Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Good versus Evil part deux

maverick sheep

similar to what i said in the original post but with the difference that i was trying to be less of a buzzkill.

We had no centre backs and 1 centre mid so of course they had chances but to say boyd would score those 9 times out of ten is more inaccurate than me saying we passed them off the park. Against a diddy team he probably would score 2 or three out of ten times but against top 6 he's lucky if he's averaging 1 in ten games, never mind shots.

Was an incredible performance from a thouroughly depleted team...McGhee must go!  :thumbsup:

Aye so why is he the second highest spl scorer then?  Boyd has scored plenty against us for both rangers and killie and we are clearly a top 6 side.  I cant stand the man but hes a very good penalty box striker.

Anyway im sorry if i am being a buzzkill, im delighted with the three points and the bragging rights.  Touch wood we'll have more points after saturday

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcgeady is the one to watch i reckon. The full backs atanding off him allowed him to gain So much territory. We need to hussle him off the park. Samaras could and should be man marked out of the game, whilst someebody with pace (foster)? May take care of Mcdonald.

This will be a game where our backline whoever they will be will have to concentrate for 100 minutes.

I do however think we will score. 

We moved the ball about pretty well but passed of the park is simply inaccurate, this is what i mean we beat a very average rangers team 1-0 and all of a sudden we are fucking brazil. 

Azteca, just watched the highlights on the beeb and there were only two shots shown after kerr went off.  As for boyd, well watch the highlights again and on another day he would have had a hatrick.  He was one on one three times, first half he went for the shot and mculloch tried to put a head on it as it was going wide, second half he forced clangers into a mint save from the penalty spot and then from the same place turned and tamely skuffed it into the ground.  These were all chances i would expect him to put away 9 times out of 10.  If we hadnt had such injuries to the back line i doubt they would have had anywhere near as many chances, positionally foster and charlie were all over the place.  If we dont have a defence again on sat i think we will get found out big time

Booo to your rational analysis. Nobody wants to hear reason and sense at this juncture.

Now...back on topic. So who will get the first hatrick of the afternoon at Parkhead ? CAMON YEEEEE REDS!

Booo to your rational analysis. Nobody wants to hear reason and sense at this juncture.

Now...back on topic. So who will get the first hatrick of the afternoon at Parkhead ? CAMON YEEEEE REDS!

I'm no really sure it's that rational though Ajja. Yes he had chances, but Boyd ALWAYS has chances and misses them, hence why he isn't a stick on fixture in the hun team. Boyd would not finish those chances 9 times out of 10. He had fuck all out of 3!

ABERDEEN manager Mark McGhee was today handed a boost on the eve oftheir trip to face Celtic. Defensive duo Andrew Considine and JerelIfil have both recovered from injury and will be in the squad to facethe SPL leaders at Celtic Park.

"It's great to have as close to a clean bill of health as we've had all season," said the Dons boss.

"The return of Andrew and Jerel is a massive boost because it gives us options at the back, which we didn't have a week ago.

There was also good news in midfield with the return of starletFraser Fyvie and winger Sone Aluko. "Fraser (Fyvie) has worked hard toget fit again," he continued. "Although the fact the lads in midfieldwere outstanding against Rangers means he may have to be content with aplace on the bench.

"Sone (Aluko) has also been training but we will make a late decision on whether he features."

Good that they are back, i think we would have comfortably beaten the huns last week if they had been fit.

I've tried posting this 3 times so fingers crossed it actually works this time. Rdu, if you're in glasgow, anywhere on the gallowgate shall be showing it. Just don't let it be known you are a man of substance. They may try to rape you. Also some won't show it until the last second before kick off! Mon the reds!

Aberdeen skipper Mark Kerr is suspended following his red card in last weekend's win over Rangers.

Aberdeen: (from) Langfield, Ross, Ifil, Considine, Mulgrew, Foster, Kerr, Miller, Young, Duff, Wright, Fyvie, McDonald, Paton, Crawford, Pawlett, Maguire, Grassi, Mackie, Bain

Typical sloppy BBC "cut-and-paste-usual-squad" pish!