Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

afc accounts 2008/09 - Operating target met

glasgow sheep

I thought everyone knew it was the fans fault for expecting the club to continue to challenge the old firm.  ;D

Seriously though how much longer can the club go on posting a loss (no matter how its dressed up) season after season? As Rocco says there is only so much the odd UEFA cup run can cover up for.

Shows how lucky Cheltenham are with their directors covering losses on an as needed basis to make sure the club stays in the black. OK the amounts are nowhere near Aberdeen levels, but maybe if Aberdeen's had been dealt with on a similar basis...

I can't see how the new stadium is going to help either? I suppose it will give improved revenue streams but surely it's position at Loriston will negatively impact on that.

Unless Milne gives us a clean slate at that point, we are still going to be saddled with our existing debt plus the net debt created by the new stadium.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with the actual accounts can confirm but aren't the interest payments now something outrageous like £800,000 a year? There's also the fact that the loans have to be paid back next year and that the sale of Pittodrie is linked to the paying back of the debt.

Someone with the actual accounts can confirm but aren't the interest payments now something outrageous like £800,000 a year? There's also the fact that the loans have to be paid back next year and that the sale of Pittodrie is linked to the paying back of the debt.

there is a link at the bottom of the article on afc.co.uk that takes you to the full accounts.  You are correct about the last two points, would have to check your first point.

Goto: http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/aberdeen-football-club-plc-announce-annual-results-to-30th-june-2009-20091031_2212158_1842601

Are you fishing? If it's not Milne (and Ian Donald) who is responsible then who is?

Calderwood.

But seriously, I blame Donald and Milne.  Ian Donald's father would turn in his grave if he saw the mess his son has made.

But in saying that, I also believe that Milne is keeping us going.  If he was to walk away now (with nobody coming in) we'd been in more shit than Mizer's finger.

Ian Donald's father would turn in his grave if he saw the mess his son has made.

Totally, but I also feel that Dick Donald - as good a chairman as he clearly was - let the club down in not taking us forward when he was able to do so.  Things like him not wanting to have a shirt sponsor after we won the ECWC etc was very shortsighted, and had he listened to Chris Anderson more then things may have been so, so different in the finance side as well as the playing side.

Calderwood.

But seriously, I blame Donald and Milne.  Ian Donald's father would turn in his grave if he saw the mess his son has made.

But in saying that, I also believe that Milne is keeping us going.  If he was to walk away now (with nobody coming in) we'd been in more shit than Mizer's finger.

:lolabove:

Totally, but I also feel that Dick Donald - as good a chairman as he clearly was - let the club down in not taking us forward when he was able to do so.  Things like him not wanting to have a shirt sponsor after we won the ECWC etc was very shortsighted, and had he listened to Chris Anderson more then things may have been so, so different in the finance side as well as the playing side.

I don't think thats a fair shout, its easy 25 years later with the commerical nature of football in 2009 to say that but back then....I think the last thing you can accuse the Aberdeen board of that time of being is shortsighted.

I don't think thats a fair shout, its easy 25 years later with the commerical nature of football in 2009 to say that but back then....I think the last thing you can accuse the Aberdeen board of that time of being is shortsighted.

Well, Anderson wanted us to get shirt sponsorship with Shell who did offer it. Donald settled on sponsorship on the back of the training tops from Hydrasun.  Donald baulked at the £1m fee for Boniek (supposedly) but Anderson urged him to go for it because of the media exposure, increased gates etc (again, supposedly).  It's all conjecture, of course, but look at what both deals could have done for us.

Well, Anderson wanted us to get shirt sponsorship with Shell who did offer it. Donald settled on sponsorship on the back of the training tops from Hydrasun.  Donald baulked at the £1m fee for Boniek (supposedly) but Anderson urged him to go for it because of the media exposure, increased gates etc (again, supposedly).  It's all conjecture, of course, but look at what both deals could have done for us.

Wasn't aware of those bits of info to be honest and I agree looking back now those sums especially at that time were massive amounts of money, there's also no doubt Anderson knew his stuff, just think DD couldn't be expected to have acheived anything more during his reign  :thumbsup:

Apparently DD wasn't too keen on the Dons top being ruined with some company's logo and that's an old fashioned view which i can totally understand him taking. I don't want to criticise the guy, cos he loved the club as much as we all do. He was delighted that we were the top boys in Europe and had a few million in the bank... who wouldn't be...?

Apparently DD wasn't too keen on the Dons top being ruined with some company's logo and that's an old fashioned view which i can totally understand him taking. I don't want to criticise the guy, cos he loved the club as much as we all do. He was delighted that we were the top boys in Europe and had a few million in the bank... who wouldn't be...?

Yeah thats what I kind of alluded to earlier, old fashioned values got us to the top so weren't all bad.

Modern times we'd have made a lot more than £1M with that kind of success. Just a shame ID couldn't have repeated the magic of DD  :thumbsup:

Yeah thats what I kind of alluded to earlier, old fashioned values got us to the top so weren't all bad.

Modern times we'd have made a lot more than £1M with that kind of success. Just a shame ID couldn't have repeated the magic of DD  :thumbsup:

Indeed.

However, are you aware the guy in your avatar has been arrested for domestic abuse?  Apparently the other day he played his latest album to his wife...

;)