Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

EE: Zander injury worry for Aberdeen FC

Kowalski

Zander injury worry for Aberdeen FC

‘I don’t know when he’ll be back,’ says Mark

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 05/10/2009

ABERDEEN FC today admitted they have no idea when star defender Zander Diamond will be fit again.

Diamond has now been sidelined for almost two months with a foot injury.

Aberdeen FC had hoped a series of injections last week would put the 24-year-old on course to return in their SPL clash with Hearts at Pittodrie, a week on Saturday.

But manager Mark McGhee today confirmed Diamond has no chance of making that game and could be out for some time yet.

To read this story in full, and for full reaction to Aberdeen FC’s draw at Kilmarnock, pick up today’s Evening Express

So basically Charlie Allan was hovvering around the front door at Pittodire, spotted McGhee and said

"Any idea when Diamond will be back, Mark?"

McGhee said "I don't know when he'll be back. Do I look like the club doctor?"

And now Fat Ex-postie's omitted the "FYI" directed at him and made a backpage headline out of it. Another non-story from this excuse of a reporter.

Totally agree, just head back to the HAT please Mini.

5 clean sheets without him, once Ifil is fit he'll be back in with Big Andy, neither deserve to be dropped, Zander would only be on the bench anyways so it is good thgat he is getting the chance to rest this inury.

5 clean sheets without him, once Ifil is fit he'll be back in with Big Andy, neither deserve to be dropped, Zander would only be on the bench anyways so it is good thgat he is getting the chance to rest this inury.

And 4 humiliating defeats, what's your point?

I was at all 3, Sigma, home and away, Dundee away, actually that one isn't even humiliating, most people had an idea that we would probably lose that game.

Well, if you think it's acceptable to be beated by a lower league team, then you're gonna end up with the team you deserve.

We were pumped by Celtic too, 3-0 at half-time. Unacceptable.

Well, if you think it's acceptable to be beated by a lower league team, then you're gonna end up with the team you deserve.

We were pumped by Celtic too, 3-0 at half-time. Unacceptable.

Never said it was acceptable though, did I?  See trying to put words in to fit your agenda.

We lost the celtic game 3-1 though, second half performance was much better than the first half, that wasn't humiliating though, they are a team going for the league title with a much bigger budget.

Never said it was acceptable though, did I?  See trying to put words in to fit your agenda.

We lost the celtic game 3-1 though, second half performance was much better than the first half, that wasn't humiliating though, they are a team going for the league title with a much bigger budget.

Very poor there.

If the defeat isn't humiliating, then surely it's acceptable then?

I never said we lost 3-0, I said it was 3-0 at half-time, feel free to read my post again.

I seem to remember us winning a game against Celtic at home last season by 2 clear goals, both of which came from a certain Zander Diamond too. But yes, we're a much better team without him ::)

We were pumped in the first, they totally eased off in the second and we still only managed to score a goal that came out of no-where. I felt humiliated. I really thought we'd miss Diamond more than we have, but its a positive sign that we have a pairing that seem to play well together and help us forget about him. I still wish him a speedy recovery.

So because he scored two goals against Celtic we must have him back, obviously we need him but at this current moment in time there is no need to rush him back and Dave, I never said that you said we lost the game 3-0, I just don't see why you singled the first half out when we all know that games are judged by the score at the final whistle.

Aberdeen FC’s Diamond out until Christmas

New injury blow for defender

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 08/10/2009

ABERDEEN FC’S Zander Diamond’s foot injury looks set to keep him sidelined until Christmas.

Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee today confirmed it’s likely to be six weeks before the defender, who will have surgery tomorrow, is fit enough to resume training.

McGhee is resigned to the fact Diamond, who suffered the injury during Aberdeen FC’s home SPL defeat by Celtic on August 15, won’t be available for selection until the end of December.

McGhee said: “It could be nearer to Christmas before Zander is fully match fit.â€

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

It's quite obvious Zander doesn't like McGhee and this injury is a convenient excuse to keep him free from injury till January, when he can sign for Celtic for £2 million (which will actully be 50p and threee bottles of bubble bath, with the rest based on appearances).

Personally I blame the fat orange buffon and Willie's failed chip shop business.

Just thought better put a smilie  :thumbsup: