Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Raith Rovers v Aberdeen - SC

glasgow sheep

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starks Park is a decent ground. I've nae been there since about 1995, but it was a decent ground back then. The stands are quite tidy and relatively modern, whilst still giving the ground a bit of character (unlike lifeless morgues like Rugby Park)

Agree it's a decent ground now. If I recall correctly Raith invested in their stadium to meet the criteria at the time, when other clubs invested in players resulting in Raith going down the leagues. Criteria for stadiums were subsequently challenged and reduced.

Being a Kirkcaldy boy myself, like, I would probably recommend 'The Abbey' as the closest, decent drinking establishment to Starks Park. Only 5 - 10 minutes walk/stagger from the ground depending on how much alchohol has been consummed! A little inside info for ya'll, the owner is a die hard Rangers fan!! Ha!

Avoid them pubs on Links Street if possible.

The Abbey (previously Abbotshall Hotel) is closest to Starks Park. I've emailed them and football tops are allowed.

Aberdeen based Rovers fan here, looking forward to the game and a good day out.

Would think twice before using TicketWeb though, those tickets are for the home end only and the club are taking a firm stance on supporters in the wrong end.  Taken from the Rovers site:

SEGREGATION

• Fife Constabulary and the Stewards will enforce STRICT SEGREGATION at the match. Any supporter found to be in the wrong part of the Ground will be removed.

• Only HOME tickets can be purchased from Starks Park/Ticketweb.

• ALL AWAY tickets MUST be purchased through Aberdeen FC.

Looking forward to the game though and the banter, although I cant see us getting a result.

Would think twice before using TicketWeb though, those tickets are for the home end only and the club are taking a firm stance on supporters in the wrong end.  Taken from the Rovers site:

SEGREGATION

• Fife Constabulary and the Stewards will enforce STRICT SEGREGATION at the match. Any supporter found to be in the wrong part of the Ground will be removed.

Looking forward to the game though and the banter, although I cant see us getting a result.

pah they always say that.

I suspect we'll only just sell out our allocation anyway so can't imagine many if any dandies will be in the rovers end

Guest rocket debris

Dosent bother me personally, but the stewards at Starks are like the gestapo.  People get thrown out for standing up, so they wont take too kindly.

Now that's an irresistable challenge to a fife hating bigot like me. Reckon I've got a minor scuffle or two left in me before my next custodial.

SEGREGATION

Could always fuck with their heads and in the pubs before the game all raith and dons fans swap tickets. See what the stewards do then

I'm nae saying that because of the manager(s), past and present and future... I'm saying it because it will be all too predictable if it happens  :-[

I'm nae sure Aberdeen will ever get away from inconsistent cup embarassment in the future.  :-\

I certainly don't hold out much hope that this is "our year"

I certainly don't hold out the hope either, fair do's that that's your attitude. Just ask because it certainly wasn't your previous stance ye know?

Aye, cos that's not happened recently... oh, wait.

Why can't you move on and give people a chance?

There are a wide range of cunts that could just as easily apply to. I understand precisely what Jager is saying and I too have been prevented from seeing much fitba this season for one reason and another and I think I'm kinda glad about a great deal of that.