Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Motherwell v Aberdeen

glasgow sheep

according to mcghee, he lifted the front of the top and patted his belly as a gesture to his wife because she's pregnant.

I'd be grateful if someone can provide a link to somewhere it says it's against the rules to lift the shirt. removing it yes, revealing text yes, but lifting it? that's so arbitrary i don't believe it's actually a rule.

padre i think the guy was meaning that sometimes when you miss you put yr shirt over yr head in a 'hide your face' gesture and maybe hide the fact that yr swearing yr heed aff.

it's never a rule and if it is then even more reason to break your local referees shins. CUNTS!

This whole shirtlifting thing kicked off when Middlebrough signed Ravanelli in 1996. At the time I was confused as to why the press & FA etc were making such a big deal about a bloke showing his chest to the crowd but as far as I can recall it was deemed that the sight of a pro footballer running up the touchline showing his bare chest while covering his face could 'insight a riot' in England. So Ravanelli and Middlesbrough were actually told he could only do it if he wore a T shirt underneath. And of course the SFA followed suit

Pre 1996 remember seeing Duncan Ferguson taking his shirt off and waving it like a flag and I dont think he got booked but cant be sure.

Anyway IMO the only celebrations that should warrant a yellow card should be those that are conducted directy and deliberatly infront of the other teams fans, or possible jumping into the crowd to celebrate with yer own fans (potential injuries as the crowd surges forward- although thats happened at celtic park each time ive been there no dons player has left the pitch). Had Mcadonald done this infront of the East Stand then I could understand this booking but this really is pathetic but either way he gave away a really stupid yellow in the middle of the pitch (highlights) and knew the rules on celebrating so hes a bit of a muppet. But pro footballers aint usually famous for their intelligence.

This whole shirtlifting thing kicked off when Middlebrough signed Ravanelli in 1996. At the time I was confused as to why the press & FA etc were making such a big deal about a bloke showing his chest to the crowd but as far as I can recall it was deemed that the sight of a pro footballer running up the touchline showing his bare chest while covering his face could 'insight a riot' in England. So Ravanelli and Middlesbrough were actually told he could only do it if he wore a T shirt underneath. And of course the SFA followed suit

Pre 1996 remember seeing Duncan Ferguson taking his shirt off and waving it like a flag and I dont think he got booked but cant be sure.

Anyway IMO the only celebrations that should warrant a yellow card should be those that are conducted directy and deliberatly infront of the other teams fans, or possible jumping into the crowd to celebrate with yer own fans (potential injuries as the crowd surges forward- although thats happened at celtic park each time ive been there no dons player has left the pitch). Had Mcadonald done this infront of the East Stand then I could understand this booking but this really is pathetic but either way he gave away a really stupid yellow in the middle of the pitch (highlights) and knew the rules on celebrating so hes a bit of a muppet. But pro footballers aint usually famous for their intelligence.

I agree it is a stupid booking but I was unaware of the fact doing a ravenelli could lead to a booking. I know there is rules about having a tshirt on underneath your shirt with a message written on it.

I am also aware the removal of your top leads to a booking but I was under the impression that this was after the likes of Forlan scoring and throwing his top into the crowd and having to wait five minutes to get the game restarted.

Still think it was a nothing booking and the ref should have used his discretion.

I think too much focus has been centred on the actions of referees in our recent matches, both by fans and the club - but i think the attention should be a little closer to home. Yes it may seem that decisions aren't going our way but thats just part of the poor refereeing ability in scotland that we have no control over and must accept. There are other factors that are within our control that we choose to accept that should be of more immediate concern to the manager.

I was happy with the effort shown second-half and even got some of my £20 bet back (£7.92 to be precise) by predicting McDonald would score at £1.25 e/w (16/1) so went home content enough.  Another bonus was I got in for £15 when I showed the guy my disability card as I did at Easter Road (£12 that day).  Might try it at other grounds in the future.

Could somebody please explain to me why I should be made to pay more for being able-bodied? Surely thats discriminatory to me?

I hesitate to say this due to it maybe being misconstrued but if you are fully able bodied all jobs are open to you if you have the relevant qualifications and abilities. Therefore you are able to get any job with any pay scale. This is not the case with those less fortunate than ourselves.

I hesitate to say this due to it maybe being misconstrued but if you are fully able bodied all jobs are open to you if you have the relevant qualifications and abilities. Therefore you are able to get any job with any pay scale. This is not the case with those less fortunate than ourselves.

Plus if they've nae arms or legs they take up less room. ;D

When all tickets go for a concessions ticket, show your card and they SHOULD let you in, know a couple of people with problems and they show their cards along with the ticket and have no bother atall.

Yet another example of political correctness gone mad in today's society.

Nae meaning to sound like Mr Politically Correct here. But I'm sure said less-able-bodied individuals would gladly pay a tenner more in exchange for having a fully-functioning body.

Same goes with disabled parking spaces. They are normally either free or have much longer time-limits on them than standard carparks. My missus has bad arthritis in her feet after a renal transplant ten years ago, and nothing fucks her off more than seeing a lazy, perfectly-able person parking in the last disabled space just because said person can't be bothered hunting for a regular space. As she says "you can have my reduced price parking space on the condition that you also have my disability".