Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Aberdeen vs Celtic (15/08/09)

El Padre™

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think he is the man for the Job but he will get my support to turn things around.

Thats fair enough. I think most folk on here thought the same when the rumours were rife of his apparent appointment. That is not to say we won't give him our backing, because of course we will. I hope to hell he turns things around, its just not looking too good at the moment.

What is apparent is that McGhee isn't going to get the same length of honeymoon period that JC seemed to enjoy at the club. In fact, I'd question if he's getting one at all. That's partly due to the fault of himself and the team with our poor initial performances this season, and partly due to the failings of the club/WM to communicate honestly with the support.

He is going to be under close scrutiny throughout the season and although the pressure will be intense I hope he can handle it. We can't afford to make the same mistake of sacking another manager under contract at the end of this season and it would be disappointing in the extreme if he walked.

Consistency is the key for us, and a rapid turnover of managers will be the quickest route to the dark Ebbe/Paterson days. McGhee's job this season (and next) is one of rebuilding the squad to his own but also ensuring that we don't fall too far backwards. This season I want us to ideally to be challenging for 3rd & 4th again..but given our thin squad 5th or 6th is looking like a minimum requirement.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against McGhee in any way shape or form. I hope any manager of Aberdeen FC suceeds, the disgraceful past 3 performances just indicate that we are in for a long, hard and difficult season.

The very thought of sacking McGhee are very very premature and lets hope that results and performances pick up. McGhee is obviously trying hard to implement new tactics, new formations and new ideas. Hopefully the goods will be delivered but I think this season may be a difficult one.