Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Trust AGM with Miller and McGhee

BobbyBiscuit

I was up in Aberdeen this weekend and was told this morning this was on. Unfortunately for me my train home was at half three so I missed this. Did anyone here go?  The lads on Mad who went seem to think it was a worthwhile venture and some bad PR for messrs Kerr and McDonald it would seem:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124272999

(sorry Stand Free Ed for linking directly to your site etc [should i apologise for that? I don't know], cheers man)

Feck the Huns

As mentioned, Kerr and McDonald. With fat Charlie in attendance, I was amazed he actually named them.

It came out in relation to how it's easier to change players perceptions and ideas when they are younger, like getting them into the gym, and getting them to play 4-3-3 when they've always played 4-4-2. Miller butted in and said how he pointed out to McGhee how those two were imposters at the early part of the campaign, compared to how they performed last season, but did concede that they have now come round to his way of thinking.

No mention of Joe Harper the whole afternoon!

Another good titbit was when Miller appointed Peter Weir to oversee the Glasgow operation 5 years ago, they went down and met all the 20 scouts, and outlined how things would be from now on. 10 of them walked out, and think they other 10 were sacked. Weir looked at Miller and said "WTF?" But Miller just said keep calm, we'll do things differently from now on, and since then, the players are appearing in great numbers from Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Miller has received a good kicking from all websites, but it's hard not to be impressed when he outlines his plans for the club

We have no scouts ;) I still want to know what Miller is doing to earn his wage ffs...etc...

All in all though, sounds like (from having a wee read of the MAD site) that it was a very frank afternoon. Shame only 20 fans turned up though  :o

We have no scouts ;) I still want to know what Miller is doing to earn his wage ffs...etc...

All in all though, sounds like (from having a wee read of the MAD site) that it was a very frank afternoon. Shame only 20 fans turned up though  :o

Probably for the best though as presumably with a few dissenting voices, unwilling to listen, it could have been a complete waste of time for everyone concerned. Maybe even just a few more faces and the speakers may have clammed up and become defensive.

Agreed though it did sound positive, having had a quick scan of be ABMad thread.

Guest fatshaft

LOL. I imagine we won't see any of those quotes for a couple of weeks, then when everyone has forgotten about this meeting - bam.

Guest fatshaft

Probably for the best though as presumably with a few dissenting voices, unwilling to listen, it could have been a complete waste of time for everyone concerned.

A bit like the AGM then? Can't think of anyone who would fit the bill but I'm sure you're right ;)

tbh is Miller's wage is correct it is too much but he does seem to be doing a decent job of sorting out our youth set up.

Talking of which has anyone been reading the articles of redweb about the Youth and Community set up?  Just found them the other day and makes for interesting reading:

Community set up: http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/community/0,,10284~1786784,00.html

Community set up and links into Academy set up:

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/community/0,,10284~1799203,00.html

Youth Scouts

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1822038,00.html

Guest fatshaft

just read this on Mad:

I like

I think this is just another indication that the club are aware of all the pitfalls that fans see in Loirston, but will do everything they can to address them.

Guest fatshaft

I think it's called paying lip service. The club will keep spouting this tripe until long after we've moved into our new ghost town stadium - just wait, we'll build you this and that - aye, right!

They need planning permission and licencing to build this sort of thing. It's not the club's decision.

Really? I can't recall anyone coming out with the beer cellar idea on any of the forums, so maybe the club are genuinely thinking of doing this, rather than like, you know, saying they will incorporate something they know the fans will appreciatte, but that no-one expected, and then not building it just to piss them all off.

You just keep on being a miserable negative twat then.

Really? I can't recall anyone coming out with the beer cellar idea on any of the forums, so maybe the club are genuinely thinking of doing this, rather than like, you know, saying they will incorporate something they know the fans will appreciatte, but that no-one expected, and then not building it just to piss them all off.

You just keep on being a miserable negative twat then.

Jager is far from being a negative twat, but it is something I know we've discussed previously many a time when discussing the topic of this elusive stadium. Many have mentioned what a good idea a bar would be and what Killie have at their ground would be a good idea. It is good that the club are discussing these things, but obviously whether they follow through with it is another thing. I hope they do, but as Jager says, it is all dependent on the licensing body.

Guest fatshaft

Jager is far from being a negative twat, but it is something I know we've discussed previously many a time when discussing the topic of this elusive stadium. Many have mentioned what a good idea a bar would be and what Killie have at their ground would be a good idea. It is good that the club are discussing these things, but obviously whether they follow through with it is another thing. I hope they do, but as Jager says, it is all dependent on the licensing body.

Not the same as paying lip service or spouting tripe though is it?

Not the same as paying lip service or spouting tripe though is it?

Whilst that maybe so, I just think that with anything regarding AFC, we should always take it with a pinch of salt, until it actually happens. Its happened on many occassion before, but as I said, its a positive sign that they are talking about it, lets just hope that they are able to follow through with it.