an absolute blinder against Hibs on the last day of the season. From going to one extreme to the other, is not the previous managers 'mess'.

I remember sitting there at a celtic a couple of years ago at pittodrie when i had 500 on celtic to win +2 goals and the bet was up at half time, dont think that this result was worse than some of the ones we had to endure under calderwood and at least Mcghee had the stones to see it wasnt working and made the changes to suit. If Mcdonald had take his chance at 3-1 then it put a differant spin on the game.

Difference is that Calderwood was at the club for 4/5 years, we have endured 3 absolutely dismal performances and results in the space of 2 months. Say, if McDonald had put his chance away, 3-2 or 3-1, reflects far too good on the Dons. Absolutely dreadful performance and 3-1 does not do it justice. It's all very well improving at 3 nil down, 9 times out of 10, this improvement will be too late.

What is it they say about leaopards never changing their spots?

You lot are so pro-jimmy its scary, new manager in lets try to look at the positives, Jimmys not coming back so how about we get behind the manager that is here and does want the best for the club and the fans.

What is it they say about leaopards never changing their spots?

You lot are so pro-jimmy its scary, new manager in lets try to look at the positives, Jimmys not coming back so how about we get behind the manager that is here and does want the best for the club and the fans.

:lolabove: