Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Disgraceful Scotsman Article

Guest fatshaft

Guest fatshaft

http://www.scotsman.com/aberdeenfc/Rangers-vs-Aberdeen-Ugly-moments.5681324.jp  :hammer:>:(>:D:finger::haterangers::cardred:

I suggest you follow my lead, and send a letter of complaint on the following page http://www.scotsman.com/contactus.aspx

Dear Sirs,

I write to you about this appaling Daily Record-esque attempt to once again blacken the name of Aberdeen FC on the eve of a Rangers v Aberdeen game.

Which one eyed Rangers fan wrote this?

Where is the assualt by Willie Johnston on McMaster that required life saving treatment on the Hampden pitch?

Where is Ally McCoists flying lunge at Theo Snelders that broke his cheek?

Where is Jim Leighton's swiftly curtailed appearance in his last ever cup final, sans broken jaw, thank you Rod Wallace.

Where are all the slew of red cards for the boys in blue?

Where is Gascoigne's continued unpunished assualts that would have been straight reds for any other player?

And most amazingly ommitted, seeing as it was barely a dozen games ago, where is Kyle Lafferty cheating to get Mulgrew sent off?

Is it really worth mentioning, that the 'obscene messages on the official site' were on the public messageboard, quickly removed, and now disabled? Perhaps you should quote from Follow Follow as well? Now there's the dictionary definition of obscene, but of course that wouldn't fit with the slant of this article would it?

And finally, if you are going to mention Aberdeen fans booing through a minutes silence, please also report when Rangers fans booed through Matt Busby's minutes silence as well. While it cannot be condoned, at least AFC fans were booing a player from their most bitter rivals, what exactly was Matt Busby getting booed for? Presumably just to show that Rangers have no respect for anyone?

Frankly, this piece is an embarrassment to your newspaper, you should be ashmaned to have printed it, and should make an apology to AFC fans via these same pages.

Regards

fatshaft

Why would you expect anything different from a newspaper when it comes to Aberdeen FC?

Well I would considering it is The Scotsman, which is generally a decent paper. Then again, they're a rubgay paper, but I suppose it shows what they know about football...especially if it is a c/p jobbie.

Perhaps it was also blinkered to remove the more recent 'incidents'...Where was the mention of Lee McCulloch running 70 yards to kung-fu kick Severin, somehow defended by his manager? Nacho Novo attempting to break Duff's leg as we cruise past them at home once again? Not difficult to dislike that odious team is it?  :hammer:

Rangers defender Lorenzo Amoruso confronts the travelling support with pleas to calm down and behave.

Really taking the piss there, if only we all behaved more like Rangers players perhaps the world would be a more wonderful place. It is genuinely incredible how the national media can skew anything in favour of the Old Firm.