Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Motherwell v Aberdeen

glasgow sheep

Well looks like they have finally sorted their pitch as no word of a pitch inspection despite the monsoon conditions down here for the last few days.

Our record seems pretty good at Fir Park (10wins from 21 and only 6 defeats in 10yrs) but expect a close match.  Fingers crossed for some goals but I won't be holding my breath

Maguire (suspension) and Aluko (injury) out as well as Zander.

Mo Ross back into an otherwise full squad.

Helpful info from afc (presumably after the shambles at Easter Road)

5 turnstiles will be open with the option of another 3 should crowd exceed expectations.

Weather forecast is for heavy rain. Fans will be moved to the Upper Deck of the stand should weather turn very bad.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Mulgrew, Foster, Pawlett, Considine, Ifil, Kerr, , McDonald, Miller, Paton, Ross.

Subs: Bain, Duff, Mackie, Crawford, Young, Grassi and Wright.

Reckon it'll be 442 then?

Langfield

Ross Ifil Considine Foster

Pawlett McDonald Kerr Mulgrew

Miller Paton

Gannon not speaking again against the media.

What has the media done against him? Referring to the 'gold-fish bowl' of Scottish football. Chip on the shoulder?

Jim O' Brien on the bench.

Line up is as what Stewart says. Aluko is a big miss considering what we have to replace him.  :-\

Gannon not speaking again against the media.

What has the media done against him? Referring to the 'gold-fish bowl' of Scottish football. Chip on the shoulder?

Jim O' Brien on the bench.

Line up is as what Stewart says. Aluko is a big miss considering what we have to replace him.  :-\

Gannon hits out at McGhee talk                                                                                                                         

Jim Gannon has criticised hispredecessor as Motherwell manager, Mark McGhee, over speculation thatAberdeen will move for winger Jim O'Brien.

McGhee has been linked with a possible pre-contract agreement with O'Brien.

AndGannon said: "I think it's symptomatic of the poor practice here,either from the journalist speculating or the manager feeding thejournalist.

"I think it's inappropriate for any manager to comment on our players when they are under contract." McGheesigned the 22-year-old, who began his career at Celtic, during his timeat Fir Park and has talked of his admiration of the player.

The teams meet at Fir Park on Saturday and Gannon is sure O'Brien will be focused on the task in hand.

"Theplayers have the right to speak to other clubs from 1 January, but notnow, and I think it's an undue distraction," continued Gannon. "Maybethat's what they are trying to achieve.

"I've spoken to Jim, weare both exactly clear on where we both stand and how we get throughthis period and what we want to achieve in the long term.

"I think Jim will be very focused come Saturday and I think he is looking forward to having a good game against Aberdeen."

Onthe topic of McGhee making his interest in O'Brien public, Gannonadded: "Sometimes managers give their views in confidence to certainpeople but sometimes they have to be careful about how it gets into thepress and not to use the press as a vehicle to get information across.

"Mark is quite friendly with the press. I understand how football works.

"It's no big issue, hopefully it's a good game and hopefully we can share a drink and talk about the positives."

Meanwhile,Gannon has urged Motherwell fans not to repeat the extreme abusedirected towards McGhee when the teams met at Pittodrie in August.

"I don't think, whether it be in football or society, we should toleratethat behaviour and hopefully people behave themselves, and if not,hopefully people take action against them," he said.

Bitter I think.

SFA GTF

As far as I remember every team were told that putting your jersey over your head would result in a yellow card. Im not against players doing it when they score, but does equalising with Motherwell in the 67th minute really deserve that level of goal celebration? He should have been picking the ball up and racing back to the half way line.

If McDonald has completely taken his shirt off and waved around his head a la Barry Nicolson style, then he deserves to get his second yellow and be sent off.

However, if he has lifted his shirt over his head a la Fabrizio Ravanelli, to get a yellow for that is completely ridiculous.

As far as I remember every team were told that putting your jersey over your head would result in a yellow card. Im not against players doing it when they score, but does equalising with Motherwell in the 67th minute really deserve that level of goal celebration? He should have been picking the ball up and racing back to the half way line.

Maybe it's more for a personal point of view from McDonald, as he has had a rotten season so far.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/8/fe/0,,10284%7E7667208,00.jpg[/img]

Surely the referee needs to exercise some form of common sense here. As it says on RedWeb, had he missed and done this would there have been a yellow card? Highly unlikely.

He shouldn't have done it, but utter fucking stupidity from the referee.

Its in the rules that that specifically is a yellow card.

And the stupidity continues....

1. McDonald...your an arse!

2. The challenge on Pawlett (didn't see it but the comentator said it was knee high and should have been a straight red) never the less it was dangerous, but only merits a yellow

3. Henry decides to play basketball!

where is the consistency!

Fair enough if it says its a yellow in the rules but surely the ref's should use some common sense!

Whats next... if you lift your shirt more that 25.74cm above your waistline you'll get a yellow card! should we not have the referee's concerning themselves with making sure they get the more important decisions right rather than arsing about at goal celebrations?

McDonald.....your still an arse! >:(

It is however acceptable in the eyes of today's referee to score a goal, run towards your dugout, leave the field of play without permission and celebrate with your manager in the technical area, and re-join the field of play when it suits you. ::)

And the stupidity continues....

1. McDonald...you're an arse!

2. The challenge on Pawlett (didn't see it but the comentator said it was knee high and should have been a straight red) never the less it was dangerous, but only merits a yellow

3. Henry decides to play basketball!

where is the consistency!

Fair enough if it says its a yellow in the rules but surely the ref's should use some common sense!

Whats next... if you lift your shirt more that 25.74cm above your waistline you'll get a yellow card! should we not have the referees concerning themselves with making sure they get the more important decisions right rather than arsing about at goal celebrations?

McDonald.....you're still an arse! >:(

smart arse! :thumbsup:

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/8/fe/0,,10284%7E7667208,00.jpg[/img]

Surely the referee needs to exercise some form of common sense here. As it says on RedWeb, had he missed and done this would there have been a yellow card? Highly unlikely.

He shouldn't have done it, but utter fucking stupidity from the referee.

Why would he have done that if he'd missed?

McDonald should have known better, not lifting your top over your head after scoring is page 1. Pleased he scored but ffs, be aware of what you're doing. In the same token I do agree with what a certain poster on here said to me yesterday, it's almost criminal to put regulations on peoples emotions.

according to mcghee, he lifted the front of the top and patted his belly as a gesture to his wife because she's pregnant.

I'd be grateful if someone can provide a link to somewhere it says it's against the rules to lift the shirt. removing it yes, revealing text yes, but lifting it? that's so arbitrary i don't believe it's actually a rule.

padre i think the guy was meaning that sometimes when you miss you put yr shirt over yr head in a 'hide your face' gesture and maybe hide the fact that yr swearing yr heed aff.

it's never a rule and if it is then even more reason to break your local referees shins. CUNTS!

Just watched highlights........anyone surprised that the assault by Coke wasn't shown ?

Also highlights give impression that we were holding on for a draw......certainly not the way I remember it and not the way it seems to have been reported in most papers